2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Just hearing Liverpool have agreed a deal with Sunderland for Jordan Henderson, not actually sure on what the fee is though, and it may or may not include David N'gog going the other way. I was unsure when I first heard the link with Henderson but I reckon this will be a good deal, will be able to offer something short-term and hopefully become a very good player for long-term, we have arguably overpaid (going on the estimated figures, as I say the fee doesn't seem to have been revealed yet) but I guess you have to these days for the young British talents.

Update: Indications are that the fee is £13m + David N'gog, which I'd be very happy with.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as you don't pay 20m for Downing heh.

I'd like to see Sturridge at Everton, 'we' never have any money so a transfer is unlikely but i wonder what Chelsea would say if Everton poked around asking for a loan.

The worst transfer would be Arsenal or someone nicking Baines, no chance in hell to replace.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Would anyone be interested in joining a tipt Fantasy Football league next season?

Teams can't be made yet but you can find more info here

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I've done a team for the last 4 - 5 years, and would be good to do it within the forum if i get enough interest :thumbsup:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Would anyone be interested in joining a tipt Fantasy Football league next season?

Teams can't be made yet but you can find more info here

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I've done a team for the last 4 - 5 years, and would be good to do it within the forum if i get enough interest :thumbsup:

I'd be interested, I have a team on there usually anyway :P This one: http://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/ is also quite good too.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Hah, Manchester City's sponsor deal with Etihad can't seriously be accepted by UEFA...

The owners of both are a bit too closely related to be unbiased.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/8623800/England-football-team-could-be-forced-to-wear-EU-flag.html

Urgh, the reality absent idiots in the EU parliament can shove it somewhere else.

Too high imo. However he's a good addition.

Yeah it is a high price, but I guess it's been a problem area in the squad for years, so he'll be a good addition as you say, certainly adds a different style on the wings.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

I saw this a while back but forgot about it, found it interesting: (List of highest chance-creators in the league last season)

top-15-chance-creators.jpg?w=441&h=330

Liverpool certainly seem to be targeting players who have shown themselves to create a lot of chances, to supplement Suarez/Carroll etc. as all three transfers so far appear in this list.

(Sorry if i'm boring anyone with Liverpool talk :razz: )

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

^Well, not much happening in the other side of Liverpool (no not Tranmere).

I must say, i would have liked to see Wes Brown and Seb Larsson, but Bruce has got a few more pesos in his pocket.

I'm struggling to think of any probable transfers for attack. I hope that we'll see some loan deal.

Also need someone that is inexpensive but can do the job in the back-line if anyone get injured or suspended.

The more pressing matter is Evertons economy. This is about 14months old, but the situation is the same: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Everton

11th best team in the MLS beats the 11th best team in EPL (not to mention San Jose's goalkeeper scored form 90 yards out) and New England held Man U to a 0-0 draw at half when Man U had all of their starters (including Rooney) playing. Nice to see MLS isn't a complete joke anymore. Looking forward to L.A. vs. Real Madrid soon too.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

11th best team in the MLS beats the 11th best team in EPL (not to mention San Jose's goalkeeper scored form 90 yards out) and New England held Man U to a 0-0 draw at half when Man U had all of their starters (including Rooney) playing. Nice to see MLS isn't a complete joke anymore. Looking forward to L.A. vs. Real Madrid soon too.

Well you can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, though MLS certainly seems to have improved, I liked the goal from the San Jose Gk too :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Well you can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, though MLS certainly seems to have improved, I liked the goal from the San Jose Gk too :razz:

Yep, they just came in for training a week ago or so from holiday. But that said, i sometimes watch MLS games that don't air too late, i've found myself liking Seattle a bit. Comparing the league with others is difficult, i wouldn't say it's as good as Zweite Bundesliga or Championship, maybe closer to French Ligue 2.

The tempo in the MLS games are bloody impressive tho.

Atm i'm watching Young Boys - FC Basel *need my fix*.

Commercially, I'm impressed with how the MLS has developed. It's incredibly difficult to promote 'foreign' sports in geographical areas which already have their own established sports, America specially given it has four major sports already. It would be a lie to suggest that association football in America is a major sport (a lie that FIFA tries to peddle every two years, mostly to deaf ears for those of us in Europe who can see better) but it's achieving all the basic goals that a minor sport has to meet: active participation at grassroots, media coverage, stable finances, and facilities for talented youngsters to develop into professional players. The MLS is something that lot of minor sports in the UK (re: anything except football) could learn from.

Tactically, I'd agree that it's still not up to speed with even the Championship though.

If you're craving a fix, the Championship starts again in three weeks time, with many teams in the Football League hosting Premier League clubs until then. I think Chelsea recently played Wycombe Wanderers.

Watched a few games recently.

I was very surprised by Uruguay's win over Argentina at Copa America. I thought for sure that Argentina would have pulled it out, but I guess not. Real Madrid vs. LA Galaxy was unfortunately a blowout; was hoping for a 2-sided match. Manchester City (albeit without Tevez) vs. Vancouver was surprisingly evenly matched it seemed. Vancouver was definitely playing at their best, and I was impressed to say the least. Watched the women's world cup fina tool. That was one of the best games I've seen (other than the dirty red card at the end of extra time). I was disappointed by the outcome, but Japan definitely outplayed us and deserved the win.

Looking forward to the Man U/Barca rematch and the MLS All Star Game against Man U.

Copa America has been pretty eventful too, so that should be exciting.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

This Cesc story is becoming ridiculous, "..We will fight to the end to try to get Cesc.." - Guardiola.

Just pay the bloody money or stop crying out in the media.