2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Wow that Carling Cup match was a classic. Congrats to Arsenal for topping the league.

Regarding Liverpool I thought they'd concede late into the match as they have been doing this season but for once they were pressuring them towards the end. Also Kyrgiakos should start more matches.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Wow that Carling Cup match was a classic. Congrats to Arsenal for topping the league.

Regarding Liverpool I thought they'd concede late into the match as they have been doing this season but for once they were pressuring them towards the end. Also Kyrgiakos should start more matches.

Yeah I was pretty nervous in those last 10 mins. Yeah Kyrgiakos has look pretty impressive, he nearly got another goal today too!

rosssigfinal.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Merseyside derby tomorrow! I hope we can kick some Benitez butt.

On sunday Chelsea - Gunners, basically make or break for Arsenal.

Otherwise whether you read crappy Sun or a proper paper, you're haunted by Terry's escapades heh.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I only caught last 10 of Everton's game, but flipping great result!

Not many others in this thread lol.

At the moment watching Everton - Sporting, 1 - 0 by Pienaar. It was a bit similar to what Guti did a while back.

In an hour, Milan - Man U. But, they've put Lyon - Real at the same time aswell... Bit crappy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. feel so bad for Ramsey :( .. hope he recovers from this 100%. I didn't see the tackle but I heard it was a clean break so hopefully it'll heal fast.

Just search on the tube if you want to see it.

I watched the game until the 35th min (had to do the dishes+shovelling away snow+shop some beer). But the tackle isn't sinister in anyway, of course nobody aims to break another persons leg... But [cabbage] happens. And if you watch footage you'll see Shawcross has tears coming from him.

Hopefully this won't destroy Ramseye's career. But he'll be out for a long time.

I remember when i was 11 or 12 and played football during a match and my leg went to hell. I broke it in the area of the ankle and had the plaster on for about 8 weeks i think (don't remember). Altho i can still feel a twitchy nerve or something from it, if you touch in a certain area i get this weird "electric impulse" lol.

Tomorrow: League cup final, really nice. I hope Villa grabs it.

Then later, will miss a bit of it, Hamburg - Bayern. It's nice that Eurosport airs Bundesliga. Hopefully Berg will play.

And when Bayern played Fiorentina some days ago, i almost lost my 25 i betted on the game lol. Thanks crap ref for saving my bet in the 87th min with an offside-goal hehe.

Yeah I feel sorry for Ramsey, he'll be out for around 8 months at least (or so I've heard), but there was clearly no intention from Shawcross and it affected him quite badly. It was nice to see the Stoke players comforting Ramsey too.

Also, good result for Liverpool (I was there :^_^: ) but with Tottenham and Man City winning too it's still a tough job to get 4th place.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Also, good result for Liverpool (I was there :^_^: ) but with Tottenham and Man City winning too it's still a tough job to get 4th place.

I think Liverpool will still finish 4th. They just got back Yossi and Torres and Johnson is set to make a comeback. Gotta thank Reina for keeping Liverpool even in the hunt for 4th place though. Wonder how many points behind they'd be without him.

^ I retract that statement...

FT: Wigan 1 Liverpool 0

Can't see how Liverpool can finish 4th without even getting a shot on target against a team Tottenham smashed 9 past...

Looking forward to the Champions League matches this week. Real look really good at the moment, better than Barca.

Right this isn't about professional football but:

Say you are playing a football game, you have recieved the ball facing away from goal but on the edge of the area, there is a man touchtight to you behind. The Rb a quarter of the way inside the half is calling for it as is the centre back, again a quarter of the way inside the half, but more central. Would you a.pass it to the cb or rb or b. turn your player and shoot.

Had this situation at football, my manager moaned for me turning the player, shooting and scoring, I don't see his logic.

Right this isn't about professional football but:

Say you are playing a football game, you have recieved the ball facing away from goal but on the edge of the area, there is a man touchtight to you behind. The Rb a quarter of the way inside the half is calling for it as is the centre back, again a quarter of the way inside the half, but more central. Would you a.pass it to the cb or rb or b. turn your player and shoot.

Had this situation at football, my manager moaned for me turning the player, shooting and scoring, I don't see his logic.

Well it depends on how good you are at shooting from distance. Some people have a gift for it and some don't. Personally, I would have played in the right back and stretched the opposition a bit. Not everyone can shoot at range but sometimes you can get lucky.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Real Madrid... All those euros last year and they are thrown out again for the 6th consecutive year.

Pellegrini, if his sacked, it's a joke. A bunch of new players, new coach... Takes a bit of time to build. I don't follow Real too much, but his done a great job... All those egos, all those new players... And they are first in La Liga. Not bad.

Birmingham - Everton, 2 - 2. It was a good match, but i think Everton could have won. Donovan did a great job during his spell. Anichebe's cracker was great.

Half hour until Chelsea - Inter... Hm, i hope Inter takes it but i think Chelsea will.

Liverpool 4-1 Portsmouth, we actually played well for once, though obviously we should be beating Portsmouth anyway. Great to see Aquilani get a goal though :thumbsup:

Inter beat Chelsea which I was a bit surprised at but not too much, what did surprise me though was CSKA Moscow beating Sevilla.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png