PVP: To pray or not to pray

Omar

if you want to be a noob, then do it.

however if the other person does it first, you call him a noob and run if the fight just started, or turn it back on him and continue to fight if hes almost dead.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until Jagex places a rule on PKing worlds that there shall be no protection prayers, I will pray.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I like how people think protect from melee will actually help them kill someone. Protecting leads to only a few possibilities:

1. The other guy protects, leading to a fight where the max hit is like 10.

2. The other guy runs away.

3. The other guy stays, then one of you teleports when you run out of food.

Oh, good fun.

You're free to protect pray against me, I just won't fight you. It's not like it even helps you to win. I'd much prefer using the attack and strength prayers and then having an actually fun(!) fight.

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

i think not. bu idc cuz i pk in full veracs and when you do that i entangle you and turn on smite. then you lose everything.... so have fun :lol:

gina_monster.png

[hide=My goals]Gina_Monster.png

gina_monster.png[/hide]

R.I.P Anthony Pacheco, I'll never forget you homie. When i see you up there we gonna go skating aight man.

Well the choice is yours, if you want to take advantage of something you spent time training, then use it. Yes it might make it harder for yourself at times if others run or use prayer themselves.

But if someone calls you a prayer noob for using it then go ahead and use it. It's apart of the game, it wasn't made to not be used.

I mean if someone tells me to not use it, because it will make it harder for them to kill me, I might as well not train defence because it will make it harder for them to kill me, and I shouldnt buy good weapons or armour, because it will make it harder for them to kill me and so on... :roll:

But in the end, both are after each others items, so why make it harder for yourself?

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Well the choice is yours, if you want to take advantage of something you spent time training, then use it. Yes it might make it harder for yourself at times if others run or use prayer themselves.

But if someone calls you a prayer noob for using it then go ahead and use it. It's apart of the game, it wasn't made to not be used.

I mean if someone tells me to not use it, because it will make it harder for them to kill me, I might as well not train defence because it will make it harder for them to kill me, and I shouldnt buy good weapons or armour, because it will make it harder for them to kill me and so on... :roll:

But in the end, both are after each others items, so why make it harder for yourself?

=D> =D> =D>

Might aswell not eat until 20 hp too just to not be called a safer. :roll:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I've always thought they should change it back to the RSC style and add new prayers, here's what I mean:

Protect from Magic (37) should stop all Magic attacks from NPCs.

Protect from Range (40) should stop all Range attacks from NPCs.

Protect from Melee (43) should stop all Melee attacks from NPCs.

Now on to the Player ones.

Protect from Magic (77) should stop 60% Magic attacks from Players.

Protect from Range (80) should stop 60% Range attacks from Players.

Protect from Melee (83) should stop 60% Melee attacks from Players.

I've got no problem with people praying - as far as I'm concerned it's part of the game. But I don't usually PK because of the general cowardice of PK'ers.

I've been on the PvP worlds for the last few hours just checking it out, but honestly I haven't had a single fight yet where the other person hasn't run away or teleported. Again I feel these are part of the game and you are free to use them, but if you are going to have the gumption to run up to me and smack me with your sword then you should also be ready to back up your actions with a good fight!

The last fight I was in I was attacked by a warrior who ran up to me as I was walking from lumby. I started winning, he ran. At the same time there was an archer on the northern bridge who started firing at me the second the warrior ran - probably expecting to get an easy kill as the warrior had done a fair bit of damage- I ran up to him, started winning, and he ran.

Seriously, it's bad enough that you would lurk around trying to pick off easy targets from a distance (similar to stabbing a man in the back), but at least have the decency not to run if it turns out you took on more than you can handle.

Check out my blog!

www.masarius.com

Yeah, i had a ranger do that to me. I ended up hitting him 22-23-21 first 3 hits and he ran about a minute after because I was laying some good hits.

As far as prayer goes, at my level, when someone melee protects, it just means that once they get low hp, they are going to run for it, and theres really nothing you can do about it unless you get lucky because high defence levels, full rune and melee prot just mean 0's galore, so its not something I like people to do during a fight, but by all means, try to stay alive,through any means necessary, except for running. That just wastes everyones time.

tazo6114.png

Neither will get the kill?

:|

Think about it my young apprentice, do any of them *really* win?

If you're in for the money, yes.

@saif: Indeed, you are.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I've always thought they should change it back to the RSC style and add new prayers, here's what I mean:

I like that idea. At least people would have to work for their prayer.

Be good for f2p in a way as well as praying prot just makes fights go on for ever, and not to many people would have the 83 prayer to prot melee players. Although when it comes to just trying to get away from someone if you had no incentive to fight, or you get pj'ed, then this idea will fail. So good and bad, depending on circumstances.

tazo6114.png

I like it too. I need another excuse to train prayer anyway so...

Who cares about honor and reputation?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Pray if you are being teamed, its not a real fight anyways

Never pray if it is 1-1 with protection prayers, no honor in it and give you a bad rep.

Whats this i dont even

I thought we were here for the loot, i mean, there is the duel arena if you want honor and reputation.

Kirtash101.png

Yeah, suggesting that people with a dangerous predisposition towards addiction replace Runescape with drinking is a great idea.

I have no problem using the 15% prayers (I'm a free player) but I don't use protect prayers as much. Sure, when I'm getting piled I pray. It's not really a fair fight when there's 3 of them and 1 of you. But in 1v1's? Nah. I couldn't care less about honor, it's the fact that if I pray, then they pray. My attack and strength aren't that good for my level, but my defence is above average. So I don't get hit as much as a player my level, so there isn't a need to pray. And if they pray on me, then my low attack and strength prevent me from hitting that much. The whole "honor" thing for prayers is a load of [cabbage], I'll use a cliche here, prayers are meant to be used. If you don't like the rules your opponents fight by, run away from them. Another reason a lot of people don't pray is because they know their opponent will run.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

i believe this may of been previously said...

but prayer adds to your combat level so you have every right to use it, it's also a skill you have trained and earned the right to use a particular prayer.

people complain about the protect prayers due to the fact they can see them and they are not hidden from view if your fighting someone and they have stuck on piety - you have no idea thus you cannot complain.

it is like saying you gain 40 defence.. but your not allowed to wear rune because it is not honorable...

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png