Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Now, firstly, in today's RS world, people go for total levels or total experience. What you see Compfreak, is 110k melee experience. What a Slayer sees is 60k Melee experience + 20k Slayer experience (I know they are 2 different skills and experience goes to 2 different areas. I am just explaining the mindset of an avid slayer) = 90k experience. In his eyes, this 90k experience is anyday better because -

a) He has chances of making money (not possible for Zombie monkies)

B) He raises 3 skills at a time. Did I forget to mention, in RS, skills are what gets you respect?

a) Sorry, my methods have been updated - Armored Zombies is the new Zombie monkies, the difference is that Armored Zombies get charms + 190k profit :P

Slayer, with 60k melee XP, is only 15k slayer XP (melee XP/4), but the whole respect thing is different - you may be training more skills, but your training them almost half as slowly. So I'll be maxed while your combat skills are still 92-93; I could go on and max out other, more 'respected' skills in the spare time I have.

Oi! You missed a portion of my former post. :evil:

Anyway, I know you can train those skills a lot faster than Slayer and get a few more respectable skills up in the process. However, I'm 100% sure, there will come a point in your RS life, where you will actually want to train Slayer. Maybe because its your lowest skill, maybe because of a new quest/minigame, maybe because of a new monster. At that point, you'll have regretted not combining your melee skills with slayer. Of course, it's slower... but it isn't monotonous. Which I feel counts a lot. Grinding/Powertraining may be fun for a short while (for me atleast), only exception is Ice bursting/Chinning as you hardly get a chance to watch xp speed up ;), on other power training methods, I get bored easily. And hey, I don't think playing RS should get you bored. Atleast, thats not the point of a game.

Also, as above people (and me) mentioned, at higher levels and with a proper ban list, you'll receive good tasks mostly.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj :)

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so my friend took me to the zombies. So i could see the bs you all were talking about. lolz. Using piety and all, and praying and whatnot, i can honestly say it is good fast exp. Sadly, after two hours, we only made 236k. Not to mention the boringness of it.

Idk about you, but i'd have rather slayed for two hours and more than likely made more money. I wont put in a certain assignment because you say you can't compare just 1, and yet you're puting the whole skill up to just 1 monster. Imo, that's not fair at all. But truthfully, usually slayer has better rewards than the two hours spent on frikkin zombies, is more fun, and always has that potential of a rare slayer drop.

Overall, comparing slayer to your zombies, slayer comes out on top(when averaged), in profit, over the zombies. Apart from that, the exp rates differ w/ each slayer assign. Like i previously mentions, fire giants(just one of the admittedly many) would give better exp, has very little to no need for prayer or cannons, is just as fast, has much better drops than zombies, as as so, is a great example of a slayer task that would overdo the zombies, seeing as you get the same melee exp if not more, and then you add the slayer exp.

I will mention this again because it seems some of you are not understanding this. Using duradel, there are really only 3 tasks i would deem "worse exp or drops than zombies." Thats kalphites, steels and miths. This actually varies for different slayers. point is, you can perm cancel THREE tasks ffs, that right there makes slayer even a whole whole lot better. And the tasks that are worse than zombies you can cancel easily. That just about settles it. After perming the worst 3, it's fair to say slayer beats zombies. :thumbsup:

Add the "fun" element, and you have yourself an awardwinning skill, even at low levels, and even more so at higher levels. Do you see the screenies of people killing spirituals(any cmbt style) and abby dems? Thats just crazy profit, not fit to even be compared to zombie monkeys. But hey, you brought it up. :lol: \'

Look, you can stop talking about what 'crazy' money demons are (actually, they're weak compared to green dragons). It does not matter what you get on a task. What does matter is the AVERAGE - and your arguing from a slayer level of 72, with melee stats in the low 80s. Obviously your not getting precisely what I am at armored zombies, nor are you doing anything resembling testing! You can't go there for 2 hours and then trumpet your XP rates as final, it requires literally dozens of hours to even attempt to get an accurate number. It's the averages that count - and mine are carefully calculated using literally hundreds of hours of testing by me, ydraisel, Zarfot, and Qeltar. Your one person with mid 80s stats and 72 slayer trying to argue about tasks that you won't even be getting in the next dozen levels! I respect your opinion, but there is a difference between opinions and facts.

I'm not trying to argue about how fun slayer is. It's one of my favorite skills, and it's made me millions. What I AM arguing is that it is crappy XP. This is not an opinionated debate. It does not matter how fun you find it or how much you hate grinding blah blah blah. What matters is the cold hard XP rates - and unless you can show me some REAL testing to prove mine wrong, I'll take the numbers of myself and 3 other maxed, experienced players over a level 110 who's tried it for 2 hours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

That really was just unnecessary. -.- If you payed attention, you'd realize I said a friend took me, it was on his acc, and he's no low level, and has 90 slayer for that matter. Look him up if you want, hell add him and ask him, though he's not on ATM, he'll tell you. No need to try to flame my skills in your own frustration in not being 100% correct. EDIT:Sorry about that, his name's babydoll1352...idk how i forgot to put that in. lolz #-o

Bad

What you're saying is that slayer is bad money, and bad exp. And zombies are great exp, great money.

Thats point blank wrong. period.

The truth, and what you prolly should have said is that zombies are great exp, and good money, while slayer is great money, and good exp.

Also, saying that at higher levels using the system that's set up, and perming certain tasks, you can avoid everything that isn't worth your time. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Unfortunately, it's a useless 'waste' skill, only trained for the sake of total levels\XP.

It's one of my favorite skills, and it's made me millions.

:o Hmm, that's quite wierd. :wall: :shame:

What I AM arguing is that it is crappy XP.

You also said it was crappy money too. Totally not true, as you stated yourself. lolz. And the crappy XP is only some tasks so it can't represent the whole skill. Like all skills there are good and bad portions, averaged out, slayer still comes out as very good.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

That really was just unnecessary. -.- If you payed attention, you'd realize I said a friend took me, it was on his acc, and he's no low level, and has 90 slayer for that matter. Look him up if you want, hell add him and ask him, though he's not on ATM, he'll tell you. No need to try to flame my skills in your own frustration in not being 100% correct. EDIT:Sorry about that, his name's babydoll1352...idk how i forgot to put that in. lolz #-o

Bad

What you're saying is that slayer is bad money, and bad exp. And zombies are great exp, great money.

The truth, and what you prolly should have said is that zombies are great exp, and good money, while slayer is great money, and good exp.

Also, saying that at higher levels using the system that's set up, and perming certain tasks, you can avoid everything that isn't worth your time. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Honestly you should test your rates yourself other then taking biased rates from a friend.

Compfreak probably spent hours testing this. Maybe one task of Fire Giants you get more profit then Zombies but averaging out you will get less money and xp. Have you or your friend even been to Armoured Zombies?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Bad

Honestly you should test your rates yourself other then taking biased rates from a friend.

Compfreak probably spent hours testing this. Maybe one task of Fire Giants you get more profit then Zombies but averaging out you will get less money and xp. Have you or your friend even been to Armoured Zombies?

-.- -.- -.- :wall: That was the whole point. that me and my friend went. I had never been, and so he took me on his acc. From that, i can say it's good exp, but still the drops are bad, period, and the profit is really just not worth it. Slayer on the other hand, may not ALWAYS be great exp, but usually is ok/good exp, and great profit. Compfreak himself said it's made him millions. I can get a few black mask drops in a few hours, @least 1 per hour at horrors. He keeps talking about averages, on average, from what i've heard, and my little experiences, slayer is a profit, plus u don't always need a cannon or piety to get good fast kills. I hate restating things, but when talking on average, it's only fair to count the fact that you can perm 3 tasks, and usually cancel other "sorta bad" tasks. Read Lord_Shalaj's post a few posts up on this page. He also sum's it up pretty well. NO counterarguements have been made to this, just that slayer sucks. no more "facts" as you put them to counter these facts me and Lord_Shalaj made. Although you did go as far as to bag my stats, but hey...that's whatevs

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Ok, so my friend took me to the zombies. So i could see the bs you all were talking about. lolz. Using piety and all, and praying and whatnot, i can honestly say it is good fast exp. Sadly, after two hours, we only made 236k. Not to mention the boringness of it.

Idk about you, but i'd have rather slayed for two hours and more than likely made more money. I wont put in a certain assignment because you say you can't compare just 1, and yet you're puting the whole skill up to just 1 monster. Imo, that's not fair at all. But truthfully, usually slayer has better rewards than the two hours spent on frikkin zombies, is more fun, and always has that potential of a rare slayer drop.

Overall, comparing slayer to your zombies, slayer comes out on top(when averaged), in profit, over the zombies. Apart from that, the exp rates differ w/ each slayer assign. Like i previously mentions, fire giants(just one of the admittedly many) would give better exp, has very little to no need for prayer or cannons, is just as fast, has much better drops than zombies, as as so, is a great example of a slayer task that would overdo the zombies, seeing as you get the same melee exp if not more, and then you add the slayer exp.

I will mention this again because it seems some of you are not understanding this. Using duradel, there are really only 3 tasks i would deem "worse exp or drops than zombies." Thats kalphites, steels and miths. This actually varies for different slayers. point is, you can perm cancel THREE tasks ffs, that right there makes slayer even a whole whole lot better. And the tasks that are worse than zombies you can cancel easily. That just about settles it. After perming the worst 3, it's fair to say slayer beats zombies. :thumbsup:

Add the "fun" element, and you have yourself an awardwinning skill, even at low levels, and even more so at higher levels. Do you see the screenies of people killing spirituals(any cmbt style) and abby dems? Thats just crazy profit, not fit to even be compared to zombie monkeys. But hey, you brought it up. :lol: \'

Look, you can stop talking about what 'crazy' money demons are (actually, they're weak compared to green dragons). It does not matter what you get on a task. What does matter is the AVERAGE - and your arguing from a slayer level of 72, with melee stats in the low 80s. Obviously your not getting precisely what I am at armored zombies, nor are you doing anything resembling testing! You can't go there for 2 hours and then trumpet your XP rates as final, it requires literally dozens of hours to even attempt to get an accurate number. It's the averages that count - and mine are carefully calculated using literally hundreds of hours of testing by me, ydraisel, Zarfot, and Qeltar. Your one person with mid 80s stats and 72 slayer trying to argue about tasks that you won't even be getting in the next dozen levels! I respect your opinion, but there is a difference between opinions and facts.

I'm not trying to argue about how fun slayer is. It's one of my favorite skills, and it's made me millions. What I AM arguing is that it is crappy XP. This is not an opinionated debate. It does not matter how fun you find it or how much you hate grinding blah blah blah. What matters is the cold hard XP rates - and unless you can show me some REAL testing to prove mine wrong, I'll take the numbers of myself and 3 other maxed, experienced players over a level 110 who's tried it for 2 hours.

Actually Abyssal Demons are better money than Green Dragons. Green Dragons are about 400k per hour and you therefore need to kill them for 3 or 4 hours to make up what 1 Whip gets you. However, in 3 or 4 hours time at Abyssals you will ALWAYS get Rune items and very possibly a Whip in that amount of time. My best in 3 hours is a Whip and about 400k in Rune items which is about 1.8M, that's almost 5 hours of Green Dragons. Only once did I get 2 Whips in that amount of time.

Actually Abyssal Demons are better money than Green Dragons. Green Dragons are about 400k per hour and you therefore need to kill them for 3 or 4 hours to make up what 1 Whip gets you. However, in 3 or 4 hours time at Abyssals you will ALWAYS get Rune items and very possibly a Whip in that amount of time. My best in 3 hours is a Whip and about 400k in Rune items which is about 1.8M, that's almost 5 hours of Green Dragons. Only once did I get 2 Whips in that amount of time.

Slayer dosen't always give Abyssal Demon tasks though. Thats his main point. You cant base ALL of you rates on fire giants or Abyssal Demons.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

[hide=]

Slayer dosen't always give Abyssal Demon tasks though. Thats his main point. You cant base ALL of you rates on fire giants or Abyssal Demons.

[/hide]

Well duh, agreed. But on that same note, slayer doesn't alwayz give you horrible tasks such as kalphites, or miths or steels, or wyverns and such. And even if you do have bad luck and get those tasks, again you can cancel or perm them. What's not clear about that?? Because after that, tasks are great money makers and are very easy, fast, and good exp.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

Well duh, agreed. But on that same note, slayer doesn't alwayz give you horrible tasks such as kalphites, or miths or steels, or wyverns and such. And even if you do have bad luck and get those tasks, again you can cancel or perm them. What's not clear about that?? Because after that, tasks are great money makers and are very easy, fast, and good exp.

Canceling a task wastes ~60k The rates still dont compare to zombies.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

What do you mean wastes about 60k?? how?

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

35 slayer points is enough for 250 deaths and 1000 minds which is 65kish

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

35 slayer points is enough for 250 deaths and 1000 minds which is 65kish

OHH!! lolz, i see where you're going with that.

That's something else you brought up on the use of slayer for profits...buying runes with you're points. after perming 3, which is a lot of points gone and wasted, you can usually fly through the tasks fast enough to make the 300 points back easy. It's kinda like an investment. You waste money on summoning so you can use the war tortoise to carry more items when you go places like GWD. So spending isnt a waste, its more or less an investment.

OT: lolz, ran out of quotes allowed so i deleted unneeded quotes.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Here's an idea: Stop Being Dense.

Slayer is FAR worse XP and money then Armored Zombies. Therefore, the XP and money suck. It's a fun skill; that's why I enjoy it.

Here's the numbers again, for your benefit:

Slayer: 65k XP, 90k profit

Zombies: 103k XP, 190k profit

Both of those numbers are correct. Therefore, Armored Zombies both earn more AND get more XP then slayer. Simple enough?

In regards to testing, I have at least 600 hours of controlled testing under my belt. You have 'a friend' who 'tried it for 2 hours'.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Slayer is FAR worse XP and money then Armored Zombies. Therefore, the XP and money suck. It's a fun skill; that's why I enjoy it.

Both of those numbers are correct. Therefore, Armored Zombies both earn more AND get more XP then slayer. Simple enough?

In regards to testing, I have at least 600 hours of controlled testing under my belt. You have 'a friend' who 'tried it for 2 hours'.

Again, i still don't know how you got your 90k profit number?? ffs, what tasks did you have that you tested this with? I know people who get nothing but good easy tasks with great profit. Maybe you're the one doing something wrong? because it seems to me most people seem to make more money offa slayer than you...

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Again, i still don't know how you got your 90k profit number?? ffs, what tasks did you have that you tested this with? I know people who get nothing but good easy tasks with great profit. Maybe you're the one doing something wrong? because it seems to me most people seem to make more money offa slayer than you...

I tested each task around 25 times when all numbers are included. I'm assuming your cannoning and using piety prayer for maximum XP when your doing your testing? How many hours have you and you anonymous friend tested this?

DeviledEgg24.png

You could look further back in the thread for hundreds of pages of debate about the numbers. I skimmed over that part m'self because frankly I thought it was boring, but hey, you asked.

I tested each task around 25 times when all numbers are included. I'm assuming your cannoning and using piety prayer for maximum XP when your doing your testing? How many hours have you and you anonymous friend tested this?

Ok, i see the problem i think, to be honest, canonning only speed things up a little no matter what task. It's really not much faster. It's almost alwayz a waste of money, only good on sure tasks like blue drags and such. And then, it is a profit of more than your 90. If you must know, I trained another acc to 75 slayer, and as you know, i hav an account atm(mines \' ) with 72 slayer...and counting for that matter...soon enough.

I'm sorry i don't have 600 hours of slaying under my belt lolz, but still, facts of the matter are just that.

Honestly, i wonder who a jagex mod would agree with, me or you...idk tbh, but still, wondering.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Ok, i see the problem i think, to be honest, canonning only speed things up a little no matter what task. It's really not much faster. It's almost alwayz a waste of money, only good on sure tasks like blue drags and such. And then, it is a profit of more than your 90. If you must know, I trained another acc to 75 slayer, and as you know, i hav an account atm(mines \' ) with 72 slayer...and counting for that matter...soon enough.

I'm sorry i don't have 600 hours of slaying under my belt lolz, but still, facts of the matter are just that.

Honestly, i wonder who a jagex mod would agree with, me or you...idk tbh, but still, wondering.

Ok, less sum this up:

Me: (160 hours) + ydrasil (170 hours) + Zarfot (Rank 42 slayer, Rank 26 overall, 1,800 hours) + Qeltar (450 hours) = 2,580 hours of slayer XP

You: 50 hours of slayer XP, 2 hours of "a friend" testing.

Never mind that we have 52 times the experience of you. Never mind that you DON'T EVEN HAVE THE STATS TO ACHIEVE OUR XP RATES. Never mind that you can't even GO to the tasks we're arguing about. You (level 72 slayer) and your mythical "jagex mod" vs. 4 experienced veteran players with a combined experience of over 45 million. Never mind that us 4 meticulously tested and recorded our data under carefully standardized conditions with predetermined equipment and carefully refined techniques. Never mind that you haven't provided even a scrap of proof of XP rates, or indeed, rates at all. Never mind that you haven't recorded anything about your methods. Never mind that you have said that you are using proven inferior ways to obtain your rates. Never mind that you haven't even read one tenth of my replys. Never mind that you aren't even PTP, so you can't test any of the things I'm talking about. Never mind that virtually every other poster on this thread has agreed with these numbers.

DeviledEgg24.png

You could look further back in the thread for hundreds of pages of debate about the numbers. I skimmed over that part m'self because frankly I thought it was boring, but hey, you asked.

Well i tried, saw a lotta people arguing how his calcs were wrong, how he factored out different things that make slayer easy, and apparantly how cannons aren't alwayz necessary(as i too stated)

Even saw the attempt to end the thread. lolz...I didn't know about that before...so i posted. soz. lolz.

Overall i'd say now too that there are too too many variations in slayer and trying to kill something efficiently to try to "average" it out, even at best attempts things are left out, and results are never final. Hell, maybe for you slayer does suck, but for someone else, slayer might truly honestly be the best thing in there opinion. Truth be told not every1 can get certain exp rates per hour because of w/e factor, so they resort to something else. That's fine, its all just peoples preferences. A game is just that, a game. And even moreso for a game like rs, where the whole point, (they used to mention on the page where u click to make a new acc and they give you a "summary" about rs..)is to "do whatever you want however you want it."

Overall there many arguments that can go either way, but the way i see it, slayer must be pretty damn good, else not too many people would do it other than the sake of saying they did it.

To me, slayer is awesome. it's worth is too. While i totally agree it's not the BEST exp, i believ it is awesome money. thats all i really have to say.

I think i'm done with this discussion lolz. but still i'll check in maybe post a few lolz. Byes forum.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Ok, since you still haven't posted any of 'your' rates, I'll stick with those proven correct over thousands of hours of testing:

Zombies; 103k XP, 190k profit

Slayer is terrible profit - you actually lose money if you train it correctly. The sole purpose of training it is for fun, and when training it you are losing out on literally hundreds of thousands of GP and dozens of thousands of XP per hour just so you can train on 15 or so different monsters instead of 8.

DeviledEgg24.png

Ok, since you still haven't posted any of 'your' rates, I'll stick with those proven correct over thousands of hours of testing:

Slayer is terrible profit - you actually lose money if you train it correctly. The sole purpose of training it is for fun, and when training it you are losing out on literally hundreds of thousands of GP and dozens of thousands of XP per hour just so you can train on 15 or so different monsters instead of 8.

Kinda offtopic: Do you know Zarfot?

Also I wonder how the new "soul collecting" will work

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Not personally, but he joined tip.it to post on this thread a few dozen pages back and said he was following it.

What "soul collecting" :?

DeviledEgg24.png

Not personally, but he joined tip.it to post on this thread a few dozen pages back and said he was following it.

What "soul collecting" :?

It soul wars sorry and i misread the Behind the Scenes for February its actually a minigame where you kill slayer monsters or something.

Soul Wars

On the deepest, darkest, most mysterious of our backwater islands, an eternal struggle rages, unknown to the residents of RuneScape until now. Structured much like Castle Wars, this will be a quick to access, tough to master conflict-based minigame. The avatars of Destruction and Creation vie for control of the Soul Obelisk, an ancient and powerful artefact used to harvest the souls of the weak and unready. Get ready to grab your blade, staff or bow and battle through Slayer creatures, collecting fragments of their souls to feed to the ever-hungry obelisk. Rewards include combat XP while playing the game, Pest Control-style XP rewards and a few new pets for you to lead.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Oh, that :lol:

Meh, it'll probably be like all the other minigames besides SC... fun (sometimes), but nothing to make it worth playing.

DeviledEgg24.png