2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Just been getting into soccer (err... football) as of last month. I heard it's preseason friendlies for the BPL right now correct? Cause when I turn on my TV I usually see a BPL team destroying an MLS team :lol: Looking forward to how Man Utd does this year. They look like the best team in the BPL right now, but some of those La Liga teams look like a threat to Manchester (Barca & Real Madrid).

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Just been getting into soccer (err... football) as of last month. I heard it's preseason friendlies for the BPL right now correct? Cause when I turn on my TV I usually see a BPL team destroying an MLS team :lol: Looking forward to how Man Utd does this year. They look like the best team in the BPL right now, but some of those La Liga teams look like a threat to Manchester (Barca & Real Madrid).

I assume you mean for the Champion League?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I assume you mean for the Champion League?

Yeah, was that the one where Barca beat Man U 3-1?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Still looking forward to Manchester United vs. MLS All Stars tonight. Landon Donovan won't be playing because of injury and Hernandez most likely won't be because of Copa America. Looks like there won't be so much strain on the MLS defense to keep up with Hernandez, but MLS will also be without their main play maker. I think it will be a lower scoring game than last year, but Man U will probably still come out on top.

Edit: Well, that was disappointing.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

All these oil-Arabs and Russians making modern football so fun.

Latest i heard was PSG have/had bid for Pastore @ 45m€... Joy.

The twist in the story is that it is probably a "good" thing when it comes to Malaga for Spanish football.

Btw, what say you about OM's Europa shirt?

http://boutique.om.net/fr_nv_fiche__Maillot-OM-Third-2011-2012-612678.html

Above the sponsor it's quite ok, but below... God damn, haha.

So apparently the Central European Bank could end up seizing Ronaldo and Kaka from Real Madrid (possibly to sell to other clubs?):

http://deadspin.com/5825637/cristiano-ronaldo-could-end-up-being-seized-by-the-european-central-bank

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8265563.stm

I wouldn't think it's appropriate to use a person as monetary collateral, but apparently not everyone sees it that way.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I say, Wenger - Get Barton now when his free. They need someone a bit mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Fabregas to Barca then, just furthers my uninterest in La Liga. I like watching Villareal, but it's just too much of a two-horse race. Obviously in England you only have Chelsea and ManU the last few years, but it's a lot more exciting and a smaller gap in points etc etc.

Now Wenger can't at least complain that he hasn't got any money to spend.

Fabregas to Barca then, just furthers my uninterest in La Liga. I like watching Villareal, but it's just too much of a two-horse race. Obviously in England you only have Chelsea and ManU the last few years, but it's a lot more exciting and a smaller gap in points etc etc.

Now Wenger can't at least complain that he hasn't got any money to spend.

I'm guessing his next excuse will be the lack of time due to the lateish transfer.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Maybe in an ethical sense, the people who Kenwright met with and put out the information to the media, was not the nicest thing. But at the same time, it clears up a lot of the problems.

The easiest and best option would be to expand Goodison, but it's packed with houses around, and Everton certainly aren't rich enough to buy up the surrounding area. Which creates a big problem when trying to find a buyer, but at the same time, i'm not too sure about if an oil-sheik would be a good option either, since you never know what kind of 'loose cannon' you might end up, so to speak. But all this sounds slightly hypocritical coming from someone whose keyboard is a 2&½ hour flight away.

Ross Barkley will be intersting to follow this season, and hope that Rodwell finally can go about his business as he has potential to do.

Something else, i'd planned on following Lazio and Juve a bit more this season, but it'll be a bit difficult since i'll be moving to another town (uni), most Serie A streams are quite crap (they air on 'free' tv here).

He needs some help, but that team has no spine. It's time that Arsenal realised there's very little quality down the centre of the park. Koscielny did alright in a poor Arsenal performance, while Djourou was an imposter from start to finish, at fault for the red card against the young right-back as well as several United goals, and also picked up a booking himself. Without Fabregas there's no one in the middle who can switch defence to attack. RVP is a world class striker, but if he's injured or in bad form, who next? Keeper does a decent job, but not anywhere near the calibre Arsenal need. Everyone else is a fringe player, Walcott included.

Short of spending £50m on two centre-halves, a good midfielder and a new keeper, they are prone to results like this. Crawley Town gave us more of a fight last year. Also, enough with this young squad nonsense, Arsene--the United team today on average was younger than your own. No excuses there.

Arsenal lost too many of their better players during the off season, including their skipper. It's no surprise they fell apart when they have to play a bunch of second string players. Then again, Manchester United are looking like the best club in Europe at this early point in the season.

Hamtaro.png

For a club as big as Barca, this whole Fabregas saga is just embarrassing. Cesc has been kidnapped according to some of them. :lol:

Only [developmentally delayed]s say he was kidnapped. But... embarrassing? :smile: : . It was one of the best business moves that I've seen on the market at least in the last five years. They took the only TOP midfielder in the world who wasn't playing at Barcelona and hired him for a very, very reasonable price. Yes, it's a bunch of money, but Cesc was worth it (Barca's latest games and his brilliant adaptation back me up here).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw Barcelona - Villareal again... wow. Despite the [cabbage]ty overall competition level La Liga has, I think that if they win ''at least''' one more CL they'll be unquestionably the best football team ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw,f or me, it looks like the citizens are taking the EPL this year.... time will tell.

Hopefully Evertons money goes straight to the debt. The debt has been eating up the club for a while now, and 15 odd million pounds would take it to about -30ish.

Saha will only get injured, and never play long enough to find any form, and Anichibe... God all mighty save us. Vellios and Guye have both looked really good when they've been given their chance, but it's a bit dangerous to only trust a couple of kids. Beckford, i think, could have been kept in the club, but a decent bit of business nevertheless. The new guy, 'el traca', who knows how he'll perform. Not gonna judge from a couple of youtube clips.

Arteta was a good deal, and a lot of money gone in wages too. But not so much creativity left.

Will be interesting, but weird, seeing him in Arsenal.

My personal preference was always Puma, but I haven't played with official boots in a while. They actually fit well for an entire season and don't easily get destroyed with use. They're durable and comfortable, so they had my loyalty the last few seasons that I played.

Hamtaro.png

I'm trying to find a pair of Nike Tiempo Ronaldinho 10R cleats floating around. Ridiculously hard to find in a size that'll fit me, especially since a womens model was never introduced.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Oh for christ sake, now they're discussing (sorry for crap site) "positive discrimination", there's no such thing as "positive discrimination". As in every other job, if you're good enough and fit the bill, you will be considered. Affirmative action can go to hell.

Villa on saturday, hm, i'll be positive and hope for 2-1 to Everton.