F2P brooms?

GGunitfan10

I have 3 ftp accounts that i use alot, and many of their banks are too full to store the quest reward, and not the broom. So i destroyed it becaue i could get one again form maggie right?

No...She moved to the west of the legends guild...

How will the f2p who didn't have enough room in their bank for the broom get it back?

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

My friends have told me it is not obtainable again after you destroy it unless you are member. I have yet to personally confirm it because I don't want to destroy my broom to test it. #-o

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Well that stinks... Now I've got yet one more space in my bank locked up... That is, unless I would like to do without such a nifty item for things like holidays and TET events. :(

Jagex really needs to leave a way for F2P to retrieve it. :wall:

~D. V. "Need an F2P safe point for my broom..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Brooms were only available to f2p for a week so everyone who has one. Their broom will disintegrate. =[

No, no it won't... Where did you hear that?

They will stay on your account unless you yourself destroy them, then theres no getting them back for F2P.

Indeed, mine is still resting in my bank therefore they definitely do not disintegrate.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

IMO Diango should really give them back for F2P, but I guess it was a quest and not a holiday item. *Sigh* :|
Even better, they could have had Wendy give them back in F2P, since they moved Maggie away and left her in the area... Sure would have been nice for all of those F2P players who did take the time (including me) to do that rather nice quest... Especially as that happened to be time that was spent out of their lives to do it. :geek:

*sigh* ... I guess that is Jagex Corp.'s way of committing epic fail... -.-

~Mr. "If only they wouldn't do those mistakes..." Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It's not really a big deal. I got rid of mine as soon as I got it...

I guess but it would go nice with some outfits.

:lol:

It's a broom.

Freeplayers are that desperate for outfits?

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

It's not really a big deal. I got rid of mine as soon as I got it...
I guess but it would go nice with some outfits.
:lol:

It's a broom.

Freeplayers are that desperate for outfits?

Actually, yes, we are... P2P gets invariably more combos, compared to what F2P has. It makes it insanely hard to compete with P2P players at a costume contest. :cry:

~D. V. "Some styles just get old... That's why new styles are needed." Devnull

Actually i loved just sweeping the place making everything neat and tidy i guess JAGEX are just dirty pigs rolling around in dust that could have been swept up with my ulmighty broomstick from the quest SWEPT AWAY.

If jagex happens to be browsing this topic...your not a pig..

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

I bet the conversation at Jagex went something like this:

Lackey: Hey, do we let the free players keep the broom after we take out the holiday quest?

Designer: Hmm . . . I'm not sure . . .

Forum Mod: No way! All they've been doing is complaining about how it's useless, doesn't let them ride it, and how they don't have enough bank space.

Designer: Well then, we'll make it so they can destroy it if they want and get an extra free bank space. Everyone wins, right? :roll:

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

I bet the conversation at Jagex went something like this:

Lackey: Hey, do we let the free players keep the broom after we take out the holiday quest?

Designer: Hmm . . . I'm not sure . . .

Forum Mod: No way! All they've been doing is complaining about how it's useless, doesn't let them ride it, and how they don't have enough bank space.

Designer: Well then, we'll make it so they can destroy it if they want and get an extra free bank space. Everyone wins, right? :roll:

Good point...

Anyway, this was not an attempt at "epic fail". Jagex always told everyone this quest will be p2p only, so no point in complaining...

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Ahem! Quote From Mod Mark H on RSOF:

Hi everybody!

It has come to our attention that a number of Free to Play players are unsure how to finish the "Swept Away" quest.

If you *started* the Quest during Halloween, and are not a member, you can still complete the quest without upgrading to membership.

All you need to do is talk to Wendy, who is in the same spot as she was during Halloween (South-west of Falador, where the giftbox minimap icon was). She will teleport you to Maggie so you can finish the quest.

You will also need to speak to Maggie if you want to get your broom back, Diango is not a purveyor in magical broomsticks I am afraid. ;)

If you didn't start the Halloween quest, then I am afraid you will need to upgrade to a membership account in order to start it.

Just talk to Wendy and you can get your broom back. ;)

And have you actually tried this information for yourself? F2P players should not have to face the upset of being totally without it because bad advice was posted. :ugeek:

~Mr. "I'd love to hear further proof." Devnull