AGS Sucks

compfreak847

My next pet peeve. AGS, that hawt, high price godsword, sucks. Look at the spec vs. sgs; it's simple mathematics.

A normal '50' hit:

AGS = 63, 13 higher hit

SGS = 50, +25 hitpoints, +13 prayer

SGS always heals at least twice the extra damage that AGS spec adds - effectively making 1 SGS spec worth 2 AGS specs. When you happen to hit below 20, as happens at least 1/3rd the time, AGS spec becomes almost worthless and SGS spec still does great. For any type of monster hunting, SGS is very useful, unlike AGS. The only use for AGS is a KO in an eating fight (Seriously, who does those nowdays? Not many people fight a real, 1 v 1 fight to the death with AGS anymore these days. AGS is fun to use, but I really can't see a use for it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

k stfu now. You're trolling.

I did the exact same thing with ags and sgs.

Ags does suck but only if you havent got the levels.

Plus, everyone on tippy knows sgs is 100000x better than ags if you arent gwding

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Plus, everyone on tippy knows sgs is 100000x better than ags if you arent gwding

What? Trolling? Two of my posts on the other thread together were 8 full pages, 4,139 words. Kind of a lot of work for a troll, donchyathink?

I'm taking care of two arguments that I wanted to post for a long time. Both of them have valid information that goes against the 'common knowledge'. And virtually every player on RS, and most on Tipit, think that AGS is better. And SGS is better for GWD too, unless your fighting a team at Bandos.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Ags just simply owns sgs in teams if you arent the tanker. Which is usually almost all gwd m/cb zones

And people on tip.it love slayer, so i think they know sgs is the win.

Ags just simply owns sgs in teams if you arent the tanker. Which is usually almost all gwd m/cb zones

And people on tip.it love slayer, so i think they know sgs is the win.

Nah, it really doesn't - that +25% to hit means that you get 1/2 an extra hit every 5 minutes. It's not even worth bringing to Sara.

Not lately, Tip.it has been going down a bit IMO. We're turning into another immature, uninformed community. Philip Kolar's post on my other thread made me really wish he was around as much as he used to be.

DeviledEgg24.png

Too many arrogant pyros (flamers) are coming in now.

Read my post in here, rants lawl

And anyway, the Esc community of TIF are probably the smartest. I think they all know whats better than what tbh.

::'

Too many arrogant pyros (flamers) are coming in now.

Read my post in here, rants lawl

And anyway, the Esc community of TIF are probably the smartest. I think they all know whats better than what tbh.

::'

5 posts, 7 views. I like how quiet Tip.It gets at this hour. Go to bed already, Ray!

I'll hop over and read your post, I can already guess what its about though. I'd be willing to bet that at least 80% of Tip.It's current member list would say AGS>SGS for PVP if polled. I know that out of the 197 people on my RS friends list, 2 of them thought SGS was better.

DeviledEgg24.png

I have had both AGS & SGS.

As has been said, AGS is superior for Boss killing.

SGS pretty much dominates everywhere else.

Skinzo04.png

[saradomin hilt - 3] [Armadyl hilt - 1] [ Bandos hilt - 3]

[ Abyssal whip - 88] [ Dark bow - 7] [ Dragon boots - 100+]

AGS is a must-have weapon for doing LS/CS Bandos, and I foresee it being heavily used in the PK worlds. Other than that, SGS is superior.

I haven't been to bandos recently, but when I was I found sgs much more valuable - The amount of time we spent fighting other teams vs. the time we were killing solo made SGS great, and AGS really only useful maybe once every trip.

AGS is superior for Boss killing.

I really don't think so - the only boss it is truly useful at is Bandos, and possible zammy.

DeviledEgg24.png

we have a lot of gwd clans here and all the hilt drops comes from sgs users, so it's kind of biased. ags could hold it's own benefits like BHing and people do get godsword drops, armors and it's rather fun to hit all those higher hits.

SGS is probably superior in all efficiency arguments, but AGS is just so much more fun \'

I knew the argument would come up, and I agree. AGS IS fun; the animation is great, its a well known and respected godsword, and the KO ability is huge. The problem is, each special is really only increasing your hit by 8 on average, with maxed strength bonus - and if you hit 70 with spec, you would have hit 56 normally anyway. It is fun, though. Can't deny that.

DeviledEgg24.png

SGS is probably superior in all efficiency arguments, but AGS is just so much more fun \'

I knew the argument would come up, and I agree. AGS IS fun; the animation is great, its a well known and respected godsword, and the KO ability is huge. The problem is, each special is really only increasing your hit by 8 on average, with maxed strength bonus - and if you hit 70 with spec, you would have hit 56 normally anyway. It is fun, though. Can't deny that.

Well, if you're going to want lots of damage fast, 70 would be better than 56, wouldn't it?

I'd think that's where it's use comes in.

Well, if you're going to want lots of damage fast, 70 would be better than 56, wouldn't it?

I'd think that's where it's use comes in.

But instead of hitting 13 extra, you could be healing 26 - which is better, unless your opponent hits twice as fast as you.

DeviledEgg24.png

But instead of hitting 13 extra, you could be healing 26 - which is better, unless your opponent hits twice as fast as you.

It all depends on the situation really. If you're in a fight where neither opponent is using food, yes the SGS is much more valuable to have than an AGS.

But in an eating KO fight like in the old wilderness, BH, and in the PVP worlds to come, that extra 13 damage could mean the difference between KOing your opponent and... not. An SGS spec would only serve to save you a little money on food and pray pots, but then if you successfully KO your opponent early on with AGS specs you'll be saving a lot more on supplies than if the fight drags out because you fail to KO them and they eat to full hp.

Look..

Ok..

Seriously..

Now..

Pay..

Attention..

SGS is used in hardcore slaying, with the effect of guthans and bunyip, 99 doesnt seem hard at all. Now, if you like the sgs more than ags, why the [bleep] are you ranting about slayer, when sgs comes in perfect with it?

Ags is only good at bosses and dueling/pvp games.

Sgs is teh win in everything else.

Anyone with a decent brain and can do the math knows it.

P.S. Personal experiences are people who have hit me with sgs have more often higher, just not as high, making it more accurate, in my opinion.

Well...in pvp its all about killing your oppenent faster before he kills you. Thats where the AGS specs come in. And same thing with monster hunting. AGS is better for bandos and other bosses except for Sara cause the spec hits quite often. The only MH places I find the SGS useful are the DKS.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

SGS is used in hardcore slaying, with the effect of guthans and bunyip, 99 doesnt seem hard at all. Now, if you like the sgs more than ags, why the [bleep] are you ranting about slayer, when sgs comes in perfect with it?

+1

Can't be made any clearer ::'

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

P.S. Personal experiences are people who have hit me with sgs have more often higher, just not as high, making it more accurate, in my opinion.

Well...in pvp its all about killing your oppenent faster before he kills you. Thats where the AGS specs come in. And same thing with monster hunting. AGS is better for bandos and other bosses except for Sara cause the spec hits quite often. The only MH places I find the SGS useful are the DKS.

See, people THINK that is better for PVP, even non eating, which 95% of Godsword PVP is about - I really don't see many AGSes in BH besides the spec, run variety. Oh, and just because I like an item that happens to be good for slayer doesn't mean I can't dislike slayer #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Actually, while we're argueing about this, why not argue that having BOTH is an infinity better scenerio.

I've had every godsword, and I can say that the Saradomin Godsword has been better for tasks such as waterfiends, where prayer is necessary. Some tasks, like Greater Demons, Armadyl Godsword is much better. With a Bunyip, even I don't need food, and I don't have the best stats you can have. So you can't say that the Saradomin Godsword wins in all other scenerios, because it's only useful where you use food or prayer. While this may cover a large area, the Armadyl Godsword easily covers areas where you'd rather hit hard (PVP) or don't need food (Easier Slayer Tasks).

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

Actually, while we're argueing about this, why not argue that having BOTH is an infinity better scenerio.

I've had every godsword, and I can say that the Saradomin Godsword has been better for tasks such as waterfiends, where prayer is necessary. Some tasks, like Greater Demons, Armadyl Godsword is much better. With a Bunyip, even I don't need food, and I don't have the best stats you can have. So you can't say that the Saradomin Godsword wins in all other scenerios, because it's only useful where you use food or prayer. While this may cover a large area, the Armadyl Godsword easily covers areas where you'd rather hit hard (PVP) or don't need food (Easier Slayer Tasks).

Who would bring an AGS on 'easier slayer tasks'? Overall, your probably slowing down your XP, to say nothing of making a lot more clicking for yourself. SGS, on the other hand, can be used for, say, infinity +5% strength pray, that provides a tangable benefit with a minimum of work.

And PVP, SGS is better. That was kind of the point of my post. Unless you count eating, which is only done in BH, where very few people actually dual with AGS. For places like Fight Pits, SGS carries the day.

DeviledEgg24.png

They all have different advantages in different situations, can't we all just agree on that?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

They all have different advantages in different situations, can't we all just agree on that?

Mh himm. AGS is better for fighting another team at bandos and fighting in Bounty Hunter.

Other then that, SGS is better. Few people will acknowledge that :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png