2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Jesus christ I didn't realise his injury was that bad. Liverpool were amazing though, just hoping Spurs pull it back against Wolves now.

Maginfied obviously, but still... Damn.

I suppose todays match also highlights the need for a new midfielder.

Also, just finished the Wolves game, they are brilliant exciting every time i see them (and they should have won the game, but... Refs says differently). They really don't deserve to go down, ManC with all their zillions invested... God they are boring to watch.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Liverpool brilliant today, Suarez was amazing :thumbsup:

Yup way better than a sulking Torres. :thumbup: ......still can't believe Kuyt got a hat trick.

He was lively all through the game, and his run to set up the first goal was incredible :razz:

Also it was possibly the easiest hat trick ever, but hey, he got into the right positions at the right time :razz:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Sad to see a match ruined by a wrong send off.

And i also love the fact that grown men who are in physical top-trim roll around on the grass as soon as you put a finger in their shoulder.

Really can't stand Barca.

Also, grats to the Ukrainians, 6-2 against Roma, hehe.

Barca seem incapable of shooting outside the six yard box. It was a shame RVP was sent off for such a ridiculous reason, although in all honesty Barca should have wrapped they game up much better with the domination they had.

Yep.

Something that will be interesting is if UEFA takes action over this or just let it slip past.

I also don't understand why Rosicky started instead of Arshavin.

I think Milan will go out tonight, their focus is on the Scudetto. I somehow hope Schalke goes thru, mostly because it's good for German football and their season has been so sub-standard. I'll try having an eye on CL and Everton tonight.

Edit:

Woohoo. Arteta popped his hamstring in the, hm 6th min i think it was, and will be out for a few weeks. Things can only get better...

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool out of the Europa League and probably won't be in Europe at all next season. It may be a blessing in disguise, but not sure.

Champions League draw was interesting though:

Spurs vs Real Madrid

Chelsea vs Man Utd

Barcelona vs Shaktar Donetsk

Inter Milan vs Schalke

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Inter will be very happy with that draw. If Barca and Real win their respective draws they'll end up facing each other 4 times in 3 weeks...should be interesting. If Barca were to win all 4 of those matches (which isn't as far fetched as it sounds) Mourinho could be sacked.

As for Liverpool being knocked out, it was bound to happen eventually with a squad with no depth. Not to mention English teams have a habit of underestimating teams in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. Oh well, this summer will have a big say in whether Liverpool will sink lower of start to recover.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Would have been more fun to see Man U and Chelsea against other European teams (not Tottenham). As long as United get some people back, i'm having them as favorites. Maybe Rio should get a new chair or sofa for all his twittering.

Shakhtar will be interesting.

Would have been more fun to see Man U and Chelsea against other European teams (not Tottenham). As long as United get some people back, i'm having them as favorites. Maybe Rio should get a new chair or sofa for all his twittering.

Shakhtar will be interesting.

Chelsea are now almost fully fit though, I think it's a 50/50 chance and will be decided by form on the night and luck. Reckon one of those two will make it to the final.

Looking forward to a possible Real - Barca semi :thumbsup:

Nice result for Liverpool, very nice goal from Suarez, who was lively all game :smile: Carroll looked tired but that's to be expected, not at full fitness yet.

And Chelsea 2-0 Man City, Chelsea weren't at their best, but Man City were disappointing, particularly in terms of attacking.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

And Chelsea 2-0 Man City, Chelsea weren't at their best, but Man City were disappointing, particularly in terms of attacking.

Starting to get the feeling now that Spurs will do to Man City what they did to them last year. Only 4 points behind them with a game in hand and yet to play each other. Would be a massive failure if City don't make it into the top 4 again.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I wonder if not Hargreaves should retire and become a coach of some sort instead, just read that a joint in his shoulder popped out as he was nearing recovery.

England - Wales in a couple of hours, will be interesting to see how they perform.

Back from The Hawthorns, Liverpool were pretty awful. It didn't help that Johnson and Agger went off injured so soon, but we could barely keep hold of the ball and deserved to lose. One positive however was that Danny Wilson was actually reasonably impressive.

Barring a massive slip-up, the title looks set to be won by Man United, Arsenal just don't seem to be consistent or ruthless enough to win it.

Also, Norwich beat S[bleep]horpe 6-0 today, and although he didn't score, apparently Dani Pacheco (on loan from Liverpool) was very impressive on his debut.

Edit: Haha didn't think about the censor blocking part of that out, it's Scun-thorpe in case anyone is confused :razz:

Edited by MonkeyChee

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Wasn't able to watch Everton - Villa yesterday, wrote a standardized-test during the morning/noon for uni (i suppose similar to SAT), gonna watch some highlights later. Decent point anyways.

But i watched Arsenal - Blackburn yesterday, hahaha... They really need to shop in the summer, especially for someone who shouts at them for 90min.

And hahaha, i'm watching Sunday Supplement atm, and my god, how PC... 'ooo horrible blablabla'. Yes i know there's kids watching, but come on...

Edit: Last part is about Rooney.

Edit2: Milano derby yesterday was really enjoyable up til Inter were reduced to 10. And Cassano... Haha, what a man.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. Almost had a heart attack watching Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Lots of injuries before the game, particularly in defence, but Flanagan and Robinson (both around 17/18) were very good, Robinson in particular was brilliant.

Then, penalty to Arsenal in 97th minute, then a penalty to Liverpool in the 101st minute as the last kick of the game!

Lucas was MOTM for me. Arsenal way on top for most of the game, but the determination shown by Liverpool was immense.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Oh wow. Almost had a heart attack watching Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Lots of injuries before the game, particularly in defence, but Flanagan and Robinson (both around 17/18) were very good, Robinson in particular was brilliant.

Then, penalty to Arsenal in 97th minute, then a penalty to Liverpool in the 101st minute as the last kick of the game!

Lucas was MOTM for me. Arsenal way on top for most of the game, but the determination shown by Liverpool was immense.

Didn't Daglish say "piss off" or something to Wenger at the end? Hehe.

Boring match until the last 20 or so. Hopefully Carra is ok.

Everton only 2 points behind Liverpool now, but 'we' got Man U next weekend... And it isn't looking too promising with half the squad being of age 21 or younger (well, the bench at least heh).

I'd like to see Everton picking up Birmingham's Larsson in the summer.

Didn't Daglish say "piss off" or something to Wenger at the end? Hehe.

Boring match until the last 20 or so. Hopefully Carra is ok.

Everton only 2 points behind Liverpool now, but 'we' got Man U next weekend... And it isn't looking too promising with half the squad being of age 21 or younger (well, the bench at least heh).

I'd like to see Everton picking up Birmingham's Larsson in the summer.

Indeed he did :razz: I think Wenger was suggesting it wasn't a penalty at the end.

And Larsson is a good player, could see him doing well at Everton.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Manchester United will escape any action from the Football Association after a dressing room wall was damaged following their FA Cup semi-final defeat at Wembley.

It's ridiculous how they seem to be able to get away with anything.. as if their behaviour on the pitch did not scream sore loser enough. T'was a good game though.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche