FA Cup 6th Round Draw:

1 Liverpool v Stoke City

2 Chelsea or Birmingham City v Leicester City

3 Stevenage or Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers

4 Everton v Sunderland

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Got back from Wembley at around midnight last night. Delighted to win the cup, it was a good effort by Cardiff though.

Wembley was very nice, was a great view, very good day overall :thumbsup:

...though the less said about Charlie Adam's penalty, the better :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Doing first aid for the Blackburn game today. Time to see what these protests are like first-hand. And watch what only promises to be a crap game of football.

EDIT: I was placed next to the press box, and I caught one jorno using Facebook he was that bored. Can't describe how awful the first half was for the neutral. I think Blackburn's first shot on target was Paul Robinson kicking the ball back to Shea Given after Villa knocked the ball out for an injury. That was like 27 minutes into the game or something. The whole of Ewood Park sarcastically applauded it. Bizarre...

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

• 2 weeks later...

Currently seems like Fabrice Muamba is fighting for his life after collapsing during the spurs vs bolton game, horrific. The players have been taken off and the game will presumably be called off. Can only hope that Muamba pulls through.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Just heard that he's in stable condition. Very encouraging news after the initial worries. Hope he's able to make a full recovery... the credit entirely goes to the quick actions of the medics for saving his life. Lots of respect for how Webb handled the situation as well.

Fabrice Muamba in stable condition

March 17, 2012

* Email

* Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba appears to be in a stable condition at a North London hospital after he collapsed on the pitch in the FA Cup tie with Tottenham.

• Muamba collapses, match abandoned

After being treated by six paramedics, Muamba, 23, was rushed to hospital where a spokesman said he is currently in stable condition after medical staff managed to restore his breathing.

More to follow...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1037005/fabrice-muamba-in-stable-condition-after-collapse?cc=4716

"Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been admitted to The Heart Attack Centre at The London Chest Hospital where he is in a critically ill condition in intensive care," said a joint statement from Bolton and the hospital released at 2130 GMT on Saturday.

"No further information will be issued at this stage. The club and hospital request that the media and public respect the family's privacy at this time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17417973

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Ugh, the guy is younger than me. Was really horrible to watch.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I was on duty yesterday at the football. Most I had to deal with was a little kid that got his finger caught in the seat. Ice pack and a plaster. Puts it all into context really. I'm just glad that thanks to the early intervention from paramedics, physios, club doctors and the SJA volunteers, he was given a chance to survive, but having gone that long without breathing I'm not sure we should celebrate anything. Brain damage or permanent loss of limb function is an easy possibility.

Five against Wolves, and Zubar giving me an early birthday present by getting himself sent off pretty blatently for two bookable offences. Watched the game in Wigan where the rugby team won. Good day.

15pts between first and third in the table. People who claim the Premier League is the best in the world because in every other league only two teams can compete for the title are, frankly, deluding themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair the ref made some shit calls. Not an excuse for yet another gutless performance though. Saddens me to see Dalglish in such a situation, won't be surprised if Comolli and Kenny resigns or is sacked in the summer. Can see the likes of Suarez and Reina leaving too. Liverpool with their current squad are a million miles from being anywhere near good enough to qualify for the Champions League let alone compete in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Time Howard on Everton gets a shut out, Arsenal beats City, and Fulham ties Chelsea 1-1 off a goal from Dempsey in the 82nd minute. Great week for football :thumbup:.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

4-4... well at least Liverpool are losing. Still think we're favourites for the title. City need to win the derby, we can draw against them and either Sunderland or Swansea and we'll win by a point. The media have been going crazy all day saying City are in the driving seat now but I think it's more to do with the fact they've got a story to tell now when they didn't before today's result or the loss to Wigan.

As for Dalglish: If it was any other manager, he'd have gone long before now. Why is he persisting in building a team fit for the 1980s? I'll say this about his signings as well. When Liverpool signed Charlie Adam from Blackpool, they thought that was the end of the Tangerines' dream. I was at Bloomfield Road yesterday, when they secured a play-off spot with a 4-0 thumping of Burnley; they didn't miss him, and haven't missed him all season.

As for Dalglish: If it was any other manager, he'd have gone long before now.

Up until the Arsenal match at Anfield (March 3rd) Liverpool were within touching distance of the top 4. Seeing as a CL place was the owners' goal at the beginning of the season it wouldn't have made much sense to sack him before that. But now, since it's so close to the end of the season I guess there's no point sacking the manager. If anything is going to happen it will be in the summer. It looks likely especially after Comolli, a fitness coach, the GK coach, and some others were all let go earlier this month.

At this point I hope Newcastle get 4th as I think they deserve it the most because of how much less money they spend compared to Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs; not to mention they had to go through relegation recently.

As for the title, I'm leaning more towards Utd winning it than City simply because of their limitless experience in being in this exact situation. I guess a lot of people favour City now because of the momentum they've picked up compared to United. Chelsea were in the same situation and had to beat them at the Bridge last year and blew it in something like 30 seconds if I remember right when Hernandez scored. Even if City win they have to beat Newcastle and QPR who both have a lot left to fight for, whereas Swansea and Sunderland won't be as fired up as they don't have too much more to gain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, some sort of justice with Arsenal 3 - 3 Norwich. Canaries should have had a penalty in the first half, and perhaps another one too. The shirt-pull was the most obvious one. And also with Van Persie in the closing minutes, altho it was offside as the replay showed.

Wolves tomorrow, should be 3 points. And a nice finish to the season with hopefully ending above Pool in the table =)

Also wow, i haven't really been on this forum much since winter lol.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

Horrific 1st half for Liverpool, both in terms of tactics and individual performances. 2nd half started pretty much the same, until Carroll came on. He was fantastic, the only Liverpool player who can be proud of their performance. Some are claiming his header was past the line but honestly, from the angles I've seen, it didn't look to be 100% over the line. The final was lost before then though, Chelsea deservedly won due to our shocking start to the game, and serious questions will be asked of both coaching and playing staff.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png