~next new skill debate~

magesorder

Okay so as you all know runescape comes out with new skills every now and then like constrction and summoning, but with the high variety of different skills types alredy taken which are left? So pretty much debate on want you predict will be the next new skill, and dont say so thing like cat murder skill LOL :- D well any way one of my most crucial ideas is possibly something like engennering since possibly make handy tools and maybe old timish guns or vehicles like coal powered or something I also thought about maybe like enchanting wouldn't it be cool to like have a whip that can like poison or a inferno daze that not only catches logs on fire, but also people E;-O

mages_order.png

Goal 99 Fire making really soon right now 93/99

Either Archeology or Sailing. I'd prefer Sailing because it doesn't seem nearly as boring, but we got a huge thread on Arch. in Suggestions so I don't like where things are heading so far. :|

knowledge....

piracy(after sailing) \'

In extreme cases like the Falador massacre they would have good reason to ban players, but they have to keep in mind that sometimes when people get golden opportunities like that, it's hard to resist. (free party hats, who would say no?)

f_WarofGlorySm_afc7bae.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

The next skill will either be Archeology, or Sailing. The topic on archeologiy is excellent and very well thought out. Sailing would also be a good addition. I wouldn't be surprized if JaGex is working on Archeology right now ;)

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I don't understand what the point of sailing would be.

Sure, they could tie it in with Crafting and Construction, and you could make your own boat. The higher your level, the bigger the boat, and you could eventually put furniture into the Captain's quarters, etc..

But what would the point be? To sail around? That's essentially all you could do. I think the coolest bit of it would be that you could transport yourself to whatever land you wanted. But I see that being the end of the skill... I envision people just... aimlessly sailing around for hours and hours...

Hm... but everyone seems so keen on it! Curious.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

No doubt, the next skill should be Business or something to do with that, I was thinking maybe like you could have your own range of shops. Just a 5 min think lawl. :-#

bad_man571.png

If I ain't a skiller does that make me a non-skiller? IF you can answer this question send me a pm.

{Baby Boomer of RS} (Was in the RS Classic Era)

Out of retirement xD xD

OGRE KILL COUNT: 28945 w00t.

http://www.youtube.com <---- OMG the best site like you probably haven't heard of it LAWL!!

Currently online on: Bad Man571, doing something lawl. World 100, add me and say hello. Killing Chaos Druids in Edgy Dungeon =)

I don't understand what the point of sailing would be.

Sure, they could tie it in with Crafting and Construction, and you could make your own boat. The higher your level, the bigger the boat, and you could eventually put furniture into the Captain's quarters, etc..

But what would the point be? To sail around? That's essentially all you could do. I think the coolest bit of it would be that you could transport yourself to whatever land you wanted. But I see that being the end of the skill... I envision people just... aimlessly sailing around for hours and hours...

Hm... but everyone seems so keen on it! Curious.

ship fights

addy and rune dragons, new places to cut wood mine ect

they would make it worthwhile

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Necromancy...? Why not make the Ancient Spellbook or Lunar Spellbook different skils from magic! If you guys want necromancy, I think Jagex should put it as an addition to Summoning. Because, in essence, that's what necromancy is: summoning. :wall:

I don't think Jagex should make more skills, but instead update old ones. Engineering for example; an engineer can make little traps to be used in PvP or throw-able explotion potions...That could be added as part of the crafting skill rather than a brand new skill engineering.

And sailing...? It's called Port Sarlim, Catherby, Ardougne, and Port P. They have ships there.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Necromancy...? Why not make the Ancient Spellbook or Lunar Spellbook different skils from magic! If you guys want necromancy, I think Jagex should put it as an addition to Summoning. Because, in essence, that's what necromancy is: summoning. :wall:

I didn't mean to imply that Necromancy should be a brand new skill in itself. Even if it was just an update or expansion of the Summoning skill, I definently think it would be awesome (summoning your own Skeletons and Zombies, and maybe eventually being able to resurrect fallen comrades.)

In response to sup3rpur's post, I personally don't think that naval battles would be a cool update. RuneScape has a... how to put it... era-less feel to it? You can't point at it and say that's pre-1800's, or whatever. It leaves it up for interpretation as to what time-period the game is in. If they added naval battles, I think it would just weaken the game, and make it seem like any other game out there (aka, Civilization, etc.)

Just my thoughts... apparently everyone is keen on Sailing :/

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Maybe with sailing the higher level you are the more islands you could go to. Like for example you could go to an island with pretty good training spots for woodcutting at 70. Maybe with 99 you could go to a new mainland with new slayer monsters and stuff. There's a lot of potential.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Archeaology and Sailing would both be completely new skills in RuneScape; not similar to any of the current skills. I'll write a bit about what I think about the two skills.

Sailing might be waved away by JAGeX just like the suggestion for horses was. Hopefully it wont be, and we might end up with a skill where you can build and buy your own ship and explore new locations (not just blow thousands of gold pieces on buying boats and such). I think it'd be fun because it could also open up a new minigame, where like in the post SerpentEye wrote before, you could hold clan ship wars. Sailing definitely has potential as a new skill in RuneScape.

Archeaology definitely would be fun, giving a bit more use to the Dig Site. It might have a quest where you start the skill off that involes the Dig Site and gives a few starting levels. As for what you could do, that'd be up to JAGeX, but there's a pretty good idea of what it might involve in the Archeaology Suggestion thread. I think this might come first as for what JAGeX makes a part of the game.

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Archeaology and Sailing would both be completely new skills in RuneScape; not similar to any of the current skills. I'll write a bit about what I think about the two skills.

Sailing might be waved away by JAGeX just like the suggestion for horses was. Hopefully it wont be, and we might end up with a skill where you can build and buy your own ship and explore new locations (not just blow thousands of gold pieces on buying boats and such). I think it'd be fun because it could also open up a new minigame, where like in the post SerpentEye wrote before, you could hold clan ship wars. Sailing definitely has potential as a new skill in RuneScape.

Archeaology definitely would be fun, giving a bit more use to the Dig Site. It might have a quest where you start the skill off that involes the Dig Site and gives a few starting levels. As for what you could do, that'd be up to JAGeX, but there's a pretty good idea of what it might involve in the Archeaology Suggestion thread. I think this might come first as for what JAGeX makes a part of the game.

Both of these would be sweet. I just think sailing will be more likely as it appeared in the high scores for about 5 minutes and there have been other hints at it :)

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

I think archeology because of the thread we have on it. If they made sailing they'd have to do major updates to make it interesting. Trawler fishing in your own boat or something like that.

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire