2011/12 Football Season

Phil

I'm waiting for someone to think this is American Football and post something stupid on here :lol:

I just wanted somewhere to discuss the games this season and football in general. Searched and found nowhere suitable but please link me if it's hiding somewhere.

And to stop some Americans from having to read further, yes this is about soccer.

I think Phil's OP deterred the majority of those people. 8-)

iteme3721.jpg

Standard Liège, Belgium's best club, lost yesterday, which means Club Brugge can expand their lead to 3 points this weekend :) They're doing pretty well, in both the Belgian Jupiler League, as well as in European football. Barça is doing phenomenal, and the Belgium squad is getting on a roll. Right now, I can't wish for anything more in football. Now if Obama also gets elected, the world will be a better place :D

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Bah!

so soon do liverpool top the leguse when the next week they lose and go joint top agian. Bad time to play Spurs to be honest after a new manager and they have a boast. Ifthey had played the old side they would of won no doubt.

I think we can almost already count arsenal out of the title race :roll:

My IQ is 146 - Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

darthnixon16.png

Arsenal are falling apart. I honestly think Arsene might walk. He's not being given the money because of the cost of the new stadium.

Ronaldo's enjoying his football again. That's good to see. Daniel Cousin? Not so good.

I can't believe people are honestly whining about the refereeing in the WBA vs Blackburn game. It was clearly a penalty, and McCarthy was just plain stupid to use his arms like that after being booked. Neither of those two managers can have any complaints, both decisions were textbook.

Another good day!

Man Utd won, they should have finished Hull off but they went to sleep, credit to Hull who never gave up though. Good to see Liverpool and Arsenal losing too.

St Johnstone won again and Queen of the South lost so that mean we are now top of the league. Our squad is looking strong now which is always a good thing.

sig2ho7.jpg

I like Gerrard as a player but I've been saying that for a while, he's not above diving when it suits him. That is what makes me laugh at the whole English mantra of "those diving foreigners", Gerrard and Michael Owen are two of the worst for it, hypocrisy.

That being said, we Scots aren't above diving either, it's just that we're no good at it and hypocritically, I would not complain one but if we cheated to get to the world cup. Also hypocritically, we all quite enjoy that Maradona scored the hand of god goal against England - he'll get as many cheers from the Tartan Army as he will from his own supporters when Argentina come to Hampden.

In short, I am a hypocrite. ;)

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Standard just beat Sevilla 1-0; a more realistic score would have been 4-1, there were that many good chances.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

United didn't play badly either (except Neville). Sometimes you just have to accept it's not your day.

Can someone explain to me what Carrick got booked for though? Coming within 2 feet of the goalkeeper, perhaps? :roll:

Still only 5 points behind Liverpool and Chelsea with the Christmas fixtures to come. If you count a win against Fulham, we're still ahead of Arsenal too.

• 5 months later...

Been too long since posting in this thread. How's everyone's teams doing as we get to the end of season.

St Johnstone won on Saturday so won the 1st division. We will be playing in the SPL next year, not happened in 7 years. About time I think. Just amazing, I thought it was never gonna happen. :mrgreen:

sig2ho7.jpg

Leeds going up through play-offs. :thumbup: 8-)

Hoping Barcodes and Hull go down from EPL, Hull because all their fans are bandwagon jumpers that came along because they got promoted and also Phil Brown is a [bleep] of the highest order, and Newcastle because they do my head in with al this "best fans in the country" bollocks and will be a good game for Leeds next year. Not really arsed if Mackems or 'boro go down either though.

What happened to ginger warrior? just seen a post of his on here and realised he has dissapeared

iteme3721.jpg

Everton is doing good :thumbup:

I really look forward to the FA Cup final, would be so great if Everton won! The match against Man Utd was so awesome, hehe.

I think Man Utd will win the premiership, but it would be cool if Liverpool could win.

And, i'm not too surprised that Villa has been doing quite bad the last few weeks (ok, they won 1-0 yesterday against Hull... But anyways), they haven't rotated their squad very much... But still, they've really done a great season.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

The Premiership is getting interesting now, position 16-19 is all very close and all teams in their last 4 games are pretty much the same, 1 of the top 4 teams and then mediocre teams for the other games, relegation could go to anyone.

I think United will pull through considering they've a game in hand and are 3 points ahead. Then again with 4 games to go and a 3 point lead there is potential for it to all go arse-ways.

Tonight though.......this could be a great game. My guess is something like 1-1 or potentially 2-1 to either team, meaning Man Utd will get through.

Anyone seen Madrid - Barca? What a match.

Only saw the goals, but it was truly awesome dislplay from Barca. However I do think it speaks volumes about the strength of the English game that an English team can hold Barca at the Camp Nou and then they can go smash 6 past their fiercest rivals and nearest domestic compretitors. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Barcelona went to Stamford Bridge and did a job.

Will likely miss most of the Arsenal - Man Utd game tonight but hoping for an Arsenal win, an Arsenal - Barca final would be :thumbsup:

iteme3721.jpg

There's one good thing about me having the flu...It means that I can see Arsenal - Manchester tonight.

Go Arsenal!

Barcelona - Manchester wouldn't be a bad final either.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

All i will say is 2 years in a row for Posh :thumbsup: I doubt we can go up for a third year though, but i said thought that last year too.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Loved Leeds v Pboro this year - "Your dads a [bleep], and so are you" :D

think im in tonight now so will watch the match. 8-)

think any of the finals will be decent really. Arsenal Barca was brilliant in 06 and last years was also really good. Just don't really want Man Utd or Chelsea winning it. :(

iteme3721.jpg