My guide to cannoning yaks amazing way to train

ill be adding to this guide with more info

so basically you will need a cannon and bronze knifes

just stand outside the gate with cannon resting on the entrance

and easy range exp and good rates (exact coming soon) and is cheaper than chinning but alot faster than normal

equipment

you could use dhide/arma and ranger boots + fury if you want

guide1.jpg

(oh and obviously you need a cannon #-o )

and a estimate of 100k-140k exp per hour and 300k in cannonballs (or less) remember this exp is the cannon's normal exp + a slightly lowered normal knifes at yaks exp making this better than daggs

updated video :P

wouldn't it be better to put the cannon in the middle of yak field? you'd hit more yaks, also stand in the field bc the yaks with then auto attack you and you don't have to click them.

this is a single combat zone so if you put cannon in middle you would get attacked therefore stopping you attacking more than one, as you can see in the video when i step in

but if you are not in combat with any of them (ranging them doesn't count) then you can have multiple targets

[hide=unrelated]failness.jpg[/hide]

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You get the idea of what to do, although it could be better

Include things like: exp rates, best gear to use, how much it costs to use cannon etc.

Looking forward to seeing it once its finished :D

P.s: I lol'ed at the sig

d8624cb6e2.png

Barrows drops: 1 Karils skirt on first run :twss:

Nice guide so far, can't wait to see the finished one.

I was just wondering how it is cheaper than chinning, cannonballs probably only cost 30% of what 1 chinchompa costs, but during chinning at skeletons ONE chinchompa can hit up to 900% the number of NPC's compared to ONE cannonball. I however don't know how high you generally hit with chinchompa's so you might be right in what you say but it just didn't make sense to me at first.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Interesting idea, although there are other methods with a cannon that get nearly the same exp and less loss. I also really doubt that it is 100k range exp an hour but I could be wrong. Xp/gp ratio would be nice as well.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Interesting idea, although there are other methods with a cannon that get nearly the same exp and less loss. I also really doubt that it is 100k range exp an hour but I could be wrong. Xp/gp ratio would be nice as well.

im working on it

and its cannon exp plus knifes at yaks exp

you hit 2-5 yaks per turn and you hit an average of 23 because of awful rnage defense on yaks

you can get 60k exp from the cannon quite easy and 40k from the normal yak knifeing

and it clears everyone away quite quickly :lol:

i would say its better money wise than chins (but using bone bolts is even better if you get what im saying)

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

wouldnt it be better to put the cannon in the middle of yak field? you'd hit more yaks, also stand in the field bc the yaks with then auto attack you and you dont have to click them.

this is a single combat zone so if you put cannon in middle you would get attacked therefore stopping you attacking more than one

but if you are not in combat with any of them (ranging them doesnt count) then you can have multiple targets

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Wait can I even use a pure with a low range level for this? :o

And I lose 300k per hour to gain 100k range xp, did I understand correctly?

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Wait can I even use a pure with a low range level for this? :o

And I lose 300k per hour to gain 100k range xp, did I understand correctly?

no reason why you cant this with a pure

but this wont be as fast with a lower range lv

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
I'll use this as a break from ice troll cannoning when i have some cash to blow. TY

EDIT: LOL what a coincidence @ seeing you there 999, after what you told me I've bought 6.5k cballs and a load of bronze knives :D

well it was world 99 :twss:

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You spelt the title wrong its cannoning not cannoing.

I read it and thought it was a guide about killing yaks using a canoe to get there #-o

[hide=A few spelling mistakes fixed]

ill be adding to this guide with more info

so basically you will need a cannon and bronze knifes

just stand outside the gate with cannon resting on the entrance

and easy range exp and good rates (exact coming soon) and is cheaper than chinning but alot faster than normal

equipment

you could use dhide/arma and ranger boots + fury if you want

guide1.jpg

(oh and obviously you need a cannon #-o )

and a estimate of 100k-140k exp per hour and 300k in cannonballs (or less) remember this exp is the cannon's normal exp + a slightly lowered normal knifes at yaks exp making this better than daggs

wouldn't it be better to put the cannon in the middle of yak field? you'd hit more yaks, also stand in the field bc the yaks with then auto attack you and you dont have to click them.

this is a single combat zone so if you put cannon in middle you would get attacked therefore stopping you attacking more than one, as you can see in the video when i step in

but if you are not in combat with any of them (ranging them doesn't count) then you can have multiple targets

[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

What's the point of using bronze knives? With a 300k cost in cannonballs, practically any ammunition would not make much of a difference.

EDIT: Forgot that the accumulator wouldn't pick up your ammo. My point still stands, though, for example a crystal bow might cost like 70-80k an hour at the most which is nothing compared to the cannonballs.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What's the point of using bronze knives? With a 300k cost in cannonballs, practically any ammunition would not make much of a difference.

EDIT: Forgot that the accumulator wouldn't pick up your ammo. My point still stands, though, for example a crystal bow might cost like 70-80k an hour at the most which is nothing compared to the cannonballs.

i suppose it wouldnt hurt to use crystal bow

but bronze knifes hardly count as any cost :)

its 700k for 50k which lasts to 99 :S

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Have you even thought about testing this? Let's put it this way

Ok, we'll be generous and go with 120k XP per hour. Given your 88 range, we'll assume that with reloading cannon you average 40k XP per hour. That leaves us with cannon getting 80k XP per hour. With 1.6k cannonballs. Now, cannonballs miss about once every 6 times on yaks, so we can factor out 300 cannonballs. That leaves us with 1.3k cannonballs with which to get our 80k XP. Now, yaks end up getting KOed with 1s or hit by 2 cannonballs at low HP, making for some cannonballs that don't get a full hit. With a max of 30, we can assume our average hit to be 15, making for 4 hit kills on yaks. This will, on average, halve the XP from 1 out of every 4 cannon balls, or 0 XP from 1 out of 8 cannonballs. This reduces our cannonballs that actually get XP by 162, leaving us with 1.16k cannonballs. to Another note is the 'double shot' tendency, wherein 2 cannonballs are fired, but only 1 hits because the first one kills the yak. This happens about once every 5th KO shot, making for another 1 out of 20 cannonballs missing. This cuts an additional 58 cannonballs out, leaving us with a grand total of 1.1k cannonballs getting the full XP. 80k XP is 40k damage, in the 1.1k cannonballs. This gives us an average of 36.4 damage per cannonball. Oops...

Let's do this realistically now. We'll use the same 1.6k cannonballs per hour, 1.1k getting the full hits. Max hit of cannon is 30, making the average hit 15. 1.1k X 15 = 16.5k damage, or 33k XP per hour. Add this to the 40k from knives (Cannons take a lot of time to constantly reload at yaks; every time you get hit, you are forced wait a while before attacking again, and the constant running and out + fast yak deaths limits the XP of knives), for a total of 73k XP per hour; at most a 20k boost above knives alone, and at a much higher cost. Unless you make 1m+ per hour, this is obviously not worth it. In the event you DO make that much, chinchompas are FAR better, at 240k XP\hour at a cost of 480k; we can do 2 hours of chins + 1 hour of money earning for 160k XP\hour, instead of 73k.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks