2011/12 Football Season

Phil

^National team may not be up to scratch but we still have the greatest league in the world. Green's International career is more or less dead now anyway, thanks to the beast Joe Hart. Just a shame he plays for Manchester City. :smile:

keen.png

Capello is a joke for not including Green. He made one, -one- mistake. The English team played horrific anyways.

I think it's weak and mismanaging from him to not pick Green, he is a great goal keeper. To pick a 21 year old Watford keeper infront of Green is a joke.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Well, I am a Manchert City fan. Have been my whole life. Here's my set-up for them :)

Keepers: Shay Given, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor.

Defenders: Jerome Boateng, Wayne Bridge, Aleksander Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Shaleum Logan, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong, Adam Johnson, Michael Johnson, James Milner, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Patrick Vieira, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Emmanuel Adebayor, Jo, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez.

How I would start:

Keeper - Joe Hart

Right back - Micah Richards

Centre backs - Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure

Left back - Aleksander Kolorov

Holding midfielder - Yaya Toure

Right wing - Adam Johnson

Centre midfields - Niger de Jong, James Milner/Gareth Barry

Left wing - David Silva

Centre forward - Carlos Tevez

On the bench: James Milner/Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paulo Zabaleta, Emmanuel Adebayor, Jo, Shay Given, Jerome Boateng

Left out: Roque Santa Cruz, Micheal Johnson, Patrick Viera, Joleon Lescott, Shaleum Logan.

And Mario Balotellli, no idea where he is.

I seriously think we are huge contenders for top 4 this season, and winning the league in the next couple of seasons. COME ON CITY!

Well, I am a Manchert City fan. Have been my whole life. Here's my set-up for them :)

Keepers: Shay Given, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor.

Defenders: Jerome Boateng, Wayne Bridge, Aleksander Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Shaleum Logan, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong, Adam Johnson, Michael Johnson, James Milner, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Patrick Vieira, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Emmanuel Adebayor, Jo, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez.

How I would start:

Keeper - Joe Hart

Right back - Micah Richards

Centre backs - Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure

Left back - Aleksander Kolorov

Holding midfielder - Yaya Toure

Right wing - Adam Johnson

Centre midfields - Niger de Jong, James Milner/Gareth Barry

Left wing - David Silva

Centre forward - Carlos Tevez

On the bench: James Milner/Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Paulo Zabaleta, Emmanuel Adebayor, Jo, Shay Given, Jerome Boateng

Left out: Roque Santa Cruz, Micheal Johnson, Patrick Viera, Joleon Lescott, Shaleum Logan.

And Mario Balotellli, no idea where he is.

I seriously think we are huge contenders for top 4 this season, and winning the league in the next couple of seasons. COME ON CITY!

I'd have De Jong over Toure in that holding role, Toure seems more athletic and you'd get more out of him if he gets forward a bit more. Having said that I never saw a lot of Toure at Barca so I could be completely wrong.

Too bad for Zamora, out for at least 4 months with broken ankle. He is a damn good striker, such a shame with all his injuries. I think he would have played a couple of qualifiers during the autumn for England as well.

Heh well, Man U - Everton! I gave up at 3-1 and thought again "hmm... when are we going to start picking points?". I don't usually yell out when Everton scores, but i did it twice yesterday! Haha, 2 goals in injury time... What the hell is Man U up to. But i say thanks!

Yak should have been put on earlier, really need someone heavy in the front.

Saw Chelsea - West Ham later on, nice goal from Scott Parker. Hammers could have at least equalised with all their opportunities.

Birmingham - Liverpool... Wow, without Reina Birmingham would have gotten 3 points. But still, they really should have scored. I wonder when Torres will start producing.

Hard fought draw for Rangers. It was a dull game, pretty much 0 goal scoring opportunities for both teams.

..Ugh another ugly injury, this time to Valencia. From what I saw it wasn't a malicious tackle from Broadfoot, I think his foot was planted or something and he rolled over on it.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Hard fought draw for Rangers. It was a dull game, pretty much 0 goal scoring opportunities for both teams.

..Ugh another ugly injury, this time to Valencia. From what I saw it wasn't a malicious tackle from Broadfoot, I think his foot was planted or something and he rolled over on it.

My neighbour country and their Köpenhamn beat Rubin Kazan with 1-0, ok on home turf, but surprising. Nice tho.

I caught last 20 of Man U - Rangers (came home late), Berbatov really should have played. And damn that break... I saw a clip on youtube, eek. I instantly remembered when i was 12, playing football and broke my leg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roy's days are numbered, though I wouldn't completely blame him. Losing Macherano was a huge blow defensively. Don't have a proper healthy left back either and then you have Johnson at right back so...

Edit: Liverpool have finally been sold :o :)

Yeah I woke up to find this :shock:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/board-agree-proposed-sale

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Nice with the first victory of the season for Everton... If i could dream i would have Landon Donovan+a striker in the January window.

@Liverpool, it's not Roy, it's the squad. It just isn't good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, what a great weekend.

Damn different with Yakubu up in front. Artetas goal was pretty nice.

And eh, i thought i would just write that all this Rooney stuff was just some media stuff blown out of proportion. But i guess not. Personally i bet on Real, Benzema+cash.

If he goes to Man City, he'll be hated by even more.

Personally i started following PL when Rooney appeared at Everton, which was the same time when we got the tv channels for the premiership, and i just sorta stuck with 'em since. I would have guessed he'd finished his career at Man U, but i guess not.

I can't see him going to Barcelona, although Real is a possibility because of Mourinho. I can see Chelsea putting in a serious bid for him because they need a young striker but Man City will be the favourites in my opinion.

Watching Tottenham tonight has been a bit embarrassing, can't believe Inter have picked them apart so easily.

And i watched Man U - Bursaspor.

I always seem to pick wrong CL match! Rafael played really well, even had to cover Vidic who lacked pace in a couple of situations.

And i just realized (after watching a Sky video), that maybe Everton will have a bit of cash in january or summer, since there most likely is a sell-on clause on Rooney.

And i watched Man U - Bursaspor.

I always seem to pick wrong CL match! Rafael played really well, even had to cover Vidic who lacked pace in a couple of situations.

And i just realized (after watching a Sky video), that maybe Everton will have a bit of cash in january or summer, since there most likely is a sell-on clause on Rooney.

As far as I'm aware they get 25% of the profit of the sale, I think they sold him for about £25m so they could get a few million.

What a soap opera.