Marijuana, why isn't it legalized?

aeternitatis

Marijuana makes about 100 times stronger addiction then coffee. Plus, if you are coffeeholic, you can live some days in a row without coffee, but as a drug addict, you will get physical pains.

Want to show me a source that proves that other than the bull[cabbage] propaganda they feed you at school. If you even bothered researching it you would realise that even caffeine is more physically addictive than Marijuana and in the long term can be more destructive. Marijuana has been proven to be non-physically addictive, the tobacco mixed with it is but that can be solved with many simple things such as nicotine patches or nicotine gum.

I'm guessing you've never even tried Marijuana or properly researched it.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually on a mixed issue when it comes to marijuana and trying to explain my beliefs would take hours to think of, so I will open with an example:

As we all know, alchohol was illegal in during the prohibition era. The only thing the beverage would affect is the person drinking it irresponsibly. Anyway, you had criminals like Al Capone who was smuggling alchohol and because of that, the demand for it increased due to the risk involved. If you know about Al Capone, you would know about the multiple people dead (most of them innocent).

I will probably do more research about marijuana being banned, but for the most part, illegal drugs cost a lot because of the risk involved and usually people end up dying due to the demand. If drugs were legal and were being sold at stores, then more likely the demand would die. Just my two cents though.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Marijuana makes about 100 times stronger addiction then coffee. Plus, if you are coffeeholic, you can live some days in a row without coffee, but as a drug addict, you will get physical pains.

That's false my friend. Marijuana doesn't contain any physical addiction/pains if you stop using it or just in general. It most certainly isn't more addictive than coffee, I think you worded that the other way around.

DaBulls.jpg

So your saying that Marijuana, like alcohol and tobacco can and is used destructively by many?

Um... I'm not saying that at all (although I won't disagree with such a claim). Let's revisit your claims:

"Its illegal because it has high potential to be used in a destructive manner."

This is not why marijuana was prohibited.

". . . it has high potential to be used in a destructive manner."

If by "destructive" you mean violence, theft and other criminal activities being destructive to society, then no, marijuana use has not shown to pose these risks at all. These myths did help contribute to the prohibition of marijuana in the United States, though...

". . . governments around the world know the extent of their errors in legalizing alcohol and tobacco use . . ."

Perhaps you mean prohibiting? The American Prohibition was a fine demonstration of the errors that arise when a drug of high demand is prohibited by means of the law.

"Errors" like a high incidence of alcohol and tobacco related deaths/injuries/addictions are not caused by the 'legalization' of these commodities. People who abuse alcohol do so without regard for the laws surrounding its use -- in fact, prohibition of alcohol has shown to increase the rates of abuse.

Dont compare Weed "dependence" with heroin addiction.

I'm not. Just saying that there is no reason to look down on any addiction, whether it be psychological or physical or both, as "pathetic."

Weed 100x more addicting that caffeine...

HAHAHA.

Some of you may know this but..

Michigan passed their medical weed proposal during the election <3: one more step in the right direction.

and it got decriminalized somewhere else. I forgot the state.

Quoi_Tu and Venomai...

If you haven't already go and download the movie "The Union"

make your own opinion on it, some may say propaganda, but to each there own right..

Torrent it, It's on pirate bay.

if you feel guilty about "pirating it" go ahead,

but this is one of those documentaries that would love the exposure.

It was decriminalised in Massachusetts.

Personally, I would favour decriminalisation everywhere as current laws don't seem to be working. Obviously the hope is that people use it responsibly, and those with genetic predisposition know that it can be bad for them. Check out this video for an interesting look into the link between marijuana and psychosis for those with genetic predisposition.

I don't think you get the point. Necro was saying it's pathetic to get addicted to weed. Venomai was saying that it happens, and it's not all that pathetic - just like being addicted to heroin isn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was talking about the junkies specifically. Just the idea of becoming addicted in the first place.

Was about to start ranting that people didn't understand what I ment, then you summed it up pretty much. The idea itself, it's pathetic. Ofcourse I've had moment that I'd say "Darn, I'd like to roll one now and enjoy" but being addicted to MJ? No.

Don't compare Heroin to MJ, please.

;>

I have no personal opinion as to whether it is legal or not, but you all do realize if it is legalized the first thing Uncle Sam is going to do to it is tax the living hell out of it right?

In the long run it would probably end up being cheaper to fight the possession charges than pay for all the taxes. :D

Miami_14.png

I'm not straightxedge, or any stupid trend like that, but let me ask this this. Is your life really not that rewarding to the point where you have to smoke some strange herb so you can have a fun time..?

like really?

Go smoke a joint and listen to music and you'll understand why weed is so special

You don't just hear the music, you feel it.

I'm not straightxedge, or any stupid trend like that, but let me ask this this. Is your life really not that rewarding to the point where you have to smoke some strange herb so you can have a fun time..?

like really?

Go smoke a joint and listen to music and you'll understand why weed is so special

Don't forget:

-Thinking everything is funny

-Being lost in your own thoughts

-Appreciating the taste of food and drinks more

-Grasping concepts you never understood before

-Helping you connect with others

Basically it just makes you appreciate the world around you more.

Been there done that, I wouldn't open my mouth if I haven't experienced it.

I can still come up with a better time then that though, then having damage my body with a foul smelling herb.

and trust me, I'm not edge. I just despise marijuana.

It's stupid, and look at the people who participate in the ingestion of this herb...?

really, I think you guys could find a whole lot better out there.

Octopus.jpg

like really?

Don't forgot:

-Thinking everything is funny

-Being lost in your own thoughts

-Appreciating the taste of food and drinks more

-Grasping concepts you never understood before

-Helping you connect with others

Basically it just makes you appreciate the world around you more.

"helping connect with others"

seriously...? you don't have the social capabilities to connect with another human being, you have to "get high" to connect? wow.

I'm not trying to sound so blunt, but seriously.. think.

Octopus.jpg

Do you even know what straightedge means? If you seriously do other drugs then there is no reason you should have that kind of mentality about marijuana. Damn, you're ignorant.

"helping connect with others"

seriously...? you don't have the social capabilities to connect with another human being, you have to "get high" to connect? wow.

I'm not trying to sound so blunt, but seriously.. think.

Keyword: more

Did you miss it or something? And yes I think smoking marijuana with friends is a very sociable activity and it definitely brings people closer from what I've seen. In no way does did I imply that you have 0 social skills before you get high.

PS: I think it's completely acceptable that you despise marijuana. I despise ignorance. :)

I said I wasn't edge, that doesn't mean I do drugs.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

"make a commitment to refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drug"

wikipedia definition of edge.

You never specified that it would be a social activity.

I just think that the whole concept is stupid.

and the smell, and the taste.

and it's not THAT great being high.

I've had alot greater times sober.

sorry to get your panties all up in a bunch.

Octopus.jpg

Alcohol and tobacco aren't drugs?? :roll: Do some research man!

You never specified that it would be a social activity.

Never expected someone to jump down my throat for saying that.

I love them both.

That's just your opinion. I can easily counter than by saying it is great.

And so have I. But that doesn't mean it's stupid to smoke at all. Just because you can go without it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. You can live without candy and video games right?

sorry to get your panties all up in a bunch.

I'm wearing boxers, thank you. :mrgreen:

Marijuana Fact one: it is not part of the PHYSICAL addiction category such as alcohol, cocaine, ect...

it can be addicting to the user MENTALLY.. ex: "i NEED to smoke man" refers to a person not liking the sober way of life and would like to get high, hence mental addiction.

Marijuana is not ADDICTIVE, it is habit forming, like coffe, addiction is a physical process, habituation is a psychological process, anything can form a habit.

of course websites and people like scholastic, and anyone with a influence to children will say its addicting.. schools ect.. but dont listen to the media... smoke up :-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (how appropriate the guy with the smiles name is Mr Green..)

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

excuse me then, recreational drugs I don't participate in anymore, but I've had my fair share of experiences.

I'm not so favorable to the plant in general, but we all have our opinions, right?

But I mean, if you've had better times sober, then why do you need to smoke it? catch my drift? I don't need to alter my sobriety to have fun, but that's just me.

Oh, and excuse me sorry for getting your boxers all up in a bunch. =P~

and sorry if I sound pretty ignorant, but I just really, really really yeah, despise it.

wit eveything in me.

aahaha,

Octopus.jpg

But I mean, if you've had better times sober, then why do you need to smoke it? catch my drift? I don't need to alter my sobriety to have fun, but that's just me.

I have fun being sober, but sometimes I have more fun being high. I bet you have fun while not playing video games, but you still play them anyways. Why should we limit ourselves and our personal experiences to the bare necessities of life?

being addicted to MJ? No.

It's pretty ignorant to assume that psychological dependence is nothing serious.

Don't compare Heroin to MJ, please.

I'll say it again... I am not comparing a marijuana addiction to heroin addiction. :roll:

Ven, legalizing it would be one thing, but to hope that there would be no age restrictions/regulations on it is a bit too optimistic.

I'm not suggesting we remove age limitations altogether, I'm suggesting that it would be unwise to create yet another "forbidden fruit" for those under 21. High age restrictions and zero-tolerance policies are counterproductive if our ultimate goal is to reduce its use and abuse among youth.

I know a couple of potheads and, well, let's just say they're not the most productive members of society.

I hope you aren't stupid enough to use this as an argument for its prohibition. :|

I know a couple of Christians who believe the Earth is several thousand years old...

Is your life really not that rewarding to the point where you have to smoke some strange herb so you can have a fun time..?

Substitute the above with any recreational activity: video games, sports, art, casual sex, etc.

Drug use is, for many, yet another thing that can add pleasure to an already rewarding life.

Personal differences. I love the smell and the taste, and I enjoy the high. The majority of people do.

Same here, but that doesn't mean I don't also have a good time while high. More importantly, on some days my time is better spent high than sober.

Even if you personally don't like the drug, just as I personally don't like sardines, surely you can understand the importance of law reform? Something that would likely not only reduce its use and abuse, but also boost tax revenue, increase medical potential and much more.

Marijuana Fact one: it is not part of the PHYSICAL addiction category such as alcohol, cocaine, ect...

it can be addicting to the user MENTALLY.. ex: "i NEED to smoke man" refers to a person not liking the sober way of life and would like to get high, hence mental addiction.

Marijuana is not ADDICTIVE, it is habit forming, like coffe, addiction is a physical process, habituation is a psychological process, anything can form a habit.

of course websites and people like scholastic, and anyone with a influence to children will say its addicting.. schools ect.. but dont listen to the media... smoke up :-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (how appropriate the guy with the smiles name is Mr Green..)

Psychological dependence is, as I've said, not something to be taken so lightly. :| It has destroyed thousands of careers, educations and social lives. For some, withdrawal symptoms can be pretty horrible, and it's not uncommon for them to contribute to continued use. Psychological dependence is one hell of an expensive "habit."