10m for 94 mage...

fireeater235

I would like to go for lvl 94 Magic. I'll get 95 though just to be different. I am willing to use up to 10m on getting 94 mage, I do not mind alching half and spending the 10m on the other half but I just don't wanna alch the whole way.

The question: What should I train with for 94 Magic with 10m to use?

Don't play with fire!

Murfy.gif

18,200th to 99 Defence!

I've heard Humidify was decent xp, yet I have never done that myself so you'd have to ask someone else.

It's 65 XP each, which is the same for High Alching ... I don't recommend it. I made about 20k vials before I got bored. Don't ask how long, I took MANY MANY breaks.

If you're willing to spend your way then you might as well profit, imo. Buy chaos runes, use chaos gauntlets, and fire bolt away at Metal Dragons. Each spell gives 23ish XP + 2x your damage, so plan wisely. They're about 100ea, and fire runes are 9 ea (4 for the cast, so 36 gp for fires; 136 gp total)

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

using fire bolts is like one of the slowest methods imo...ever checked the exp that it gives? it's even lower than humidfy...much lower i think only 20+ exp and even with your average dmg on METAL DRAGS it isn't going to be higher average exp than humidify...imo the best mage exp would either be high alching WHILE cursing monsters or using lvl 6 enchant at the mage training arena...that's one of the fastest and cost efficient methods and i used that to get 94 mage...alternatively just leave your 94 mage as it is a barrage at cw on and off and gradually you will get 99...that's what i've been doing and so far all my mage exp from 94-97 is mainly from ancients at cw =D

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

to be different use mage arena near duel

spend 10 mil for teles alchs enchants etc. and use your points to buy infin parts and sell them for decent profit as well as xp

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

You could get 60k exp / h with lvl 5 enchant (diamond) and 80k / h with lvl 6 enchant (onyx) in Mage Training Arena.

I dont know where you got those numbers but with Onyx enchant at MTA I was maxing at 69k exp/hour which is about the same as alching. I am pretty sure there is no other way to do it more efficiently than how I was either. Unless some new method has been discovered 69k exp/hour is what you are looking at. Possibly 72k I may have gotten my numbers mixed up.

If you do go the MTA training way, try to mainly get enchant points but for breaks do the other games and buy mage books to resell for some of the cost of runes. Since you will be mainly enchanting for the exp you will still take a slight loss, but as you said you are willing to spend 10m.

Also, though more expensive than other methods, stunning the thing in your house can result in 80k exp/hour. I forget what exactly the "thing" is but I remember hearing from someone in the CC that he could get 80k exp/hour stunning.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

You could get 60k exp / h with lvl 5 enchant (diamond) and 80k / h with lvl 6 enchant (onyx) in Mage Training Arena.

I dont know where you got those numbers but with Onyx enchant at MTA I was maxing at 69k exp/hour which is about the same as alching.

I timed this rate myself when I was leveling up my mage there.

My way:

• -Get full bag of some random orbs;

-Right after that run to the center and enchant the orbs while running;

-When you have enchanted all your orbs drop them and get another ones or leave 4-6 orbs disenchanted and enchant them while running to get another stack of random orbs.

-Don't pick up d'stones, because you will get 16k points soon anyway.

-Don't bother with infinity stuff because you waste your time with crappy mage exp in the other arenas.

I just think alching sounds the easiest, what is the best item to alch for minimal loss? I'm not asking for the secret item that makes profit or breaks even, just an item I can buy in bulk for the least loss. Thanks.

Don't play with fire!

Murfy.gif

18,200th to 99 Defence!

A list of losses per item:

(Prices listed as of August 20th, 2008)

*All prices calced at market value*

Nature Rune price: 242gp

Green Dhide body (4,534 each): 96gp loss

Blue Dhide body (5,443 each): 69gp loss

Ruby Bracelet (1,265 each): 112gp loss

Emerald Bracelet (779 each): 106gp loss

Yew Longbow Strung (658 each): 132gp loss

Magic Longbow Strung (1,413 each): 119gp loss

I just did some commonly alched items. As you can see green d hide bodies are not as bad as some people think they are. However, they are not considered raw material so the GE limits shall apply to any purchases you may try. Although buying them from another player will nullify the limits.

Apparently, my signature was to big.