2011/12 Football Season

Phil

I watched FCK - Barcelona, 1-1.

They've got a real good chance of coming second in the group, Barcelona 1st 8pt, FCK 2nd 7pt, Rubin on 3pt and Panathinaikos 2pt.

I would like to see Wiland in the national team in these upcoming training fixtures instead of Isaksson.

Haven't decided if i should watch Shakhtar - Arsenal or Real - Milan tonight, i just feel that Real will win with 2 or 3 goals.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Heh, Hargo named for the Wolves match. I must be dreaming!

Great game between Bolton - Tottenham.

Now, let's hope for 3 points against Blackpool.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham.

Would have liked us to have pushed on for more in the 2nd half but can't complain too much, I thought Maxi, Meireles and Johnson were our best players. Poulsen wasn't too bad and even had a very good shot, but in truth West Ham were very poor.

This puts us 3 points off 4th now I think.

Also, Almeria 0-8 Barcelona :shock:

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Lol, Elmander being top scorer.

Maybe Wenger needs to threat with the old french favourite guillotine in future match talks.

Sunderland away on monday, very difficult. I'm not surprised if 'we' loose, but a point would be good.

• 2 weeks later...

What a crooked organization FIFA is. Russia and Qatar, hah....................................

If they wanted the best world cup experience, they would put in another country.

I had hoped for England 2018, but i can still understand it - a bit - that Russia was chosen, since they've got decent league teams and national one.

Qatar is all about money.

Both these bids, you just feel that it's not 100% heart that's voted, but the wallet.

The Middle East never had a World Cup before so I don't see why it's so bad regardless of why they got it. And out of the countries in the Middle East that could have hosted it Qatar is probably the safest and has the money to come through with their commitments. Sports-wise this is the biggest thing to ever have happened to Qatar/ME so I'm happy for them.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Both these bids, you just feel that it's not 100% heart that's voted, but the wallet.

I doubt it, FIFA has increasingly taken the stance that they want to grow the sport globally and that is why they have taken so many recent world cups to new host countries. The trend started in USA in 94 and has followed since with Japan/South Korea, South Africa and now the 2 new host nations. It fits in with their general schtick in recent years although I might be wrong in that.

Personally, I would have preferred Spain/Portugal over the other nominees - no other bid could offer not just one but two stadiums with a 90,000+ capacity. It could have easily become the highest attended world cup ever. They also have a great infrastructure already in place but that probably worked against them as it wouldn't fit in with all this legacy aims business. I had no real preference for the 2022 bid, USA hosted in 94 so to me that would have ruled them out and the same would apply to Japan and South Korea. That would have left only Qatar and the Aussies, I personally would have went Qatar in that case only because the vastness of Australia could cause a transportation headache

Interestingly, the guy who Panorama named as one of the corrupt officials, Issa Hayatou, is reportedly the only person who voted for England's bid (other than England's own delegate).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The media seems to have only just realised that FIFA is corrupt, quite funny really. I don't mind Russia getting 2018, although England clearly had the strongest bid, but Qutar 2022 is just a joke.

keen.png

Hm well, overall decent game this weekend by Everton. Poor first half, especially first 25.

The penalty wouldn't had been a penalty if it wasn't at SB. Good 2nd half, especially at the end. Beckford has missed a lot of chances this season, but at least he puts himself in opportunities. Would want to offload Saha by the end of the season.

With a bit of luck, if Rodwell header had gone in, we'd won.

And Mr.fat Ashley is a joke.

Sacking Hughton is ridiculous, he's done a great job at Newcastle. They've had a couple of bad results, but also a few great ones (Arsenal away win, 5-1 over Sunderland etc.), and are currently 11th I think. I don't know how much more he could've been expected to do with a newly-promoted side.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Fat man needed a guy with experience he said, and employs Pardew.

Managed some clubs, but not an impressive list if you are looking for an experienced manager. Someone like Martin O'Neill would been a good choice, sacking Hughton is ridicolous from the start, and replacing him with Pardew... I really don't see any sort of benefits.

Managed some clubs, but not an impressive list if you are looking for an experienced manager. Someone like Martin O'Neill would been a good choice, sacking Hughton is ridicolous from the start, and replacing him with Pardew... I really don't see any sort of benefits.

Don't try and find any logic behind the switch, this is Mike Ashley we're talking about. You'll only give yourself a headache. :razz:

Don't try and find any logic behind the switch, this is Mike Ashley we're talking about. You'll only give yourself a headache. :razz:

Truth of the day.