Strong P2p Sword?

OmidSan

Here is what I deem melee combat "priorities"

1. All melee stats 70.

This is going let you use the best "standard" gear.

2. SLAYER!

I started earlier than all stats 70 but do all you're training via slayer. Don't mess about with Amoured Zombies and all that jazz, slay, slay and slay some more.

3. Train in groups of 5 levels.

Order is up to you but I suggest strength, attack then defense. Once defense is 90 you don't need to worry about it.

As for weapons, whip and sara sword are the best although dragon scimmy will work also. Except no substitutes. As for training controlled, I wouldn't bother as like I said defense isn't as important after 90. i'd rather have the attack and strength higher first.

At the cost of 5 Strength and 19 Slash?

What 5 strength and 19 slash?

Rune Defender.

2dvjurb.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. All melee stats 70.

2. SLAYER!

I started earlier than all stats 70 but do all you're training via slayer. Don't mess about with Amoured Zombies and all that jazz, slay, slay and slay some more.

Order is up to you but I suggest strength, attack then defense. Once defense is 90 you don't need to worry about it.

As for weapons, whip and sara sword are the best although dragon scimmy will work also. Except no substitutes. As for training controlled, I wouldn't bother as like I said defense isn't as important after 90. i'd rather have the attack and strength higher first.

Rune Defender.

Sara Sword is faster than Dragon Scimmy/Defender.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

1. All melee stats 70.

2. SLAYER!

Rune Defender.

Super expensive tho

And the reason i want 70 def 70 attk and 85 str is for pvping. Im also getting 85 mage and 80 range.

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

1. All melee stats 70.

2. SLAYER!

Rune Defender.

Compared to whip/defender.

2dvjurb.png

1. All melee stats 70.

2. SLAYER!

Rune Defender.

Speed they are same, XP wise whip/def wins but you cannot train strength with whip so SS becomes best choice.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

1. All melee stats 70.

2. SLAYER!

Rune Defender.

Speed they are same, XP wise whip/def wins but you cannot train strength with whip so SS becomes best choice.

Kent's point was the whip/defender on controlled was better because you don't have to use the SS. I kinda doubt that though, maxing att/str first before training defence should speed up training more than +5 str + 19 slash.

2dvjurb.png

true ur max hit does not change because ur using a different style, but u hit a less with defense, so defense is slower to lv

WRONG! Each style adds +3 to the skill it is training (Controlled is +1 to all 3). Defense hits no less than Strength.

Yeesh.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

true ur max hit does not change because ur using a different style, but u hit a less with defense, so defense is slower to lv

WRONG! Each style adds +3 to the skill it is training (Controlled is +1 to all 3). Defense hits no less than Strength.

Yeesh.

I said that already :XD:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

but i dont want 77 attk? or 72 def

Why would you possibly not?

He wants to pvp, ie. become a barrows pure. I went through the same phase 2 years ago, then I relialized that pvp was not the way to make money and I trained attack and defence. :D

If you don't want to train controlled, then Sara sword is your best option. If you can't afford that, use an obsidian sword with the berserker necklace. If you are really poor do mm.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Controlled is OK to 70's, after that defence become less important and which controlled pretty much obsolete.

Currently my stats are a reasonable example of this. My defence is 90, where attack and strength are on there way to/99.

Do I get often? - No

If I get hit can I heal myself - Yes

All extra defence means to me is a little less for my Bunyip to do and the odd extra use of Guthans. Whereas extra attack and strength levels mean higher and more accurate hits. Much more useful.

So with that argument out the way, controlled isn't all it's cracked up to be at higher levels. Which means you need to train attack, strength and defence separately. Whip/Def is obviously the best for attack and defence which leaves strength.

The best option is a Sara Sword as it is as fast as whip and only slightly less accurate due to lack of defender. God Swords also work, Bandos being the cheapest, but they hit slower, although higher than the Sara Sword. The other serious option is the dragon scimmy, but like Kent said, these days it's outclassed by the GWD equipment.

So my advice in summary.

1. Don't fart about being a pure

2. Train via slayer

3. Controlled until all stats 70

4. Attack / Defence with whip/def, strength with Sara Sword. (by now if you've done a lot of slayer you'll have the cash for the sword, and its worth every penny)

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Controlled is OK to 70's, after that defence become less important and which controlled pretty much obsolete.

Currently my stats are a reasonable example of this. My defence is 90, where attack and strength are on there way to/99.

Do I get often? - No

If I get hit can I heal myself - Yes

All extra defence means to me is a little less for my Bunyip to do and the odd extra use of Guthans. Whereas extra attack and strength levels mean higher and more accurate hits. Much more useful.

So with that argument out the way, controlled isn't all it's cracked up to be at higher levels. Which means you need to train attack, strength and defence separately. Whip/Def is obviously the best for attack and defence which leaves strength.

The best option is a Sara Sword as it is as fast as whip and only slightly less accurate due to lack of defender. God Swords also work, Bandos being the cheapest, but they hit slower, although higher than the Sara Sword. The other serious option is the dragon scimmy, but like Kent said, these days it's outclassed by the GWD equipment.

So my advice in summary.

1. Don't fart about being a pure

2. Train via slayer

3. Controlled until all stats 70

4. Attack / Defence with whip/def, strength with Sara Sword. (by now if you've done a lot of slayer you'll have the cash for the sword, and its worth every penny)

Again, you're completely discounting that you also gain 7 attack, str, and def lvs by the time you get 15 Str. Add R Defender, and controlled is what it's cracked up to be.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

either comlpete mm and get a d scimm or buy a obby sword and a berzerker necklace, best str exp in game.

How much is an obby sword and is it better than d long or d scim?

and how much is zerker necklace

And ya. i wanna pvp so i dont really want past 70 attk or 70 def. :) After i do pvp for a week and if i dont get many kills with my equipment and stuff then ill just say scrw it and level up everything lol

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png