returning player astounded and deeply disappointed

brice1b3

I am a ex-retired player of runescape I had played for 3 years then retired and started again a day ago. I was so excited to see all of the updates made, disappointed by a few especially when i noticed i couldint find wildnerness playerkilling anywere!!! my one true love in the game dissappated, why?? what happened to wilderness?? Is this bounty hunting thing the same but just in a arena?

Sapor_ball.png

Sapor_Ball.png

Sapor_Ball.png

I am a ex-retired player of runescape I had played for 3 years then retired and started again a day ago. I was so excited to see all of the updates made, disappointed by a few especially when i noticed i couldint find wildnerness playerkilling anywere!!! my one true love in the game dissappated, why?? what happened to wilderness?? Is this bounty hunting thing the same but just in a arena?

Welcome back.

Pking was removed in an attempt to stop RWT. It did a fair job at it.

Bounty Hunter =/= Pking. It's killing players, but not the same rush or the same way of doing it. It's irritating.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Player Killing was removed because RWT was destroying the game.

Hapilly though this month a special kind of 'PKing' will return where you can kill in 99% of the whole RuneScape world, how cool is that? :thumbsup:

Although theres a few downsides to it (like the drop system for example)

Atleast you will be killing your friends soon ::'

Bounty Hunter on the other hand is not that good. you still did partly what the old pking did but theres more taggers and 1 itemers that spoil the fun -.-

Zaroterasu.png

Player Killing was removed because Jagex probably got real-life complaints from people about players cheating. That's the only reason many gaming companies care.

Kisfvo.png

Kisfvo.png

Not as good as they could be, but I'm working on it.

Player Killing was removed because Jagex probably got real-life complaints from people about players cheating. That's the only reason many gaming companies care.

Really?

This is the only source I have about what happened and why. It could be true, it could be fake, but for what it is, it's fairly convincing.

Or if you're not going to read it all/click the link;

The key phrase is 'not profitable'. We're changing our game in a way that doesn't negatively affect its gameplay, but which makes real-world trading not worth the effort.