2011/12 Football Season

Phil

I just cant wait for the UEFA cup group stage draw...

I hope for the following group :pray:

Tottenham

Brugge

Rosenborg

Dinamo Zagreb

MSK Zilina

But seriously, this years european cups are very exciting with many small teams that manage to qualify, like BATE and Anorthosis

Heh you got Brugge. Will be inetersting to watch :P

I think it'll be either Milan or Ajax(for more outsiders) who will win it this year.

sig2ho7.jpg

I think the current Milan team are a bit past it and won't do much, they wern't great in Serie A or Champs League last year and have made an awful start in Serie A this year (they signed Senderos ffs :mrgreen: ). I kind of think the '07 Champions League was kind of a swan song for them.

I know Valencia wern't great in La Liga last year but they won the Copa del Rey showing they are good in cups and have made a great start this year.

I suppose most of the teams could win it really, there are still the Champs League dropouts to come too!

Oh, and on a side note, I found out today that my step-dad used to teach Fraizer Campbell in primary school...not much to that, but slightly interesting (to me). :mrgreen:

iteme3721.jpg

Shocking result for us today. 0-0 against Norway. We really should had it wrapped up when we had the chances. Don't think I will be able to watch Iwelumo's miss for a while. Really disappointed. :(

sig2ho7.jpg

Iwelumo's miss was so bad that I could have scored it...

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

He's going to get slated for that one in the papers. Worst I've seen in a long time. I think it was harder not to score.

Hope he's not put off by it though.

sig2ho7.jpg

He's going to get slated for that one in the papers. Worst I've seen in a long time. I think it was harder not to score.

Hope he's not put off by it though.

He was already a controversial choice before the game, Burley starting him was a gamble. They'll both get hammer tomorrow in the papers and rightfully so, Iwelumo is quite frankly inferior as an all round player to Steven Fletcher and Burley had the natural finisher Kris Boyd on the bench - both of which I would have played before Iwelumo. If we miss a playoff place by 2 points we'll look back at that miss with even more horror than we see now.

He made Van Vossen's for Rangers miss back in the day look difficult.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Watching the highlights of that, it also seems like Burley didn't really make a plan on how to deal with John Carew, he was making the defence look so bad.

Wembly crowd such mongs too btw. :(

Also Gerrard should not be allowed near an England shirt until he realises he can't play the same role he does for Liverpool and has to adapt when he playes for England, he was shocking again yesterday.

iteme3721.jpg

Great, Boyd just confirmed he won't play for Scotland again while Burley is in charge.

wild_bunch.gif

Great, Boyd just confirmed he won't play for Scotland again while Burley is in charge.

I'm really disappointed in Boyd. Just when we need all the players fighting for goals and wins he quits.

sig2ho7.jpg

God Israel sucks :( Our goalkeeper doesn't even have a team! Still, we're second after greece \' Even though our games are like... BORING.

I lol'd at the article (Israeli website) which said the Kazhakstanians[sp?] watched 'Borat' like 5 times before a game and that they wanted him to sing the anthem :wall:

Both scotland and norway got unlucky, i'd rather have a 2-2 draw sake of some goals to watch atleast

About rosenborg: Brugge will be interesting

Also a rematch against valencia, beating them not once, not twice, but three times would be kinda sick

FC Copenhagen: God i cant stand the danes... they always brag about their team is soooo much better than us...

But have an eye on rosenborg this european season, could be some great matches to follow

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

Palace are doing okay at the moment. 7 points from the last 9 after a poor start. Things are looking up for us, Kuqi seems to want to get of his arse, Wiggins is fit again and played well for Wales U21 vs England U21 (hopefully he'll get his chance in our team soon!), Lawrence is injured which in a weird roundabout way is a good thing, Ifil is not injured which is weird as 90% of the time he is injured, Speroni is on the form of his life(and has been the last 6 months) Long may it continue and hopefully end in a call up to the Argentina squad, Warnock is playing Fonte at last!(coincindence we haven't lost for a while? or not...), Moses is showing his potential and some of the youngsters are looking to estabblish themselves.

All is looking good other than not owning the ground, a owner who wants to sell, low crowds and £10m of debt...

What happened with Palace sueing Tottenham for stealing that kid?

Leeds not looking too bad, not overly bothered about losing to Rotherham in the paint tin cup and we got a result in the league at the weekend. I am worried though about all the Premiership teams coming in for Delph, he has become pretty vital to us. If he did leave however, I would rather he go to a footballing side where he would excel - he has been linked with Stoke and Bolton ffs! All he would get at those teams is a career of neck injuries watching the ball fly over his head!

iteme3721.jpg

Sour loss for Belgium against Spain, we scored first, around the seventh minute, Iniesta scored in the thirty-sixth. Both teams had their chances, and then Villa scored in the 88th minute :(

Spain had all the posession, but couldn't fully capitalize on it. Belgium's defense was compact, and the Spaniards couldn't dominate the match.

All in all, we should be proud that we played so well, but the loss is quite the letdown.

What happened with Palace sueing Tottenham for stealing that kid?

Leeds not looking too bad, not overly bothered about losing to Rotherham in the paint tin cup and we got a result in the league at the weekend. I am worried though about all the Premiership teams coming in for Delph, he has become pretty vital to us. If he did leave however, I would rather he go to a footballing side where he would excel - he has been linked with Stoke and Bolton ffs! All he would get at those teams is a career of neck injuries watching the ball fly over his head!

Not got news about John Bostock, got 700k upfront, 15% of future transfer fees, 500k if he plays for england and some other clauses.

I do not think it was John's fault for him going to the Spuds, he was led astray by a whole host of people. I spoke to his agent through email and it seemed not long after his birthday they parted company because John's dad wanted to represent him. His agent wanted him to stay at Palace for a couple of seasons but he hinted about money...

His brother who I also spoke to(although on a messageboard, but it was him, he proved it) was dissapointed in him, he thought that John was doing a stupid thing too! :(

Time and time again clubs like ours get screwed over by teams like Spurs.

Leeds still do have a good team, I'm sure they'll get promoted this year,plenty of depth compared to other teams and some awesome players.

Sour loss for Belgium against Spain, we scored first, around the seventh minute, Iniesta scored in the thirty-sixth. Both teams had their chances, and then Villa scored in the 88th minute :(

Spain had all the posession, but couldn't fully capitalize on it. Belgium's defense was compact, and the Spaniards couldn't dominate the match.

All in all, we should be proud that we played so well, but the loss is quite the letdown.

belgium atleast deserved 1 point <3:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Here's the highlights from a great game against Spain, Sonck scores yet again, 5 goals in 4 matches now, breaking the 715 minute clean sheet streak from Spain. It's too bad we lost, but what a match! And I'm sure no one that watched the game will now think Belgium is the same [cabbage]e team we were a year ago. What a wonderful progress!

Despite the unfortunate loss, it's still a good day for our qualifications, as our n°1 competitor for the 2nd place, Turkey drew against Estonia, shoulda been a walkover.

Here's the highlights of the Belgium-Spain match, more than worth watching it for the fabulous and spectacular football both teams brought:

Dangerous Chance Missed by Villa 44

Click Here for Video

First Half Highlights : Belguim 1 - 1 Spain

Click Here for Video

Wonderful Shot by Iniesta over the Goal 48

Click Here for Video

Two Chances for Belguim 51 & 53 But Poyol Wonderfully saves the Goal 51

Click Here for Video

Villa finishes it off :(

Click Here for Video

edit: I just heard the 2-1 goal from Fellaini was NOT offside! Damn it, if we would've been ahead 2-1 that moment, we may have possibly (likely actually) taken home 3 points against the team that has dominated all others for 23 games in a row.

Here's a (brief) summary of the game: http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza.be/voetb ... a_verslag# Click 'wedstrijdverslag' on the right for the movie to load.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Results have gone well for Scotland. We weren't playing tonight but Iceland beat Macedonia and Netherlands beat Norway. Means Scotland are still in 2nd place. We just need to make sure we stay there and gain enough points for a play off place. Winning the group is out of reach I think.

sig2ho7.jpg

Arsenal have been ding brilliant so far! \' \' Premiership win....I can feel it!

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Arsenal have been ding brilliant so far! \' \' Premiership win....I can feel it!

Too inconsistent this year I think. Beating team 6-0 one week and dropping points to Hull and Sunderland the next.

sig2ho7.jpg