Hints from future quest?

DieselX

Petty sure it's stone of Jas they're talking about.

Thus a mahjarrat quest with other aspects brought in (elves because of zaros/zammy involvement, and therefore gnomes because of involvement with elves (toxic waste); therefore dwarves and monkeys because of gnome involvement. (Red axe in league with gnomes, as well as gnomes trying to ally with monkeys) Also involvement with goblins because the location of stone of Jas. Pretty sure the guy from devious minds will be in it also. Basically I predict a hell of a lot of story lines will merge.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

guys you have completely forgot about the banner where it seems like she is wear a dragon plate <3: dragon plate could be from a monster killable after quest. other then that we might have a hint with the location of the new banner, wilderness maybe? it would work once we get pvp world maybe?

tbh there are prolly loads of clues we havent found yet

that wasnt a dragon plate. :|

How wasn't it a dragon plate? It wasn't anything else, and looked exactly like the cache version someone 'dug up'. Why do people consistently deny that dragon plate may be coming out? Are they scared or something? :roll:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

"Wasn't anything else..." :wall:

Have you ever seen someone in a Slayer Cape wearing a Dragon chain? All you could see in the picture was his shoulders and his bare arms. Chain = bare arms, plate = covered arms. The shoulders were exactly like Dragon Chain and the only vaguely complicating factor was that people thought there weren't red shoulders on an untrimmed slayer cape... but there are. I wish everyone would stop speculating so wildly about the tiniest detail.

Anywho, on topic, I haven't seen any hints for this big quest yet but I'm sure there will be something soon, maybe similar to the summoning icons on the mugs in the Development Diaries?

I wasn't talking about the clan wars picture, I was talking about the banner on the runescape homepage :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

And anyway, way can't a plate have bare arms? Theres no rule about breaking trend. Don't forget about barrows, torags platebody, dh's platebody and guthans platebody all are plates but they don't cover the arms apart from the wrists and shoulder.

well thats because Barrows armor is all old and gross and slimy... so no arms for them

And why should the undead need arms anyways?

There is a guy in the banner wearing a plate that looks the same but colored gray instead, that makes me thing its not a dragon plate

[hide=]

guys you have completely forgot about the banner where it seems like she is wear a dragon plate <3: dragon plate could be from a monster killable after quest. other then that we might have a hint with the location of the new banner, wilderness maybe? it would work once we get pvp world maybe?

tbh there are prolly loads of clues we havent found yet

that wasnt a dragon plate. :|

How wasn't it a dragon plate? It wasn't anything else, and looked exactly like the cache version someone 'dug up'. Why do people consistently deny that dragon plate may be coming out? Are they scared or something? :roll:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

"Wasn't anything else..." :wall:

Have you ever seen someone in a Slayer Cape wearing a Dragon chain? All you could see in the picture was his shoulders and his bare arms. Chain = bare arms, plate = covered arms. The shoulders were exactly like Dragon Chain and the only vaguely complicating factor was that people thought there weren't red shoulders on an untrimmed slayer cape... but there are. I wish everyone would stop speculating so wildly about the tiniest detail.

Anywho, on topic, I haven't seen any hints for this big quest yet but I'm sure there will be something soon, maybe similar to the summoning icons on the mugs in the Development Diaries?

I wasn't talking about the clan wars picture, I was talking about the banner on the runescape homepage :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

And anyway, way can't a plate have bare arms? Theres no rule about breaking trend. Don't forget about barrows, torags platebody, dh's platebody and guthans platebody all are plates but they don't cover the arms apart from the wrists and shoulder.

well thats because Barrows armor is all old and gross and slimy... so no arms for them

And why should the undead need arms anyways?

There is a guy in the banner wearing a plate that looks the same but colored gray instead, that makes me thing its not a dragon plate

[/hide]

This is because the light isn't coming from behind, but from the front/side. Part of it is caught in its own shadow. Naturally, when something's not in the light, it's darker/loses coloring.

It wouldn't look right if it was gleaming bright red.

cliffside1ra5.png

I think there's a clue in the article of week...

As far as i can remember these were the articles of the week sections since they added that future to the main page.

First of it was the high detail faq (no clue off course)

Than it was Champion challenges: It's in the champions guild, so quite possible you'll need that quest as most big quests require the dragon slayer quest

Than it was the Guild Guide: Maybe some of the skill requirements will be the same as the guild? Also: Legends Guild, Hero's Guild, Champions guild...

And now it's the Temple of Ikov quest: Why would they chose this article as the article of the week.?

Maybe it's just coincidence but yeah... It seems like a hint to me

(sorry about some spelling/grammar mistakes (probably))

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

I apologize if I'm coming off as a wannabe mod, but yes, there is already a thread about this. It died off, and degenerated into less meaningful comments and more people jumping in without reading. There are a few good ideas in there (most likely not mine :D ), and it's worth a read if people want to see some detailed theories.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=757103

My hunch, however, is that nobody will read that. So, these are my thoughts:

There are three major stories that could lead to an epic:

--The Elven Series (honestly, from the way people talk about it, you'd think MEP3 would bring the wildy back. WoM maybe linked...)

--The Stone of Jas (much speculation about it, ties loosely with RC guild, WoM, Lucien, Dorgeshuun, ToG. Lots of possibilities...)

--The Gnomic Series (strong connection with dwarves, it's got its own prophecy, and the prophecy sounds quite epic to me....)

So, in that case, we should plan three epic quests, and figure out which ones are plausible.

ELF EPIC

We have foiled the Mourners' attempts to summon Zamorak/Zaros! (Gah, I can never remember which one. I apologize if I have slighted them.) For the time being, that is. We stopped them from gaining access to the Temple of Light, which had powerful energies. These powerful energies would be used to summon (deity). However, there is more than one source of epic power in the world, so the Mourners may keep looking... hey, what's this "Eye of Saradomin"/"Stone of Jas"? Hmm, and the Mourners set off for that. This ties into the Jas epic, so let's try another approach.

The Wise old Man is attempting to raid Priffdinas! O NOES! Will you help him steal scrolls of knowledge, or will you aid the city guard in stopping him? Consider: you've helped the WoM before. Consider: The city is against Lleyta. I think you'll end up helping him enter the city. But how will that work? Given the powers of the WoM, and the difficulty of the task, you'd be more harm than help (the plans make it seem like it's WoM and maybe you vs. The whole city, and it's a hit-steal-run mission). I'm sorry, I can't see a MEP3 working out as an EPIC. It will be there, but most likely not as THE EPIC.

GNOME EPIC

The Arposandrans have connections with the Red Axe, we know that. Hazelmere has prophesized, however, the forces of evil coveneing in the north. You and your friend sneak in under disguise, and do something bold and daring.

This could happen in tons of different ways. But remember: it has to start from Arposandra. Given what has just happened, it seems that the next step is dispelling Arposandra's illusion, or invading through the sewers, or something. However, going through the sewers will involve the RED BUTTON.... again. That can't happen. So how do you think we could transport an entire machine into the tunnels, (let alone obtain another one), switch it on, and NOT have Glouphrie's servants switch it off as we enter the main city? It seems to stretch the bounds of fantasy. I'm a bit stuck here.

JAS EPIC

How many people are looking for this? Lucien, for one. Wizard Elriss, for two. Either Simon Templeton or the Wise old Man, for three (I believe WoM, but we don't know.) And, as mentioned above, possibly the Mourners. Something is going to happen. Perhaps Lucien's followers will stop hanging around that agility course, and start moving against Juna. Perhaps enough people will have played GoP for Elriss to track it to the Tears of Guthix. ("That snake Juna guards more than she knows", the stone is in the area of the Dorgeshuun. Ergo, the stone is in the Tears of Guthix.) Perhaps the Wise Old Man or the Mourners, using their own mysterious methods, track it down. Either way, I can see a few for this to start:

a) Juna asks you to help her defend the Tears of Guthix from (insert raider here).

B) (insert raider here) realizes that you have access to the Tears, and asks you to do something special while you're there next.

c) You encounter (insert raider here), figure out what they're doing, and either offer to help (a la option B) or warn Juna (a la option a).

I'm stuck here. You and Juna vs. The Raiders? You and The Raiders vs. The Godblessed Juna? You sneak in, gather info, and steal it for yourself? What are y'all's thoughts?

Anyways, which epic do you think will occur, and why? What do you think will happen?

I hope I haven't rambled too much, and I hope I provided something thoughtful that people will listen to.

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Petty sure it's stone of Jas they're talking about.

Thus a mahjarrat quest with other aspects brought in (elves because of zaros/zammy involvement, and therefore gnomes because of involvement with elves (toxic waste); therefore dwarves and monkeys because of gnome involvement. (Red axe in league with gnomes, as well as gnomes trying to ally with monkeys) Also involvement with goblins because the location of stone of Jas. Pretty sure the guy from devious minds will be in it also. Basically I predict a hell of a lot of story lines will merge.

Also I read somewhere that during mournings end pt 2 in one of the mine carts there is an ore that is found during the meryque series. (No stone unturned?)

=0

May be completely insignificant, but the far north east ruins of the wilderness, when you enter the spirit realm of that place there's a few circle pieces of rock on the walls.

Half the side looks like the rock that Guthix appears to use (possible stone of Jas) whilst the other half appears to part of a symbol, which looks like a combination of a saradomin cross and another symbol.

Dark_Jab.png