PVP: To pray or not to pray

Omar

I'm making this thread to stop the abundant banter (that I have participated in) about prayer in the

"You attack first! No you attack first!" topic. Do you think you should protect pray when PKing?

I think so. I BH in F2P, and praying longer than my opponent because their pray ran out got me the loot a few times now. Same thing for Duel Arena. Discuss.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pray with piety (protection will just make everyone in falador call you a noob and run away from you.. -.-

Prot pray all the way thats the exact reason i LIKE prot prays :)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Lets see.....

Pray--> Own, and get called a noob

No Pray --> Get owned and get callled a noob...

Only a true pker would pick the latter.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

It's part of the game. Use it to it's full potential and in the best way possible to give you the best chances on the kill.

It's really that simple. When it comes to killing one another, I can't see why you'd want to hold yourself back by -for example- not praying.

I would certainly use protect prayers - after all I have earned the right to use them.

Having said this a good PKer could quite easily get round this by carrying at least two forms of cambat styles with them as you cannot pray protect from more than 1 combat syle at any one time.

If you have it, you can use it. You wasted your combat levels to get it and i dont care if you use it. Ill still say noob and such just to get you to type and stop paying attention but no one cares.

secret pkr knowledge: most pkers who call other people noobs are trying to get them to eat less, get less defense and stop paying as much attention in order to kill faster

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I don't fight to see who will last longer, I fight to ko. By not using prayer my opponent is less likely to use it, better chance for me to ko.

However I use it if my opponent does, although I often just run because it isn't worth it to fight them.

It's part of the game. Use it to it's full potential and in the best way possible to give you the best chances on the kill.

It's really that simple. When it comes to killing one another, I can't see why you'd want to hold yourself back by -for example- not praying.

Not true. Using prayer simply ends up with no one getting a kill usually.

Don't protect, just use offensive prayer. Item Protect is okay to use, it more of a pking law/code to not protect during an agreed fight.

This code is non existing in writing nor can be enforced by the other,

its just simply moral sense.

It's your choice, but I, personally, would pray. Better to be called a noob, pray, and win, than to lose a pile of valuable equipment because you didn't do the obvious.

When you say win, you mean "chase the opponent away after they ran out of food" right?

Then yeah, you've definitely won. But gained nothing in the process.

Theres a Reason why we raise it.

Of course, I have nothing against the usage of protection players. But using it usually just makes the opponent use theirs which just drags out the fight even longer; making pking a utter bore.

Kai_th3_g0d.png

All except protection prayers

(yes item protect) - People that say they are not Protecting item are actually protecting item

(peity) - Yes why not? Not like your opponent can tell anyway

(smite) - Only if you dont mind being smited back

Protection prayers just make the fight boring and no one dies.. If you want to use protect prayers go to duel arena tournaments or something..

Teleporting and praying just leads to waste of food.

Guess what, you protect melee during a fight...I protect melee during a fight..it's like adding more armor onto us, which in f2p, just leads to longer fights.

But if one person does it, there either has to be agreement between people that it's noobish, or everyone has to do it. Because agreeing is difficult, most people just all do it.

So this is what we get...a bunch of pvp where 25 lobsters are ate, 1 law, 1 fire, and 3 airs are used up, over the time frame of about 30 minutes....no kills, no risk, no fun. congrats, you are wasting your life. It's like watching those boring videos in science class...You really don't learn any useful information, and you don't have any fun...waste of life.

w4M8t.png

Teleporting and praying just leads to waste of food.

Guess what, you protect melee during a fight...I protect melee during a fight..it's like adding more armor onto us, which in f2p, just leads to longer fights.

But if one person does it, there either has to be agreement between people that it's noobish, or everyone has to do it. Because agreeing is difficult, most people just all do it.

So this is what we get...a bunch of pvp where 25 lobsters are ate, 1 law, 1 fire, and 3 airs are used up, over the time frame of about 30 minutes....no kills, no risk, no fun. congrats, you are wasting your life. It's like watching those boring videos in science class...You really don't learn any useful information, and you don't have any fun...waste of life.

Teleblock?

Zaroterasu.png