AGS Sucks

compfreak847

I wouldn't say the AGS "sucks", it's a very good sword, but it's not the most practical. It's a bit like the ZGS, only useful is specific situations. For pking in BH you will want the AGS spec for the sheer KO factor to kill your opponents faster than they can eat, in BH there is no need for healing as you just have to pickup your victims' food lying a bit everywhere: the most important thing is really to manage to kill the people to begin with and the AGS will do that very well.

But if you're somewhere training, you have jack cabbage use for the KO factor, you will want something that will help you stay there longer. You could call it damage over time, efficiency over longer periods of time. Versus the AGS which is hit high NOW, the SGS will outlive and probably outdamage the AGS but over longer periods of time only.

SGS is the most versatile of the two but it's not *always* better. For the price though, AGS is overrated, like zierro said it's like the partyhat version of a sword "Omg watch me hit high!" but the cost is not really representative of the real usefulness.

2480+ total

Too many arrogant pyros (flamers) are coming in now.

Read my post in here, rants lawl

And anyway, the Esc community of TIF are probably the smartest. I think they all know whats better than what tbh.

::'

lol.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Situational, not useless. And AGS is better for pvp, it's all about getting the k0, not burning out your opponents food.

only when your opponent is eating.Since this rant came out, so has PVP worlds, giving the AGS a real use - but before that, PVP with eating was ONLY in bounty hunter, where virtually no one actually fought a fight to the death with a godsword. The other 90% of PVP with a GS was without using food, making the SGS better. So no, the statment that AGS is better for pvp is totally off.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

In duels, I think ZGS is the best personally. If you time it right you can get off about 4 or 5 hits without getting hit yourself. I loved my ZGS, it was extremely good in many situations. I sold it because I needed the money more though...

The day it came out, I read the spec. I saw it gave 25% extra damage and thought "dang, this thing is going to be sooo overrated."

I remember when f2p'ers all carried around battleaxes for a similar reason. Lol, I was one of them ::'

In duels, I think ZGS is the best personally. If you time it right you can get off about 4 or 5 hits without getting hit yourself. I loved my ZGS, it was extremely good in many situations. I sold it because I needed the money more though...

Very true for duals, but doing something like that in the fight pits is asking to get piled. You do have a point, though, but that would get old fast in duels. It probably is the 'best' weapon for them though :ohnoes:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My next pet peeve. AGS, that hawt, high price godsword, sucks. Look at the spec vs. sgs; it's simple mathematics.

A normal '50' hit:

AGS = 63, 13 higher hit

SGS = 50, +25 hitpoints, +13 prayer

SGS always heals at least twice the extra damage that AGS spec adds - effectively making 1 SGS spec worth 2 AGS specs. When you happen to hit below 20, as happens at least 1/3rd the time, AGS spec becomes almost worthless and SGS spec still does great. For any type of monster hunting, SGS is very useful, unlike AGS. The only use for AGS is a KO in an eating fight (Seriously, who does those nowdays? Not many people fight a real, 1 v 1 fight to the death with AGS anymore these days. AGS is fun to use, but I really can't see a use for it.

SGS always heals at least twice the extra damage that AGS spec adds

What ? The SGS minimum heal is 10 hp. Therefore the SGS spec isn't 'always' better than the AGS for one.

And put it this way: two maxed melee people are fighting (99 hp).

The first hit for both weapons deals 50 damage, leaving 49 hp each, both then spec, let's say the SGS hits first, giving the wielder an extra 25 hp (total 74) for a hit of 50. The AGS could then spec the 74 remaining HP of the SGSer and KO him, negating the positive effect of the SGS spec.

Polnar.png

My next pet peeve. AGS, that hawt, high price godsword, sucks. Look at the spec vs. sgs; it's simple mathematics.

A normal '50' hit:

AGS = 63, 13 higher hit

SGS = 50, +25 hitpoints, +13 prayer

SGS always heals at least twice the extra damage that AGS spec adds - effectively making 1 SGS spec worth 2 AGS specs. When you happen to hit below 20, as happens at least 1/3rd the time, AGS spec becomes almost worthless and SGS spec still does great. For any type of monster hunting, SGS is very useful, unlike AGS. The only use for AGS is a KO in an eating fight (Seriously, who does those nowdays? Not many people fight a real, 1 v 1 fight to the death with AGS anymore these days. AGS is fun to use, but I really can't see a use for it.

SGS always heals at least twice the extra damage that AGS spec adds

What ? The SGS minimum heal is 10 hp. Therefore the SGS spec isn't 'always' better than the AGS for one.

And put it this way: two maxed melee people are fighting (99 hp).

The first hit for both weapons deals 50 damage, leaving 49 hp each, both then spec, let's say the SGS hits first, giving the wielder an extra 25 hp (total 74) for a hit of 50. The AGS could then spec the 74 remaining HP of the SGSer and KO him, negating the positive effect of the SGS spec.

What? The AGS would spec a 63 (50 *1.25), leaving the AGS owner with 49 HP, and the SGS owner with 62. If the AGS owner specced *just* high enough to hit a 62, it would require a regular hit of 50 - higher then his HP, and whoever hit first loses. If the hit is less then that regular 50, which is unlikely, the SGS user will again have the advantage - to the tune of TWICE the advantage. One SGS spec is the equivilant of 2 AGS specs in terms of damage on hits over 20, and increasing superior on lower hits, up to 20x as good on a regular 1.

DeviledEgg24.png

Situational, not useless. And AGS is better for pvp, it's all about getting the k0, not burning out your opponents food.

only when your opponent is eating.Since this rant came out, so has PVP worlds, giving the AGS a real use - but before that, PVP with eating was ONLY in bounty hunter, where virtually no one actually fought a fight to the death with a godsword. The other 90% of PVP with a GS was without using food, making the SGS better. So no, the statment that AGS is better for pvp is totally off.

You kill them before you give them a chance to eat...?

Get them to ~60 hp, ags spec.

Edit: If nobody fought to the death in Bounty hunter, it would be impossible to get a kill with AGS. Although eating in Pits will usually get you piled too...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

You kill them before you give them a chance to eat...?

Get them to ~60 hp, ags spec.

Edit: If nobody fought to the death in Bounty hunter, it would be impossible to get a kill with AGS. Although eating in Pits will usually get you piled too...

I meant, as in '1 v 1, no one runs, either your going to die or I'm going to'; virtually all AGS use centers around 'spec twice, run out of crater, pick up drops'.

And for every other PVP minigame besides castle wars (which, I do admit, is fun with AGS), SGS is better, due to to food not being used.

DeviledEgg24.png

k stfu now. You're trolling.

How is bringing up a valid argument trolling? :-s

Look at his other topic. He goes against Slayer, which is widely accepted as the best. If he didn't have any proof, it would be trolling.

Except he does. Well... not hard proof, but he does have an argument.

Edit: Oops... I misunderstood your post just a bit. My post should still answer your question.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png