Granite isn't meant for easy money

Atom Smash40

When it comes to availability of resources, skills mean absolutely nothing.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I'd figure somebody your level would know better!

So what would it matter if I was level 99 in whatever as opposed to whatever levels I'm at now? If there's only X trees, rocks, or fishing spots, there's only X trees, rocks, or fishing spots.

Besides, why are you trying to make a response based on my levels anyway? It's not hard to see that when it comes to availability of resources, levels don't really play a role. It isn't like a level 99 miner or woodcutter gets access to some secret cache of rocks or trees.

If there's only X resources, there's only X resources. Skills mean what in that, now?

thats junk trade. and it's almost impossible to sell on it's own

You missed the point -- through a junk trade, he was able to get the resources needed to buy a Saradomin Sword.

To be honest, there's a lot of things that will never sell on their own. That's how junk trades got started.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point is i was there first. i never said the rocks had my name on them. i was there first, ergo respect should kick in and they can find another batch of rocks when there are plenty more everywhere. but no. they come to the section im in.

and to all u who say u have "sold" over 10m in granite, BS. u obviously have like GSs and 3rd age. no one can sell granite alone. so say the full truth or say nothing at all.

unless you mine rune from 85-99 you yourself are also wasting your complete time as you gain nothing from having 99 so stop moaning about your silly rocks and go get yourself a girl freind

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

the point is i was there first. i never said the rocks had my name on them. i was there first, ergo respect should kick in and they can find another batch of rocks when there are plenty more everywhere. but no. they come to the section im in.

and to all u who say u have "sold" over 10m in granite, BS. u obviously have like GSs and 3rd age. no one can sell granite alone. so say the full truth or say nothing at all.

unless you mine rune from 85-99 you yourself are also wasting your complete time as you gain nothing from having 99 so stop moaning about your silly rocks and go get yourself a girl freind

Go look up the word "hypocrisy".

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Im ranting about noobs who come into the mine while im powermining my way to 99 and steal my rocks,

For what reason at all do you have any more priority over those rocks than any other paying member? None, none at all as both of you are paying members and both should be allowed use the resources provided to them. Stop being so selfish, it's only a game :|

if you can only sell through a junk trade, then why does he manage to sell 10m worth on the ge? oh, i guess you missed that. should have gone to specsavers.

they aren't your rocks, nor are they anyone elses rocks, because you dont own the game, you haven't got a share in the game, you aren't on a private server, you aren't bigger or better than any other paying member, you aren't cool by making flamebait and finally you aren't the only freakin person in this world, who wants to mine granite.

so either: a.) shut the hell up and just mine the rocks, or b.) continue to act childish and ignorant, as to how much of a spoilt 5 year old you really sound.

also dudius, seriously commenting on someone's name, pretty much invalidates your whole argument and point, which isn't a good one anyway, because granite does sell and people will mine it. don't have the patience to leave it on the ge? shut up and go away.

if you want to know how to beat these types of people, it's over the head with a stick while they sleep.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

some summoners also dont want to have to mine the granite and then craft it, so it is only fair that some people can do the work and get the money for the effort they put into the game.

Off Topic: BloodArgon, nice hitch hikers guide the galaxy quote in your signature =]

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your whole arguement is based on a misconception that these are your granite rocks and that these people looking to get some good junk or just hoping to sell it have no right to mine them, because it is solely your right, nay, your duty, to mine these rocks, which anyone can access given the quest and time. And taunting Sephiroth King's name in a thread on a completely unrelated matter just shows how immature you are. :lol:

Although if I ever make another character I'll ask you if the screen name is original enough. ;)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Sorry, but if they want to try to sell it, they can. It might not sell, no, but they can still try, and have a right to be there. They aren't "stealing your rocks", because they aren't your rocks, everyone has a right to mine granite for whatever reason they want to.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

IMO:This rant is pathetic and fails.

Further into discussion:

People can do whatever they want with their items..

QFT!

[hide=not for the faint hearted]'That n00b stole my pixelz1!121!@ z0mg jagex r3p0rt plz!!'[/hide]

Seriously, get over it, EVERYONE has a right to mine it, besides I think granite prices have crashed now

anyway, so no more 'Noobs'? 8-)

Catsmoker.png

I left my wife for a level 59 tank mage

OmFg Gr4n1t33 15 t3h sh1z i r n07 w4n7 n33bz t4k1n my b31g3 r0xx :twss:

Seriously though this is becoming the biggest [wagon].....and its entertaining to watch!

No need to take a personal shot at Sephiroth dudius.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

xxxgod as someone who has mined at these rocks you have my empathy. :thumbsup:

there are many rocks there that people can use but about 3 spots which are really effective for powermining, its rude when people come to a spot you are already at and use the rocks your mining whilst others are available :shame: (its not like woodcutting or fishing where you can share with little impact so dont flame the guy)

i understand your rant at jagex but these things happen, good intentions in one area will spoil results in another. the impact on your specific area is down to a lack of manners of unfortunately a fair proportion of people in the game which is also reflected in life.

before you flame a guy try to understand the point, I may be wrong but it wasnt really about selling granite but peoples lack of consideration and rudeness

keeping the post you wanted closed alive :lol:

flame away........ :ohnoes: (it will be water off a ducks back because i know im right)

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

Since we are apparently able to play this game according to "unofficial" rules can I play with mine as well?

I think combat level should be the ultimate "trump card", if mine is higher you have to go no matter how long you where there.

Then of course skill total would be next, if combat levels are equal.

Failing that, the players prayer levels should come into account.

Then the level of the actual skill being used.

Finally, if all those are even I guess whomever got there first should get to stay...

Or... Maybe we can just keep playing according to Jagex's rules? I find having thousands of individual rule-sets to hard to keep straight.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

It's gonna fall soon, relax. In the mean time it's a great way to do junk trades, seeing as that's the only way you're going to be able to get rid of it.

Sephiroth, I can't take you seriously on anything you've said. Your mining level is 52, you can't even enter the mining guild. If your powermining a few granite and suddenly a bunch of people with 45-50 mining (oh wait you fall into that category) what do you do? Can't switch worlds, took you forever to get to those rocks.

I've had 500 granite sitting in the ge at minimum price since the update. I had it in my bank and I put it in ASAP, so no it doesn't sell. Every man for himself? Mine and shut up? Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

Btw, reeeeeeeeeeal original name. Go back to watching anime buddy. Come back when you've played the game, or have some experience.

Wait, so now it's because you can't sell it validates his answer as true? Absolutely not, okay? 500 granite isn't a lot, I suggest getting it in massive amounts of bulk then selling, 'cause whenever I do that for an item it works.

I dont think so... if someone is buying in bulk the G.E. most often uses a bunch of smaller sales in my experience.

Yes, I do know what I'm talking about. I've been here longer than you. In fact, there were/are many threads complaining about how they can't get this because it's crowded or my rocks or my kill. Here and the RS forums. This rant is barely productive.

Being here longer does not validate anything you might have spent all that time with your thumb up your [insert word]

If people came when I was mining, I'd deal with it, and if worst comes to worst, find a different world. So ya, mine and SHUT UP. I wouldn't say a word, I wouldn't come onto here and go "0mfG st00pid n00bz0rz m1n3 my r0ck!!!111"

Note to self take his rock (70 mining ftw)

I don't know who you think you are, but what gives you the right to tell me that I should get experience, when I've been playing for more than 4 years? Hmm? Oh, right, I watch anime and therefore I'm unoriginal, stupid and have no experience!

Ya, for one, I'm 100 times more original in names than you, creating many noob accounts like Fienrir, Ren Lotus [My Japanese name], and others, which are way more creative than frickin' dudius. And, with the 4 years+ of playing, I think I may know what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not ranked, doesn't mean I have no experience--in fact, it shows I use my time for other things. [wagon]

That last paragraph has nothing to do with this rant

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

• 1 month later...
I think combat level should be the ultimate "trump card", if mine is higher you have to go no matter how long you where there.

Then of course skill total would be next, if combat levels are equal.

Failing that, the players prayer levels should come into account.

Then the level of the actual skill being used.

Finally, if all those are even I guess whomever got there first should get to stay...

no, what if someone has 198m experience in mining, and you come along with maxed combat stats and prayer? level of actual skill should be over a combat level.

i agree with platinum, i mine gold in brimhaven and people world hop to find a free world. i do the same. fishing has no problems even when cooking became a popular 99, silly monkfish fishers :).

even said, i think you should find something else to do if its too crowded, hunting red chinchompas got busy so i gave up, it just isnt fun anymore.

macho_munky.png

The more "honor rules" people make, the more people like myself will break those rules, out of spite of your immature hunger for power over others.

The only jurisdiction over playing runescape are the set rules by Jagex. If Jagex were to ban by some of player's draconian rules, there wouldn't be a community as nobody would play the game, everyone would be getting banned easier than on Facepunch or Something Awful.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png