When should I start using a combat familiar?

Italian5kamikaze

Well, im 68 summoning and for tasks I dont need a bunyip on I was wondering what familiar I should be using, Im pretty sure I have 70-71 summoning banked in charms and am always slaying.

So are there any good combat familiars that will noticeably speed up my slayer tasks? I would like some magic exp but if it will shave some time off my tasks i dont really mind it being ranged or melee based.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

They really won't help much unless you are in a multicombat area that is also agressive. That means that there are very few tasks that they help on. Personally the first combat familiar that I actually noticed doing decent damage was the Geyser Titan (Level 89) but that is way off.

Well from what I've heard, my friend \'

only use a combat familiar in MULTI combat areas (obviously), only if you have guthans/sgs though.

Bunyip all the way to Unicorn unless you can Fruit Bat and pick up the food.

Other than that, Jelly is the first good combat fam at 55, only cause of its special. Next best is any of the hunter familiars - I think the Kyatt or Graahk hit 2/3 times if they're called into battle?

Then the almight Karamauthauhtuhalaluaua Overlord. EPIC.

Other than those I have no idea.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I don't know about anyone else, but my t-bird's done quite a bit of damage during our multi-combat fights. I'm sure if you get 71, the Arctic Bear would do something too.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

That reminds me to PM Kent a little thing.

Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

@T bird. Imo you should bring a summoning potion and a tbird to every task if you have to bank because of a full inventory. You never know - Tbird lasts for a long time and can do some very low damage which can rack up.

But use a bunyip or combat familiar until you have the need of more bank space, then flip the Tbird out and put in your LOWEST costly items. Just incase you somehow take a while and your Tbird runs out without you noticing. (Wont happen dont worry.) Also because it can only hold a limit of Geepeez.

Tortoise is 5k.(?)

Terrorbird is 280gp.

Much easier to get your own seconds for Terrorbird.

I'd pick terrorbird unless you got a few shell drops.

Anyway, I meant banking for drops not for food.

If you do what I do,

Gem, Excalibur(or sdef pot), satk, sstr, and if you dont use excalibur, a dd/dds? Thats 5 spots gone, (2 when you drop vials when you finish if you do). Most tasks you'll need to bank items if you value drops over 500gp like me >_>.

Though if your task/s drop so many more good drops go with the tortoise - one ranarr overpays it.

Tortoise is 5k.(?)

Terrorbird is 280gp.

Much easier to get your own seconds for Terrorbird.

I'd pick terrorbird unless you got a few shell drops.

Anyway, I meant banking for drops not for food.

If you do what I do,

Gem, Excalibur(or sdef pot), satk, sstr, and if you dont use excalibur, a dd/dds? Thats 5 spots gone, (2 when you drop vials when you finish if you do). Most tasks you'll need to bank items if you value drops over 500gp like me >_>.

Though if your task/s drop so many more good drops go with the tortoise - one ranarr overpays it.

Or just take high-alchemie runes and only bank herbs, gems and dragon stuff.. Gets me through almost every task without banking at all..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I would seriously only use a bunyip untill 89 summoning, otherwise you waste more time eating than you'd save with the weaker combat familiars.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.