Guild Wars.

ilya

Hey guys I just bought Guild Wars (Platinum Edition) yesterday and it seems like an uber fun game, with really good graphics and what looks like, a good story line.

Tell me your Name in game, which version You are Playing and maybe some other info :)

I'll upload some screen shots later, because right now I'm in my Block A Computers class, remotely controlling my laptop that's at home and games run really slowly :)

I really haven't gotten much of a chance to play other MMORPGS so I'd love to hear your opinions on the game, or maybe compare it to other games (I sense a WoW vs Guild Wars war :o ).

I have one problem with the game though, it seems that it's really empty, even in big towns there are not any more then 30 players max, which is a bit of a problem to me because I like player-player interaction. I teamed up with another guy but he had to go soon, so it got a tad boring, killing st00f by myself. Hopefully, I'll meet some dawgs on here and we can pwn some nubzors. Also I hate how you can't jump in the game and that there are a lot of invisible walls, I feel a bit limited.

I have a level 4 Elementalist (Lord Erchov) on the Prophecies and a level 4 Necroman (Rune Necro) on Fractions, so message me up and hopefully we can play together sometime.

Also maybe we can create a tip.it clan, so if one of us logs in, we can always find some homies to play with.

Note: I used the search button and I didn't find any topic with Guild wars in it, and looked at over 50 posts and most of them were Runescape related anyways.

My opinion.

I used to play, I got bored after completing the main story line. I never got the add-ons (Factions and Nightfall) because I was bored of the game. The instanced worlds were interesting, but made the game feel empty. I used henchmen for most of the game too, I only joined PUGs (Pick-up groups) when I couldn't complete some of the later missions. Speaking of PUGs, those were some of the worst player-player interaction I've ever had in an online game. Nobody listened, the majority of the melee characters rushed in without letting the mages regenerate their mana, and most W/Mo's thought that mending (+1 to health regeneration) made them invincible :|. I did end up joining some good guilds though, but that still didn't make the game fun...

Since I'm not a big PVP player, I just played the PVE part of the game most of the time. I liked how your PVP characters were linked together, so if you found weapons, runes, etc. it would be available to your PVP characters. But for the most part, I didn't like how I had to redo most of the missions to get my character up to the higher level areas. Getting a run was an option, but that didn't help unlock the skills... I also didn't like how monsters couldn't drop armor that you could wear. I like being able to hunt for rare armor pieces, but that was only limited to weapons. I also didn't like the weapon mods for the rare weapons, they just felt... So weak...

As for the combat, it got pretty intense at times, but that was usually because someone pulled too many mobs. But for the majority of missions, it was just using the same combo of skills a million times until you got to the next destination. I liked how you could remake your characters build at any time though, so if I got bored of fire magic or swords, I could switch at any time.

Overall, the game was fun for a while, but after getting bored I tried PVP, guilds, and some other things. None of them made me want to continue playing, though.

The main storyline is pretty damn good (at least for Main/Factions, didn't play Nightfall) but I found the games PvP lacking if you didn't have a good guild. Plus it's very much an entirely instanced game, which takes away a lot of the feeling of an MMORPG away from the game.

I play guild wars from time to time, just matters on my mood. Currently i forgot my screen name so i'll write it down later when i play again!!! You could just pm me your screename for guild wars and i'll contact you if you are on.

First ever MMO i played, even before RS my computer came secondhand with guildwars installed so i signed up and played that for about a month.Then moved onto RS because school freinds were playing it.

Funnily enough i dont remember much of it :^o

tifsdac6mc.gif

Guild wars = my favorite mmorpg

I usually just play the pvp, i might start doing the role-playing mode again but meh. I just love how the winner in the pvp games isn't always the person who has playes guild wars the longest, it takes a lot more skill then runescape pvp and the amount of time you play doesn't really matter, your build and how you use it does. ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

you mean guild for tip.it? lol I tried pvp but it's not that fun. probably because i don't have all skills unlocked yet.. lol I can't wait to get my hands on guild wars 2 when it comes out, but who knows whenever it's release is.

The Seer of Dwayna. i play alot of pve.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

• 1 year later...

I am so bumping this.

So I got back into Guild Wars recently with them beginning to add new content (and costumes!) as they start gearing up for the GW2 release in 2011.

Anyone still play?

I have three active characters across all four games.

Commander Kolliah W/Mo 20 (Nightfall)

Edgaer Baxtorian E/Me 20 (Prophecies)

and Seriah Hawkins R 1 (shut up :P) (Factions)

I also sold just about all my crap and managed to start a guild, The Judges of Kings, and had just enough to buy a guild hall for it. A rather unfortunately empty and unstocked guild hall.

If anyone wants to join the guild, I will grant officer privaleges to people I think can handle recruitment and fun without being overbearing. Otherwise I'm just going to run missions in Ascalon and attempt recruiting there. Just post here with your character names so best case I can have people and worst case a new friend or two ingame.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I still do, I keep an eye on Guild Wars 2 so I can update my Guild Wars 2 topic. So far all there is a bunch of lores.

Probably won't be playing though for until they actually get the war to start.

PS: You know you can travel across campaigns right? :blink:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I still do, I keep an eye on Guild Wars 2 so I can update my Guild Wars 2 topic. So far all there is a bunch of lores.

Probably won't be playing though for until they actually get the war to start.

PS: You know you can travel across campaigns right? :blink:

I know, just mentioning which ones they are from :P

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I just read the whole topic without realizing that I was the one that posted it 2 years ago, aha!

I completely forgot about this game, but this has sparked my interest and gonna go find my box right now.

Anyone else that's playing?

What would be a fun class for nightfall PVE?

I just read the whole topic without realizing that I was the one that posted it 2 years ago, aha!

I completely forgot about this game, but this has sparked my interest and gonna go find my box right now.

Anyone else that's playing?

What would be a fun class for nightfall PVE?

Both Paragon and Dervish sounds good, yes paragon is useless without imba and dervish is outclassed by rangers/warriors/sins. But the devs says they are getting a MAJOR update soon to fix everything, and you know how good anet is with fixing stuff.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.