Picture of the Stone of Jas?

Amundogus2

The fist of guthix looks almost identical to the stone of jas dipiced by Jagex. If anything is the stone of jas, I would vote for that (the FoG)

Of course, feel free to think that. I am just proposing that this MIGHT be the Stone of Jas. And as previously mentioned, I think I have a good deal of evidence to back that up.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but would you feature a large normal, but crimson, stone on your front page? Didn't think so :) And isn't the location somewhat supicious to you?

As for the colour changing thing.... I doubt it. Firstly, it doesn't have a will. It's magical, but it's still a stone :P Secondly, why would it be described as crimson several times when it can infact change colour?

um we dont have any evidence if it has a will or not (clearly it was a joke but if you want to argue about it ...) , the magic it self can change its colour , shape , size etc.

and yes - this is jagex , they can realease a big guy with green robes with guthix spelled on the bottom of the picture , but it doesnt meen that is guthix ya know ...

and last but not least - its called STONE of jas , but it doesnt actually mean its a stone .. I doubt the TEARS of guthix are tears too , its metaphorical ..

Fair enough, but as it's called the Stone of Jas, I'm gonna guess that it's not something living. And as it's not something living, I doubt it has a will. I can of course not be sure though.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Please note the "?" at the end of my title people ::' I'm not saying it definitely is the Stone of Jas, but it just doesn't look like a normal stone to me.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

It's just a non descript circular object, people jump to too many conclusions :wall: :wall:

Exactly what I'm thinking. That's like pointing to a table and saying 'It's 100% teak because it's made of wood'.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Fair enough, but as it's called the Stone of Jas, I'm gonna guess that it's not something living. And as it's not something living, I doubt it has a will. I can of course not be sure though.

it might be a rock crab lol :D

its might be living , just not a thing we concider to be living ... a golem has a limited will but he is not a living creature ... it might be just a magical artifact with "programmed" will and abilities (check the last chapter of psyren and you will get what I am talking about ..)

In the boosk found in baba yagas and the lunar isle about the rune essence and altars we are told rune essence is unique in that it desires to be something else

and that the altars were created by taking large slabs of essence to points where various magical energies were strong and willing them to hold that power, essentially creating a giant rune that when essence is held near it to will become that power due to its will to be something else.

Now essence is a stone and has a will.

We know the stone of jas is the origin of magic AND runes therefore it is quite likely though not definite the stone has a will.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's just a non descript circular object, people jump to too many conclusions :wall: :wall:

Exactly what I'm thinking. That's like pointing to a table and saying 'It's 100% teak because it's made of wood'.

*Points to my post just one post above yours*.

it might be a rock crab lol :D

its might be living , just not a thing we concider to be living ... a golem has a limited will but he is not a living creature ... it might be just a magical artifact with "programmed" will and abilities (check the last chapter of psyren and you will get what I am talking about ..)

Lol god I hope it's not a rock crab on the front page ::' It might be that it has a will, although I still doubt it. I still don't think it can change colour though.

In the boosk found in baba yagas and the lunar isle about the rune essence and altars we are told rune essence is unique in that it desires to be something else

and that the altars were created by taking large slabs of essence to points where various magical energies were strong and willing them to hold that power, essentially creating a giant rune that when essence is held near it to will become that power due to its will to be something else.

Now essence is a stone and has a will.

We know the stone of jas is the origin of magic AND runes therefore it is quite likely though not definite the stone has a will.

Thats very interesting and a good point. As I said to the guy above, I doubt it has a will and am almost certain it can't change colour though.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

No, you said you had almost overwhelming evidence that it was the Stone of Jas.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

No, you said you had almost overwhelming evidence that it was the Stone of Jas.

Yea, because it fits the desciption of the Stone of Jas so well, aswell as the location. Overwhelming evidence doesn't necessarily meen that it's definitely the Stone of Jas. But I guess I exaggerated a bit, so I will edit that for ya ;)

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Please note the "?" at the end of my title people ::' I'm not saying it definitely is the Stone of Jas, but it just doesn't look like a normal stone to me.

Yes but anytime makes an argument against it you seem to feel the need to throw the "b-but its crimson and round" thing out there. You can't make a topic and expect to not have some kind of argument against your theory.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Yes but anytime makes an argument against it you seem to feel the need to throw the "b-but its crimson and round" thing out there. You can't make a topic and expect to not have some kind of argument against your theory.

You meen the "It has the right shape, colour, location and look"-argument ::' But yea, I see your point.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Overall, I think this is almost overwhelming evidence that the stone in the picture IS the Stone of Jas.

Even if Jagex did intend for that to be the Stone of Jas in the picture, it's not conclusive evidence for anything.

But it is..... for the fact that the stone in the picture is the Stone of Jas.... might have misunderstood you :)

Please note the "?" at the end of my title people ::'I'm not saying it definitely is the Stone of Jas, but it just doesn't look like a normal stone to me.
What more can I add?

Not only that mess, but the color of the stone is not crimson. It's more of an orange, like my highlighting.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Overall, I think this is almost overwhelming evidence that the stone in the picture IS the Stone of Jas.

Even if Jagex did intend for that to be the Stone of Jas in the picture, it's not conclusive evidence for anything.

But it is..... for the fact that the stone in the picture is the Stone of Jas.... might have misunderstood you :)

Please note the "?" at the end of my title people ::'I'm not saying it definitely is the Stone of Jas, but it just doesn't look like a normal stone to me.
What more can I add?

Not only that mess, but the color of the stone is not crimson. It's more of an orange, like my highlighting.

Yea, I know I exaggerated a bit, was probably too excited #-o I already edited it though. As for the stone in the picture looking orange, I think thats just because it's lighted up by something.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Yea, I know I exaggerated a bit, was probably too excited #-o I already edited it though. As for the stone in the picture looking orange, I think thats just because it's lighted up by something.
That may be it, and I'm sorry if I came off a bit harsh. I've just seen one too many banner threads to take them seriously I guess.

Hmm, as a certified historian *cough* I must say Amundogus, that you jump to conclusions way too fast. The Ancient Page you were referring to is this one:

A momentary flash but I saw it! Hornless but the same deep crimson of its set-mates. A glorious thing to see, guarded by the creatures in the upper galleries. I must have it, I will have it!

Now I can see that you might interpret this as the Stone of Jas, but there are some things I don't get. Why does he call the Stone 'hornless'? And what are these 'setmates' he is referring to?

I think (and with me many others, looking at the replies) that you read this, got an idea and now you present this idea as if it was undenieable truth, the only logical outcome. Let me tell you, it is not. This sentence right here sums it all up nicely:

You meen the "It has the right shape, colour, location and look"-argument ::' But yea, I see your point.

You don't have any proof it's the right colour, now do you? You don't have any proof at all it's the right shape, do you? You don't have any proof at all it has the right look, do you? Well? Do you?

To me it looks like a Runecrafting Altar, because it's round like a Runecrafting altar, the same size as an ingame Runecrafting Altar and in a cave like multiple Runecrafting Altars. And that, my friend, was a good point I made with solid proof.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

To me it looks like a Runecrafting Altar, because it's round like a Runecrafting altar, the same size as an ingame Runecrafting Altar and in a cave like multiple Runecrafting Altars.
Soul altar? :shock:

That'd make for a good reward at the end of our Grandmaster Quest.

I may be blind or something, but I can't really see anything besides two goblins and a red background. :|

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Hmm, as a certified historian *cough* I must say Amundogus, that you jump to conclusions way too fast. The Ancient Page you were referring to is this one:

A momentary flash but I saw it! Hornless but the same deep crimson of its set-mates. A glorious thing to see, guarded by the creatures in the upper galleries. I must have it, I will have it!

Now I can see that you might interpret this as the Stone of Jas, but there are some things I don't get. Why does he call the Stone 'hornless'? And what are these 'setmates' he is referring to?

I think (and with me many others, looking at the replies) that you read this, got an idea and now you present this idea as if it was undenieable truth, the only logical outcome. Let me tell you, it is not. This sentence right here sums it all up nicely:

You don't have any proof it's the right colour, now do you? You don't have any proof at all it's the right shape, do you? You don't have any proof at all it has the right look, do you? Well? Do you?

To me it looks like a Runecrafting Altar, because it's round like a Runecrafting altar, the same size as an ingame Runecrafting Altar and in a cave like multiple Runecrafting Altars. And that, my friend, was a good point I made with solid proof.

Oh, right, thats the Ancient page. I agree that it doesn't look very convincing :oops: But there was a thread made by a forum mod on the RSOF where it didn't seem like there were much doubt about the colour of the Stone being crimson. He had other sources than just the Ancient page, but I cant remember them right now. But I thought we knew the Stone was circular? I thought that was kind of a given.... oh well, don't wanna go up against Hippodo :o I have seen enough of your posts to know that you are much more knowledgeable about this than I am :lol:

But about the RC altar theory, it doesn't really look like it has a flat top like the other altars. And it looks red/crimson, and most other altars have grey as the main colour. And I don't think a soul altar would be crimson... but you never know. Might be the light that is playing tricks on us :)

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I may be blind or something, but I can't really see anything besides two goblins and a red background. :|

In the middle there is what looks like the top of a huge crimson/orange/red stone.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

:lol: I agree there.

sometimes I think, people force themselves to see what they want to see :roll:

I just see a red background, with some lighter highlights in it.

as for this stone of jas thing...no pic, no proof tbh :?

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

It's not exactly hidden.... it's the huge red top of a rock in the middle of the picture... I'm definitely not kidding myself :D

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

It's not exactly hidden.... it's the huge red top of a rock in the middle of the picture... I'm definitely not kidding myself :D

well to be honest I thought at first it was a red/yellow-ish honeycomb affect cool abstract background, besides not enough can be seen of it to say that is the stone of jas

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

It kinda looks like a planet to me with cloud formations! :lol:

omg maybe the stone of jas is a planet with cloud formations :shock:

I think you're taking this way too far. Looks like just a rune essence stone to me, which would go with the whole RUNEscape banner thing...

Except it's not the banner, it's the picture for the log in buttons. And the fact that rune essence isn't crimson, nor is it circular (the one you mine the ess from).

Ok whatever, banner, login button, same thing.

And I don't think the stone is crimson. Looks a lot more like there's a fiery background, which just makes the stone glow orange/red.