2011/12 Football Season

Phil

Watched 20min of Man City - Sporting now, and Sporting just scored 2-0. City have their a team, so no u18 kids running around. And yes, it's a friendly, but their whole defence is crap. I see better communication and tightness in my countries own league. Sporting are owning the whole pitch. And Viera looks tired after just 40min, his positioning is all out of place.

Joe Hart needs to scream a bit more to his defenders.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

With the amount of money City are throwing around, anything short of seriously challenging for the title is a failure imo.

I think they should be happy if they manage 4th place. I don't see them really being able to challange Chelsea, United and Arsenal (especially if they get a new keeper+defender). Milner wants to leave Villa, and their squad is already too small to effectively challange for 4th place. Tottenham, i don't think they'll manage 4th place again... If they qualify for CL they'll have alot of focus on it. I would say that City, Spurs and Pool will be challenging for 4th.

Championship will be very fun with Millwall and Leeds.

Tottenham, i don't think they'll manage 4th place again... If they qualify for CL they'll have alot of focus on it. I would say that City, Spurs and Pool will be challenging for 4th.

That's pretty much what I'm guessing will happen. However if City manage to 'click' 4th place is the least they can accomplish. Heh, I wonder how many of their players will be disgruntled and made available on the cheap by the January transfer window. Was hoping to see the likes of Steven Ireland at Liverpool. :razz:

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Just renewed my Leeds membership, and then i realise most of the teams in the championship are up north - and London games are impossible to get tickets to! :roll:

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok right, soon start of the PL. Lower leagues have already started.

I really hope that my sports channel which has the right to Championship/L1/L2 will straighten out their act. Last year they didn't air matches for weeks some times, then all the sudden 3 games in a week. It's parent channel is a clown channel, so you couldn't really demand much from them. But i mean for instance, during the spring i remember them showing some table-tennis match instead of a championship match... I mean, come on!!!

I really really wish i had Sky Sports.

I think Blackpool, WBA (yo-yo team) and Wigan will have to say goodbye after this season. I think that Wolves might surprise some people, they look really strong with some of their new signings.

Last year i said Chelsea would win, this year i'm saying ManU (i can't see Arsenal challenging unless goalie+central def are signed). Martin O'Neill quit Villa yesterday, and i think that if they are a bit unlucky, they'll finish outside EL place.

Oh well, summer soon ends, but football starts!

Chelsea's under alot of pressure, 4 consecutive defeats in a row, Im betting for Manchester United to win the double, Premier League and FA Cup.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

I think that on paper Chelsea should be clear favourites to take the title again, but Man U always seem to deliver and if they don't get too many injuries I think it will be closely fought between them and Chelsea. I'm quite interested to see how City do this season, with all the money they've splashed out on players (and good players at that) they should really be getting a Champion's League spot at the very least.

Yea, really surprised MON quit but apparently it's been coming. I think Chelsea will barely win the league. If not them it'll be Man U. I don't see any other team that can keep up with them till the end of the season. If Roy can bring out the best from Liverpool like he did with Fulham last few seasons I think he can finish 3rd. It won't be easy because of all the instability at the club and Spurs, Arsenal, and City have much more depth.

City with Balotelli now. Hah, their squad is really one "sympathetic squad".

Mourinho weren't able to straighten out his psyche so i don't really see Mancini being able to.

Everton starts against Rovers on their turf, and i haven't seen any massive improvement on their squad, so i'll say 2-0 to Everton.

And my [developmentally delayed]ed 2nd sports channel won't air Leyton Orient - Charlton on friday, instead they are airing a documentary from 2001, yey! I usually have to stream the lower leauge games, since they are clowns on that channel.

Interesting opening games for the new season. In particular:

Wigan 0-4 Blackpool, amazing first game for Blackpool, didn't see this result coming, Wigan were very poor.

Chelsea 6-0 West Bromwich Albion, was always looking like a Chelsea win but they got their 6 goal margin without even being at their best.

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal, Debut red cards for both Joe Cole and Laurent Koscielny, great finish by N'gog and an uncharacteristic error by Reina gave Arsenal the equalizer after a good defensive display by Liverpool, though I felt we weren't good enough in the first half, particularly offensively.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Reina gave Arsenal the winner

equalizer :razz:

Very entertaining match Spurs v Young Boys was. When they were 3-0 down I was thinking that was one year of hard work down the drain. With 2 away goals I expect Spurs to go through to the groups.

Oops haha, I'll change that :razz: And yes it was a great game, I think Spurs will got through now, though Young Boys could've had a few more goals and played very well at times.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

It pretty much was a win to escape from that with a draw... I can't see Liverpool making a dash for greatness this season But with Winston Reid joining West Ham, along with Chris Wood and WBA getting promoted gives me a couple of teams to follow this season, as well as Ryan Nelsen and Blackburn.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Starting with a loss is not great, altho last year against Arsenal was miles worse.

Beckford, well, i've only seen him a couple of times in Leeds and i thought he sometimes drifted away from the game and wondered where he was. Same thing against Blackburn, obviously there's a massive difference in the game and it's his first competetive game. If he starts more than he becomes a sub, i don't really know what to expect... 10 goals too much? Would be nice.

I don't like these 6-0 results too much, reminds me too much of the Spanish league when Barca/RM are playing any other team.

Fulham - Man U was quite a nice game. United didn't impress me. Good stuff from Hangeland, fitting that he got the header in.

I don't believe the penalty was a penalty, not intentional handball and no big movement with his arm. Evans was really really poor today, Vidic had to come and rescue the situation he were in a few times.

Everton starting home game was, hm... I don't know how to put it, less of a desirable result. Biliyaletinov (the Russian, can't bother to google his name) should have been subbed a lot earlier in my book. He missed a few great opertunities to score. But also, i don't know why some people tip Wolves to go out, i think they'll end in 15th. I'm surprised if they go.

If i had my way, i'd see Pienaar either sign a new deal or sell him. Should be able to get about 10£-ish mil for him which would do good, little over a week to go in the window.

Also, i noticed it still says 2009/10. I'll pm a mod and ask for it to be changed.

I don't like these 6-0 results too much, reminds me too much of the Spanish league when Barca/RM are playing any other team.

Fulham - Man U was quite a nice game. United didn't impress me. Good stuff from Hangeland, fitting that he got the header in.

I don't believe the penalty was a penalty, not intentional handball and no big movement with his arm. Evans was really really poor today, Vidic had to come and rescue the situation he were in a few times.

Everton starting home game was, hm... I don't know how to put it, less of a desirable result. Biliyaletinov (the Russian, can't bother to google his name) should have been subbed a lot earlier in my book. He missed a few great opertunities to score. But also, i don't know why some people tip Wolves to go out, i think they'll end in 15th. I'm surprised if they go.

If i had my way, i'd see Pienaar either sign a new deal or sell him. Should be able to get about 10£-ish mil for him which would do good, little over a week to go in the window.

Also, i noticed it still says 2009/10. I'll pm a mod and ask for it to be changed.

It now says 20010/11, apparently we've jumped 18000 years into the future.

I saw the last twenty minutes of the Man U game, and I have to say Fulham battled well. It's going to be difficult for them to replicate last season but I think Mark Hughes will do well there.

Fulham should have had a penalty too. I don't remember which Fulham player it was but remember Vidic tugging at the back of his kit and dragging him down when he was receiving the ball.

2 weeks in and Chelsea are the only team that has 6/6 points, not to mention the ridiculous +12 goal difference... And to think they were worried about their pre-season form. :razz:

Looking forward to the Liverpool v City game. Hope Torres finds his form (and not strain his hamstring).

EDIT: Wow, Liverpool were completely outplayed. Constantly out manned in the midfield. Apparently Macherano refused to play...