PVP: To pray or not to pray

Omar

People are talking about the three 15% prayers and piety, I'm pretty sure noone is contesting the use of them. Obviously you sacrafice combat levels in order to give yourself a temporary boost in the level of your choice, no biggie. What we're discussing here mainly is the protection from X prayers.

Of course you have the right to use them, but this doesn't change the fact that people who PK regularly find it ruins the fun of the PKing experience. It decreases the chance of anyone dying, both you and opponent, making F2p PKing even safer than it ever was. The same thing applies to "safing", of course you have the right to eat your food whenever you want, but if everytime you lose a bit of health, you eat yourself back to max, it's obvious that noone will die, unless one of you lags out... PKers chose not to "safe" as it increases the fun aspect of PKing, raising the risks, and enabling the already difficult f2p KO to be possible. Of course, you don't have to follow their rules, but don't expect them to want to fight you if you chose to protect from melee at any sight of danger.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about honor and reputation?

People who'd rather use 5 sharks and kill someone rather than using 20 sharks and having them run away.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

You associate praying and running too much.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I just use piety and item protect. Protect from mele just slows the fight down, which for me reduces the fun. If my opponent doesn't pray i won't, if they do i will but i would prefer not to.

If I'm risking more than 5-10m then yeah, I'll pray to get every advantage i can.

sig.png

on both sides:

(the even leveled main character)Oh goodies! PvP has come out! I think i will go check it out, however i do not want to lose my riches to the likes of pkers. I will simply risk a trusted rune scimitar and use protect prayer.

(the optimium pure)Oh snaps! PvP has come out! Time to go pwnzors some newbs with my iron pure with uber strength!!

[the two of course meet and attack eachother]

(main)Heavens!! This level 4 has just hit me for a 20. At this rate, i will never win. Good thing i still have my protection prayers. Surely all i have to do is click it on and the battle will surely turn favor to my side.

(pure)Z0MG!!!1!Stupid noob with protection prayer!!I still pwn u!!

[a full inventory of food from both sides later]

(main)Oh cabbage, it seems that i am out of food. It seems victory will not be mine today. Tootles and fairwell, fair brute. Till we meet again.

(pure)...******* noob...

Moral of the story: when mains use prayer, noone wins

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Well, given the inplementation of prayer into the game, the speed it drains, and the combat advances it has, you should use it. If you trained it, you shouldnt waste the work and money you put into the skill. Use everything you can to your advantage. Also it is helpful after you get a kill so people can kill you as easily if you are low on food.