2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Nothing new to say about Everton, lots of chances but nothing going in.

Just came to say that wow, i'm surprised. Big Sam sacked, very strange. What are their ambitions? Getting a Euro place? There are many teams in front of Blackburn for those places, even if they invest a fat amount of cash. Around that 10th mark is good for them.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Some interesting draws, in particular Arsenal vs Barcelona.

Champions League last 16 draw:

Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk

AC Milan v Tottenham

Valencia v Schalke

Inter Milan v Bayern Munich

Lyon v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Barcelona

Marseille v Manchester United

Copenhagen v Chelsea

And for the Europa league Liverpool have drawn Sparta Prague which I'm happy with, Man city have Aris.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Nice pitch in Ipswich - Leicester lol. (stripes due to old crap tv)

[spoiler=img1]2dmfr85.jpg

[spoiler=img2]w8md1x.jpg

E: Now there's a 10min break due to the weather. This is a rule that i've never understood, if a match needs to be cancelled, just play the remainder of the time on a new date instead of playing the match all over again.

With the amount of matches postponed last winter and now, the English leagues may as well have a winter break.

Yes, but tell that to Sky.

Players want it, but not the clubs, since they'd get less tv-money.

Watching Bayern - Stuttgart atm, 5-3! I really don't understand why Bayern didn't invest in new central-defs during the summer.

God damn idiot Anichebe.

E: Bit nerve-racking at times. What a fantastic win, Howard&Distin were flipping great.

I didn't enjoy it too much when Hibbert was sent to central defence, I'd played Rodwell there instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much discussion here hehe, but let's hope on 3-0 for the Blues today (not Birmingham).

Despite the penalty award, Howard was brilliant... He also smiled to his defenders.

And Distin was brilliant too, otherwise... Arteta was more involved than his been the last few games which is positive. Anichibe held the ball up well, but i would have liked to seen Yakubu there instead, i don't understand why he went on loan. Beckford/Yakubu would be interesting up in the front.

Good derby, but with a little less dirtiness than usually.

Steve Bruce's celebration was brilliant.

Distin was really good, he was so quick off the mark when someone made a break down the wing. I never knew he was that pacey tbh. I was happy with Spurs getting a point, Man U defended so well though I can't really look past them for the title if they keep playing like this and grinding out results or even hitting top form.

Haha, almost sunk by West Ham while Yakubu scores for Leicester.

The last 10min of Villa - City showed that there's no real team, but a bunch of individuals and no real leader on the pitch either.

Tomorrow, chicken farmers vs my older sis' dads birthplace. 0 - 1 to West Brom.

Was today enough for the Berba doubters to stfu? If it isn't nothing ever will be. Fantastic game by Wayne too. Playing well with important matches against Blackpool, Southampton and City coming up.

To make things sweeter, Latics are one step closer to relegation after today. :D

Stepping away from the EPL for one post but the SPL is getting really quite interesting up top after Hearts beat Rangers yesterday.

Celtic - Played 22 - 52 Points

Rangers - Played 20 - 47 Points

Hearts - Played 21 - 45 Points

Hearts play Celtic (Away) on Wednesday and then Rangers (Away) again on Weds 2nd Feb. Hearts have scored 28 out of a maximum 30 in their last 10 games so if they beat (although it's probably a big if) both Celtic and Rangers they could end up 2nd, 1 point behind Celtic with a game in hand. These next 2 weeks are pretty much going to decide if the SPL is a three horse race or not I think. Should be good :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Was today enough for the Berba doubters to stfu? If it isn't nothing ever will be. Fantastic game by Wayne too. Playing well with important matches against Blackpool, Southampton and City coming up.

To make things sweeter, Latics are one step closer to relegation after today. :D

Look at his statistics on away games. he scores almost only at home.

E: I wanted to half-watch Udinese - Inter, and what does the crappy tv channel have on instead? Traffic cops! Haha, what a joke.

This "sexist comments" story by the SKY guys is funny.

Why make such a big deal about? Ok, i know UK is quite pc... But come on.

It's a joke, it would work in the pub, ok not the smartest thing to say while they're on their job, but just get on with it. Apologize and run on.

I don't have any problems with females refereeing, as long as they pass the same tests as the guys, welcome.

It's a joke, it would work in the pub, ok not the smartest thing to say while they're on their job, but just get on with it. Apologize and run on.

I don't have any problems with females refereeing, as long as they pass the same tests as the guys, welcome.

They were taped off air whilst their microphones were still on, I don't know if you actually heard it but they clearly weren't joking and it's quite bad for the game to have two of the most recognisable sports presenters in Britain to be heard talking with such archaic viewpoints.

They were taped off air whilst their microphones were still on, I don't know if you actually heard it but they clearly weren't joking and it's quite bad for the game to have two of the most recognisable sports presenters in Britain to be heard talking with such archaic viewpoints.

Yes, but I haven't read the full piece about it, just an article about it.

Anyways, Blackpool - Man U tonight, i can't see anything but 3p for United tonight.

Drogbas cracker was a real beauty yesterday.

Edit: Gray sacked, and that second clip in the studio is a bit worse. Stupid.

It's hard enough getting young British girls to play football, or even sports in general as it is without cretinous opinions like that hanging around the sport's elite pundits' necks. Then again, Sky Sports are hardly ones to talk about the portrayal of women in laddish footballing culture. Anyone who's ever watched Soccer Am can testify to that.

You were saying about Berba's away form, btw?

That he needs to score more away goals, look at his history.

This looks like his season, he hasn't really impressed since coming to United in all honesty.

Oh and, how's Phil Brown been doing?

Phil Brown was a bizarre apointment, not least because I also lived in Hull during their last season in the Premier League so it's weird how he seems to follow me. :P

But seriously, PNE could have Mourinho and would still be going down. No funds, squad not good enough, Football Museum all but gone, attendances through the floor, incompetent new chairman in Maurice Lindsay (you only have to look at his track record at Wigan Warriors towards the end of his time there - we were glad to see the back of him and haven't looked back since).

Frankly, I don't support PNE and neither do most Prestonian sports fans. If you understand the background of how sports, football and rugby league in particular, were established in the north west, it's easy to see why. The majority of people here don't follow sport, and if they support a football team, it's Liverpool and United in that order. PNE suffers from being so close to two of the most successful organisations in club football, but it doesn't seem to have the local appeal Bolton and Blackburn enjoy.

tl;dr: Off-field problems will condemn Preston to League 1 whether they have Phil Brown or Humpty Dumpty at the helm.