who thinks they should remake ff7 for ps3?

da_reaver420-

a few weeks ago i was watching cinematech of g4 tech tv, and i saw wat looked like final fantasy 7, except... it was beautiful! i thought to myself, "self is that what i think it is? could it be? a remake of ff7 on the ps3?" it looked like it, so i rushed to the phone and told everyone i knew about this godsend, but one of them informed me that, at E3 sony only played the opening cut-scene to show off the ps3 graphics, my dreams were shattered, my question to you is this, should they re-make ff7 for ps3 and why.

FF7 is IMO one of best games ever but I don't know if I would buy it for ps3 (if I would buy ps3, not sure about that yet) just because of new craphics. It had cool craphics back then ps1. :)

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

No.

It wasn't all that great. It was decent, but the only reason people are all on about it is nostalgia. The story isn't very interesting, and a new Final Fantasy game would be a lot more interesting than a remake.

I disagree with pyro, i much prefer the ff7 to some of the other final fantasy games (ie ff8 sucked badly in many areas) the materia system was cool as were the chocobos. Not sure if a remake would be necessary though, it would be cool but not something i would go rush out and buy on its release day

Btw since there will be some ff7 fans on this thread, i know my name is wrong :wink:

seph54646lrlr.jpg

no point remaking a classic..

FFVII is already a well known great classic game, leave it that way.

I agree. There's no point in remaking FFVII when it was spot on first time around. Remakes never tend to be good enough to make them worthwhile.

kikoskiasigniture14ug.png

I agree. There's no point in remaking FFVII when it was spot on first time around. Remakes never tend to be good enough to make them worthwhile.

kikoskiasigniture14ug.png

i think they should remake just the graphics for it. they should keep the story the same, because it was and is the best final fantasy ever. it just has crappy ps1 graphics. if they made it for ps3, that would be just amazing... :twisted:

Nah no sense in remaking. They probably gonna just make Dirge of Cerberus

for it, and that would be good enough. The graphics for that game are amzing, we just waiting on a story line :wink:

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

(Y)

It's awesome how it is,just leave it alone lol.

3hitssigfw3.png

If they are going to remake it, they shouldn't just give the graphics a quick spit and polish and throw it out there. A good example of how it should be done is the remake of the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube. They've rebuilt the graphics from the ground up, they've added an entirely new subplot, some deadly new enemies (remember kids, always burn those corpses if your shotgun blast didn't decapitate them ;) ) and many new paths and puzzles making it a virtually new game even if you played the original version.