2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Dalglish has been sacked; it's sad in many ways but seemed inevitable with the poor showing in the league. However we currently have no manager, no chief executive, no director of football, no director of communications and who knows what else. Strong appointments need to be made, and soon.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Dalglish has been sacked; it's sad in many ways but seemed inevitable with the poor showing in the league. However we currently have no manager, no chief executive, no director of football, no director of communications and who knows what else. Strong appointments need to be made, and soon.

Really need Liverpool to be active in transfers this summer. We desperately need some pacy midfielders and a solid goalscoring striker, otherwise we're looking at another mediocre season. This will be a very interesting summer for Liverpool.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If the required staff can be appointed quickly then they will have enough time to shape the team how they desire, though I don't know the finances that will be available, if the staff were sacked as opposed to their contracts expiring then that will be a rather large severence package which won't be able to go towards transfers.

Either way, their squad should still be aiming for european qualification next season.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

If the required staff can be appointed quickly then they will have enough time to shape the team how they desire, though I don't know the finances that will be available, if the staff were sacked as opposed to their contracts expiring then that will be a rather large severence package which won't be able to go towards transfers.

Either way, their squad should still be aiming for european qualification next season.

I believe Camolli was sacked, Kenny's contract was terminated and I think Clarke resigned shortly after Kenny "left".

I've also heard rumors that FSG were going to cut the transfer budget a bit this year, after last years flops. But who knows what they'll do now with a new manager and all.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The Red Sox have always tried to buy players at good value for their worth. It was the wasteful spending, in addition to his perceived mismanagement of the Suarez incident, which let Dalglish down in the eyes of Henry. They won't allow that mistake to happen again, and there won't be a very large pot of money to buy new players with for whoever takes over, be it Rafa, Martinez, or the gaffa of my local seven-a-side.

Not really a big Chelsea fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed today's Champion's League final. There was a little too much diving in extra time for my tastes, but it was still one of the best matches I've seen in a long time. I couldn't believe Bayern's goalkeeper not only took a penalty kick, but also scored... :blink:

Also looking forward to USA vs. Brazil. Hopefully we only lose by 1 this time.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I didn't think it was a great game really, though I did like when Neuer took the penalty aswell :razz: I don't really like Chelsea much, but congratulations to them.

I was wondering what people think about this: My Dad/my friends were all supporting Chelsea last night, even though they don't like Chelsea normally (well most of them don't). Their reason was 'because they're English'. As I have said I don't like Chelsea much, and would've preferred Bayern Munich to win (though I wasn't all that bothered really). But the way I see it, Chelsea aren't representing England, they are only representing Chelsea. Now many people I know are happy that 'we beat the Germans', but I don't personally celebrate any English team winning other than Liverpool.

So do you/would you support teams from your country (other than any you support, if you support a team from your country) in a continental/similar competition because they represent your country, or do you see the teams on a more individual level?

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

As a Tottenham fan I wanted a Bayern win last night as a Chelsea win (now) means Spurs aren't in the Champions League next season. Saying that, I would never have cheered on Chelsea last night even if there wasn't a vested interest in a Chelsea loss for Totteham, even though they are an English side. The thought of John Terry lifting the trophy is just sickening, why anyone would cheer on a team with a fanbase like theirs, with a captain like him, is beyond me. Awful, awful club.

From early on I thought Chelsea looked like the better team. Bayem, played like a bunch of 10yr olds once they got within the box, all they would do was just blast the ball every chance they got with out and real target just hoping hey hit it in the right direction and it'd go in.

tFtfA.jpg

I didn't think it was a great game really, though I did like when Neuer took the penalty aswell :razz: I don't really like Chelsea much, but congratulations to them.

I was wondering what people think about this: My Dad/my friends were all supporting Chelsea last night, even though they don't like Chelsea normally (well most of them don't). Their reason was 'because they're English'. As I have said I don't like Chelsea much, and would've preferred Bayern Munich to win (though I wasn't all that bothered really). But the way I see it, Chelsea aren't representing England, they are only representing Chelsea. Now many people I know are happy that 'we beat the Germans', but I don't personally celebrate any English team winning other than Liverpool.

So do you/would you support teams from your country (other than any you support, if you support a team from your country) in a continental/similar competition because they represent your country, or do you see the teams on a more individual level?

No. But then our education system teaches far more about the Battle of Britain and gas chambers than it does about Roosevelt and the conversion of US foreign policy to interventionism, therefore the half-truth that "We beat the Germans" still continues to perpetuate with an almost racist glee in the general public, so what did you honestly expect? It's like the jubilee and the wedding last year; you'll find no shortage of people in the coming months as we approach the Olympics who wouldn't normally purposefully go around trying to pronounce their British-ness suddenly wearing Union Jack waistcoats while singing all the full verses of God Save The Queen (including the bit where they kill Scottish people).

Am I British? Yes. Am I proud to be British? Yes, although it's not like I had a choice in the matter, I still have a high respect for my society's shared commitments to egalitarianism, democracy and free expression. Do I feel a need to express my nationalist pride by hating Germans at every available opportunity, or supporting a football team just because they happen to play at a ground some 300 miles from where I live which I've never visited before, or even ever cared about visiting? Oh, and by the way, a club whose captain is due to stand trial for racially abusing another player?

Don't be ridiculous. I'm secure enough about my national identity that I can support a German team because, shock, they play better football.

</rant>

Last night I supported the team that dominated the game. Just as I did in the semi-final Chelsea played in. And was thoroughly disappointed on both occasions to see Sam Allerdyce football taken to its uber-extreme, "beat" far better opposition. Sixth in the Premier League, "Champions of Europe". I found it silly when Liverpool won the Champions League finishing fifth that season, and I find this even more baffling. Not that it would have been much better had Bayern won instead, I'll admit, what we all really wanted was an El Classico final because they are, indisputably in my opinion, the best two club teams on the planet.

No. But then our education system teaches far more about the Battle of Britain and gas chambers than it does about Roosevelt and the conversion of US foreign policy to interventionism, therefore the half-truth that "We beat the Germans" still continues to perpetuate with an almost racist glee in the general public, so what did you honestly expect? It's like the jubilee and the wedding last year; you'll find no shortage of people in the coming months as we approach the Olympics who wouldn't normally purposefully go around trying to pronounce their British-ness suddenly wearing Union Jack waistcoats while singing all the full verses of God Save The Queen (including the bit where they kill Scottish people).

Am I British? Yes. Am I proud to be British? Yes, although it's not like I had a choice in the matter, I still have a high respect for my society's shared commitments to egalitarianism, democracy and free expression. Do I feel a need to express my nationalist pride by hating Germans at every available opportunity, or supporting a football team just because they happen to play at a ground some 300 miles from where I live which I've never visited before, or even ever cared about visiting? Oh, and by the way, a club whose captain is due to stand trial for racially abusing another player?

Don't be ridiculous. I'm secure enough about my national identity that I can support a German team because, shock, they play better football.

</rant>

Oh don't get me wrong, I fully expected it to happen. I wanted to get some views on it on here as most people I talk to generally just can't understand where I'm coming from. I fully agree with everything you've said there though, very nicely put.

Last night I supported the team that dominated the game. Just as I did in the semi-final Chelsea played in. And was thoroughly disappointed on both occasions to see Sam Allerdyce football taken to its uber-extreme, "beat" far better opposition. Sixth in the Premier League, "Champions of Europe". I found it silly when Liverpool won the Champions League finishing fifth that season, and I find this even more baffling. Not that it would have been much better had Bayern won instead, I'll admit, what we all really wanted was an El Classico final because they are, indisputably in my opinion, the best two club teams on the planet.

I also agree with this :razz: I suppose winning justifies it, but Chelsea played very poorly. Somehow Bayern wasted countless chances (and Barcelona before them, and Napoli before them...), and Chelsea's approach somehow paid off.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Montpellier won Ligue 1, 13th largest budget in the league. Altho i fear PSG will dominate Ligue 1 during the next few years, so it was nice that they didn't win.

CL final was quite ok. I 'supported' Bayern, i don't see a reason to support another British team (well, a team with like 3 brits in it) and also, i'm soft for Germany and German football. Bayern really need to work on corners, free-kicks etc, their statistics in that is horrendous. Not at all surprised that Chelsea won tho. They can still do this one-off match.

But most of all, happy that it wasn't an El Classico final. Because those two teams, there's no other way in putting it, they will dominate Europe so much for the foreseeable future. Because of their crazy tv income and other perks.

I'll keep on rolling, supporting two teams with crap economy, Hammarby and Everton, which are actually similar in many ways hehe.

I don't expect much activity by Everton in the summer, maybe if they find a pound under a rug somewhere, some player might join, but i'd have no idea who he'd be. Very thankful for Jelavic tho.

Oh and, even tho my hobby team in Serie A is Lazio, i'll admit it's nice to see Juventus back in the champions league.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Not cheap being a Marseille fan: http://boutique.om.net/fr_nv_fiche__Maillot-OM-Third-2012-2013-642171.html

150, god damn.

Had a look at what Everton's home kit costs at the moment, 25£. Altho it's 11/12.

Montpellier won Ligue 1, 13th largest budget in the league. Altho i fear PSG will dominate Ligue 1 during the next few years, so it was nice that they didn't win.

CL final was quite ok. I 'supported' Bayern, i don't see a reason to support another British team (well, a team with like 3 brits in it) and also, i'm soft for Germany and German football. Bayern really need to work on corners, free-kicks etc, their statistics in that is horrendous. Not at all surprised that Chelsea won tho. They can still do this one-off match.

But most of all, happy that it wasn't an El Classico final. Because those two teams, there's no other way in putting it, they will dominate Europe so much for the foreseeable future. Because of their crazy tv income and other perks.

I'll keep on rolling, supporting two teams with crap economy, Hammarby and Everton, which are actually similar in many ways hehe.

I don't expect much activity by Everton in the summer, maybe if they find a pound under a rug somewhere, some player might join, but i'd have no idea who he'd be. Very thankful for Jelavic tho.

Oh and, even tho my hobby team in Serie A is Lazio, i'll admit it's nice to see Juventus back in the champions league.

Yes huge congrats to Montpellier, I don't really follow Ligue 1 but that's a great achievment.

Jelavic is a very good player, excellent at scoring goals with his first touch (and in general). Liverpool could have done with a player like him!

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

• 1 month later...

Haha, missed the whole Euros thread here... Damn.

Anyways, silly season going on and i guess the hottest topic atm is Thiago Silva/Zlatan to PSG. It shall be intresting to find out how the financial fair play rules will end up... So many teams out there that i would say are out of the Europa/Champions league if you were to follow what the rules say.

And Van Persie.. Who knows where that'll end up.

My football abstinence is put down by viewing fussball from south america. Got the channel that shows the Brasilian Serie A, so that's nice. Some games are a bit shit tho, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, the MLS All Star team managed to defeat the club that finished 6th in England. I think the MLS could have selected a better opponent for its all stars to face, but good for them. I would have rather seen City, United, or Arsenal. Chelsea may have won the Champion's League, but I still feel they weren't exactly close to being the best club in Europe.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

With the exception of Manchester United, the All stars have a fairly good record against British opposition.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_All-Star_Game#section_3

I'd also imagine the organisers would have wanted a different team this time around rather than United this year. Also, aren't City/United/Arsenal all touring Africa/Asia?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

• 4 weeks later...

Tim Howard with the shut out against United. Not a bad start to the season. Felt so wrong seeing RVP in a United kit, though :?.

Hamtaro.png

• 2 weeks later...

He'll score when he wants, he'll score when he waaants. Robin van Persie, he'll score when he wants.

Swindon subbed off their goalie today after 20 mins against Preston when they were already 2-0 down. I mean, he had a crap game to that point, don't get me wrong, but it's the one thing you can't really do as a manager. The new goalie let in another two by the end of the match, leading the Preston fans to start cheering, "You're getting subbed in a minute". I have never seen anything like it, honestly.

• 2 months later...

Hahaha...

Di Matteo sacked.

Jesus christ, they are gonna run out of managers to employ if they keep up this rate.

You have to wonder, even if Pep ever did end up managing Chelsea, how long would he last? Roman fell in love with the game when he saw Manchester United play in the CL, so says the myth; in other words, he discovered how successful Ferguson has been at United, thought he could emulate it at Chelsea. Clearly he didn't learn about the three years of misery that marked the start of Ferguson's tenure, because he's not given any of his own managers half that time to build the dynasty he desperately wants.

Benitez? Well... he won the CL, and you can probably attribute Torres' dramatic drop in form to Rafa leaving Anfield. Apart from that, I'm looking forward to our next match with Chelsea. I think Rafa's a joke, personally, especially the way he handled himself towards his final years at Liverpool. He proved it further at Inter.

EDIT: Just found this on Facebook, thought I should share here:

23899_10151140127156452_1733544748_n.jpg

In managers alone!

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...