Mithril Arrows/Addy Arrows [F2P]

Sinkhan

Sources other than buying?

I've heard that catablepons in the SoS are supposed to drop them, but I trained for a while there and didn't get a single mithril arrow.

I'm going at black knights, but they drop them so infrequently. White knights are supposed to drop them too I guess, but there's no altar there.

There's also the option of picking up arrows at bounty hunter.

Suggestions?

Buy them. Seriously, it's not worth your time collecting them. Mithril arrows are very very cheap since waterfiends drop a lot of them.

Ice warrior should drop mithril arrows, and ankous should drop addy arrows. I don't know in what quantities they drop them though. You way be way better off just buying them.

2dvjurb.png

Well I was considering since I was training anyway, I'd find a monster that would drop something I need: arrows.

Ankous have never dropped addys for me.

It's not a common drop, but it depends on which ones you are killing. Just buy them, and save yourself some time. Train at Ankou for drops, sell and buy arrows if you absolutely need to.

~Zackdt

zackdt.png

most rangers train at ankous using mith/steel and use the addy arrows they get at cw or save for pk later...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Ankous do drop them, alot... But if you are gonna train your ranged, i would say black knights are the way to go. Easy to kill because they are a bit weak, and with a decent defence you will almost never get hit.

Plus the altar on the second level lets me have protect from melee and eagle eye pretty much indefinitely while I train ^_^. Eagle eye essentially adds 10 levels to my ranged.

Ankous do drop them, alot... But if you are gonna train your ranged, i would say black knights are the way to go. Easy to kill because they are a bit weak, and with a decent defence you will almost never get hit.

Plus the altar on the second level lets me have protect from melee and eagle eye pretty much indefinitely while I train ^_^. Eagle eye essentially adds 10 levels to my ranged.

OMG!!!!! you just made my day... i didnt know about the altar there, and im training ranged too... guess where im gonna go range now :thumbsup:

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Nah, that is inefficient.

Its better to just buy them.

Or fight a monster that drops a lot of coins/loot to you can buy the arrows

Fight cockroach soldiers, last time i trained attack there, I got at least 60k worth of stuff per trip.

In the end i gained around 300k attack exp and earned around 700k worth of loot

so...think about that.

Fight cockroach soldiers, last time i trained attack there, I got at least 60k worth of stuff per trip.

so...think about that.

Worker Roaches are better... I make about 85k cash and 23k exp a hour there...Soldiers are like 70K casg and 18k exp

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

ice warriors near port sarim can drop 3 mith and 2-5 addy arrows....

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

OMG!!!!! you just made my day... i didnt know about the altar there, and im training ranged too... guess where im gonna go range now :thumbsup:

Yessur. There's a room right next to the altar with 2 blk knights. As soon as you open the door, they auto-attack you regardless of level. Only annoyance might be random people doing the quest, but it's usually not many, or the odd other person training there (From 46-66 ranged, I've seen 2 other people training at my spot).

Maybe I'll make a guide :-k

so...think about that.

Worker Roaches are better... I make about 85k cash and 23k exp a hour there...Soldiers are like 70K casg and 18k exp

wow I never knew workers were better to train on.

phat5.png

How much EXP per hour can you get this way?

I'm not sure it's hard to say. It depends on your level of course, but I get about 3-5K per 10 mins, which translates to 18-30K XP per hour. Remember no food req'd and they've got half decent drops (Deaths, steel bars, laws, mith arrows)

so...think about that.

I dont see how that is true, the lv 56 workers drop nothing of high value? soldiers on the other hand can drop rune scimitars and rune sq shields and that is where the bulk of the money comes from.

Now i havent tried workers, but i am skeptical at best at what you said

so...think about that.

I dont see how that is true, the lv 56 workers drop nothing of high value? soldiers on the other hand can drop rune scimitars and rune sq shields and that is where the bulk of the money comes from.

Now i havent tried workers, but i am skeptical at best at what you said

Sure, soldiers do drop rune scimi and rune sq, once every 30 or 40 kills. Workers drop choas runes, nats, mith ores and coal witch can be seen as valueble. Not only do they drop those items often, they can be dropped in large ammounts(5-20). I usually get about 150nats and 300chaos, or so from a trip witch alone is about 60k... not to mention the ores i get and the mith armour i alch.

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Sources other than buying?

I've heard that catablepons in the SoS are supposed to drop them, but I trained for a while there and didn't get a single mithril arrow.

I'm going at black knights, but they drop them so infrequently. White knights are supposed to drop them too I guess, but there's no altar there.

There's also the option of picking up arrows at bounty hunter.

Suggestions?

Sinkhan, try ranging the minotaurs for a while, and rack up a load of Iron Arrows... Once you have about 2k arrows, then try going to the Catablepons near the 3rd floor prize room, and range at those a while, dodging in and out of the safespot to retrieve your arrows and drops. This should eventually result in your getting a nice stack of Mithril Arrows. ::'

And BTW, yes, Catablepons do drop Mithril Arrows, and Ankous drop Adamant Arrows... I know from my personal experience in battle down there. 8-)

Also, never use white knights for melee, unless you're in a team. Sadly, those white knights use crush-type attacks like as if they are going out of style, and it can do a lot of damage if you have platebody-type armor on. Range/Mage seems to work better on them. :|

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Honestly, I've never seen mithril arrows being dropped by catablepons, but I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, I think I'll just stick to black knights for the time being.

BTW slay, it's the room right next to the altar. It might just seem slow because there's no one to talk to in there >.>