2011/12 Football Season

Phil

So then, Luis Suarez set to have a medical with Liverpool, if he can settle in the premier league it'll be a fantastic transfer.

However, Chelsea making bids for Torres, who apparently wants Liverpool to consider the offers. Haven't seen any quotes so I'm remaining skeptical, but there are a lot of rumours. Personally I would understand to an extent if Torres wanted to leave for a club such as Barcelona, Inter Milan etc., but going to Chelsea would be very disappointing.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

^Banana man: Suarez going for the same amount of money that Milan will pay for Zlatan in the summer (ok bigger wage, but still). I think it's an overprice.

Chelsea's academy hasn't produced much for their own team, despite all the investment gone into it, McEchran (spelling?) looks real promising, but will be a couple of years. But it doesn't happen overnight with the academy, Man City, who've got one of UK's best academy's are looking like they are ruining it with all their signings. Also, Chelsea's spine are 30+ and then there's some youngester, but except for Chech and Ivanovic, there's none around that 25 mark.

E: O, Torres had his transfer request rejected by Liverpool.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It'll be unforgivable for Torres to go to Chelsea, though it looks as if that will be the way of things. It's a real shame. I can understand his desire to win trophies but his timing seems odd and to leave us so close to the end of the window is not very classy at all. I really thought he was a red through and through.

Football is a funny old thing. Some guy you never met decides to play for another team and it feels as though you've been stabbed in the back by a friend.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

It'll be unforgivable for Torres to go to Chelsea, though it looks as if that will be the way of things. It's a real shame. I can understand his desire to win trophies but his timing seems odd and to leave us so close to the end of the window is not very classy at all. I really thought he was a red through and through.

Football is a funny old thing. Some guy you never met decides to play for another team and it feels as though you've been stabbed in the back by a friend.

Exactly how I feel. Reminds me of when I idolised Michael Owen when I was younger, was devestating when he left.

Also yeah, the timing seems classless from Torres, and the choice of team odd. Really makes you question his previous quotes of loving Liverpool and not wanting to play for another English team etc.

(Don't get me wrong, I can understand that he might want to leave, due to lack of trophies, his age etc., but he's gone about it in an awful way.)

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Yeah £35M plus any add-ons is ridiculous. He's had a decent start to his Premiership career, the only reason Newcastle are asking so much is because he's English and the only reason Liverpool are paying so much is because they're desperate.

I've been expecting him to leave for a bit now but not like this......

And Newcastle really got screwed over.

Did they? I think they are the winners here.

Well they got a lot of money for him, but couldn't bring in a replacement.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Well they got a lot of money for him, but couldn't bring in a replacement.

True, but as a bonus they have Ben Arfa coming back. And they will get better deals for a striker in the summer.

There's so many mixed stories about this, that they made him put up an transfer request to make it easier and blablabla.

Anyways, it'll be an interesting Sunday.

Gogogogo Toffees tonight.

Go burn some shirts or something, it'll help.

The people who have done this are despicable. The worst fans. It's not the name that matters, it's the bird. That's the whole point of no one being bigger than the club.

35m for Carroll is ridiculous but if he scores us goals then so be it.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Blues brother Neville retired from football today.

Not surprised, but i thought it would wait til summer. Tho they got O'Shea, Brown and Rafael there to cover. Fantastic right back.

Speaking about Wes, there's been some rumours about him leaving in the summer, and i wouldn't mind seeing him at Everton.

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke :^_^:

Another goal for Meireles, and a debut goal for Suarez! At least I think it was, my understanding is that if it's on target it doesnt matter that the defender touches it, it's not an own goal, however I'm not sure on that. But whether it count's as his or not, it was a good debut for Suarez. Good performance all round, Kuyt was probably man of the match for me.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Didn't Kenny field a 5-3-2 to start with? What's that all about? :blink:

(Edit: Nevermind it messed up :razz:, but basically Gk, 3 CBs, 2 Wingbacks, 3 CMs, 1 AM and a Striker.)

Looked bad at first but looked good as they got more used to it.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Eugh... Benitez needs to learn that silence is golden. You'd have though his 'Facts' would have taught him that, and his promises of a top four finish. He lead the club into this dark period, they've just placed arguably the club's most iconic figure at the helm to dig them out of the hole they're in.

Now is not the time to be saying you want to go back there, and that Torres was undervalued.