Tip.it clan discussion is biased you say?

Gamerr

Let me clarify my title. If I talk to friends from other clans, ask their opinion about tip.it's clan discussion one of the most popular answers is "It's biased". My question is, are we? I personally don't think so, but go ahead and write what your opinion is about it.

tipitswj4.jpg

I am a clan community leader, that means I need to know what the clan community thinks. and I wish to know YOUR opinion about the tip.it clan discussion. What you think that can be improved in our CD? What you think this staff/the CD as a whole can improve on? We need YOUR opinion.

I want a honest opinion, keep it mature. I want to hear actual reasons, not "I know all clans left because tip it was biased", that was the past and let's keep it that way.

I would also like to hear your opinion about our warring lists, what you think we can improve on them? Or what do you think is the ideal warring list for your clan? You can post it here or in this topic (viewtopic.php?f=216&t=744443)

Oh yeah, whatever your opinion is, but mostly if you think we are biased I don't only wanna hear that but also what we can do about it. What do you expect from a clan mod?

I hope to hear your opinion.

-Gamerr

Clan Community Leader.

signature4s.jpg

Yes TIF is biased.

Some of the Clan mods aren't and some are but unfortunately the ones that are biased ruin the whole bunch in the view of most clans. Some of the clan mods are just kinda meh about everything and some are just so uptight, the uptightness really gives some of them and air of bias about them. It's not really if the clan mods are biased, but if they give the impression of being biased.

The statement "tipit staff is biased" would be true. As for just the clan staff, I would say somewhat.

Some of the Clan mods aren't and some are but unfortunately the ones that are biased ruin the whole bunch in the view of most clans. Some of the clan mods are just kinda meh about everything and some are just so uptight, the uptightness really gives some of them and air of bias about them. It's not really if the clan mods are biased, but if they give the impression of being biased.

^This sums up my thoughts on this issue.

pan.png

Ok let me clarify a few things, I don't only want your opinion, I also want to know what YOU think we can do about it. And don't start with "throwing the staff out", that doesn't take us anywhere. I want to know how you see an unbiased clan discussion, how the mods should moderate etc.

signature4s.jpg

Ok let me clarify a few things, I don't only want your opinion, I also want to know what YOU think we can do about it. And don't start with "throwing the staff out", that doesn't take us anywhere. I want to know how you see an unbiased clan discussion, how the mods should moderate etc.

With that in mind.. more loosely. Don't jump on every little flame that gets thrown about. Allow flames to go on as long as it doesn't hinder the point of the thread and as long as it's not a rl flame.

pan.png

They've been too uptight about flaming and some with naming names, posts disappear willy nilly and really I think we could all stand to see some of them relax a little with their modding.

I don't think that biasness is that large an issue at tipit, however it is too strict sometimes.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

Another thing to add that i forgot to the first time.

More activity from the staff. Some need to be active in the actual public Clan boards (all of them.. warring, discussions, and TWR), some need to be active behind the scenes, and some both. Being active and encouraging discussion in the irc wouldn't hurt either.

pan.png

the moderating is a lot stricter than rsc and that's probably a big big reason as to why it's less active. It attracts a minority of more 'mature' players rather than the majority of just normal clanners.

And yeah, it used to be super biased. My first account was banned cos I liked damage incorporated :lol: :lol:

I doubt you'll manage to attract the majority of clans back, as there's little reason for them to come back. Clans use publicity to recruit, and most users of the TIF aren't the 'target audience' for top clans that use rsc. TIF are mainly lower levels it seems.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Clans use publicity to recruit, and most users of the TIF aren't the 'target audience' for top clans that use rsc. TIF are mainly lower levels it seems.

Here's the Tip It Top 500 rankings, which some of the Tip It users are on, that might change your view on the levels of the regulars here. Of course it only represents a part of them, but still. :)

posts disappear willy nilly and really I think we could all stand to see some of them relax a little with their modding.

There have been 0 posts removed from Clan Discussion in the last 3-4 months at least (that's how far back I know it's been checked), probably longer. 3 topics removed in other clan related forums by request and one because the clan folded and didn't recruit. Just thought I'd add some facts into the guessing. ::'

Personally I have posted a few reminders in the TWR forums about what the forum is for and what it's not for, as the flames can be kept to the Wars forums or here or other places where the e-meter can be taken out for practical use. The TWR forum has a practical use for the Clan Leaders and the Clan Staff, so it needs to have an ounce of cleanliness to be functionable. This is also something I have gotten positive feedback from the TWR Clan Leaders about, as they understand and appreciate the difference. I don't hand out warnings or delete posts, but I do talk to the implicated to make sure we're updated in any complications. It's part of my job.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

People bash the staff way too easily. I'd like to see (No naming names, good rule ::') some of them do a better job.

It's not biased and i rarely see an occasion where i would disagree with one of there rulings.

Compare this to "Another" fansite where you can get your post deleted for the most absurb things.

I like the mature atmosphere around here - it also means clans the recruit ONLY from tipit get mature players applying. I wouldn't use this forum if i posted on a thread and had it pointed out that a signature i had from a clan that died recently was stupid and then that clan insulted. Atleast any arguments/flaming on tif will have a discussion at heart. It won't just be mindless insults because you disagree with someone's point of view (Atleast not always).

People bash the staff way too easily. I'd like to see (No naming names, good rule ::') some of them do a better job.

It's not biased and i rarely see an occasion where i would disagree with one of there rulings.

Compare this to "Another" fansite where you can get your post deleted for the most absurb things.

I like the mature atmosphere around here - it also means clans the recruit ONLY from tipit get mature players applying. I wouldn't use this forum if i posted on a thread and had it pointed out that a signature i had from a clan that died recently was stupid and then that clan insulted. Atleast any arguments/flaming on tif will have a discussion at heart. It won't just be mindless insults because you disagree with someone's point of view (Atleast not always).

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think that the moderation is too strict, I think it is perfectly acceptable to be stopping flaming etc. Occasionally I might disagree with something a moderator does but it is just a matter of opinion really.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I also do not find much of a problem with TIF being biased. I have never had any warnings, bans etc. on TIF in my months here, while being on RSC I had gotten in trouble a few times, and I really don't like their love for big clans and hatred for smaller ones (not really hatred, not you know what I mean).

22031_s.gif

Clans use publicity to recruit, and most users of the TIF aren't the 'target audience' for top clans that use rsc. TIF are mainly lower levels it seems.

Here's the Tip It Top 500 rankings, which some of the Tip It users are on, that might change your view on the levels of the regulars here. Of course it only represents a part of them, but still. :)

There are only 477 over 100 combat lol, there are probably upwards of a thousand over 110 who use runescapecommunity based clans. Post a win topic for corr on TIF and it gets ~100 views. Post it on RSC and it gets 10k views in a day. Many regular users of the TIF clan forums are in clans like PK Masters (102 combat average) and Militos Deci (90 combat average), with just a handfull of those over 110 combat. The reqs for 90% of top-50 clans who use rsc are 110+, so recruiting here would be almost competely pointless, which is my point :P you sorta proved me right with that list :P

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

There are only 477 over 100 combat lol, there are probably upwards of a thousand over 110 who use runescapecommunity based clans. Post a win topic for corr on TIF and it gets ~100 views. Post it on RSC and it gets 10k views in a day. Many regular users of the TIF clan forums are in clans like PK Masters (102 combat average) and Militos Deci (90 combat average), with just a handfull of those over 110 combat. The reqs for 90% of top-50 clans who use rsc are 110+, so recruiting here would be almost competely pointless, which is my point :P you sorta proved me right with that list :P

Yeah, for sure RSC clan forums are far more active then ours, but smaller clans fare better here. :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

As said, not all Tip.It users are on that list. ;) Only a small percentage. Promise you that there are 1000's of 110+ cmbs here too, many of them are in TSG so I know.

I agree that the clan section isn't getting the attention it deserves from the users, but that is what we want to change.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

As said, not all Tip.It users are on that list. ;) Only a small percentage. Promise you that there are 1000's of 110+ cmbs here too, many of them are in TSG so I know.

I agree that the clan section isn't getting the attention it deserves from the users, but that is what we want to change.

Maybe when the tornys are coming out you can put in the global announcements MASSIVE CLAN WAR TORNY or something like that. Might make people have a look.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

I find that the clans section is biased towards combat clans and conclave requirements definitely are as well. There's not much that can be done about it other than perhaps making a clan events section, or even splitting up the clan forums into combat clans and everything else clans. I don't know how good an idea the latter would be though.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png

I find that the clans section is biased towards combat clans and conclave requirements definitely are as well. There's not much that can be done about it other than perhaps making a clan events section, or even splitting up the clan forums into combat clans and everything else clans.

You will be happy to hear that we are currently working to accomodate the basic needs of the skilling clans and the skilling sides of the multi faceted clans. :) From there we can build on what there is an actual need for in the later future.

Hopefully the basics will be in place within the end of the month.

I think Tip.it has a lot of high levels--maybe even more than RSC. But they are usually skillers. They don't like warring.

I find that the clans section is biased towards combat clans and conclave requirements definitely are as well. There's not much that can be done about it other than perhaps making a clan events section, or even splitting up the clan forums into combat clans and everything else clans. I don't know how good an idea the latter would be though.

If they made an Clan Events Section it would be the most inactive section in all of Tip.it. How many clan-events topics do you see here right now? Even this topic is referring to the warring aspect of a clan section.

090831004444.png

If they made an Clan Events Section it would be the most inactive section in all of Tip.it. How many clan-events topics do you see here right now? Even this topic is referring to the warring aspect of a clan section.

Skilling clans don't post because they don't feel like they have a place to post.

Skilling clans don't post because they don't feel like they have a place to post.

What would skilling clans post? I'm not flaming, that's a genuine question lol.

enzock.gif

As far as the topic of deletions go, I spent tonight and yesterday going over 300 pages of moderator logs. I can assure you the delete function was not used in the clan forum once, and used sparsely elsewhere (Marketboard was the only place I found it).

If a post does go missing, we do have private forums for deleted items, evidence and even sometimes a post a mod may be unsure of and pulls until an admin can look at it.

As always if any post ever goes missing or you feel it has been handled incorrectly by a moderator, I am always willing to talk to you about it.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln