Myths?

DragonFirenze

Anyone got any myths they'd like to share?

Eg. Red cars go faster.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

Ever watch Myth Busters on the discovery channel? Thats interesting. They try to find out if myths are true or not by doing experiments. One time they wanted to see if someone could break glass with their voice, and after a lot of attemps and much tiring screaming they eventually got a guy to shatter the glass.

lope6jw0.jpg

Ever watch Myth Busters on the discovery channel? Thats interesting. They try to find out if myths are true or not by doing experiments. One time they wanted to see if someone could break glass with their voice, and after a lot of attemps and much tiring screaming they eventually got a guy to shatter the glass.

Oooh poor Buster! :lol:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

yeh i love that show,

see the myth were if u drop like a hammer first 2 break the water before u hit it, lets just say mith busted

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

I was tempted to simply say "God" lol, but i didnt want to turn this into another religious debate :P

Theres so many great Myths and Urban Legends on http://www.snopes.com I read it pretty much everyday its so interesting especially the ones that are true.

Ive seen mythbusters a few times and i didnt think it was that good. Great concept but the presenters are a bit annoying. The one the other weed was finding out if a person could get sucked out of a plane if a gunshot went thru the window. In the end they blew up the entire side of the plane lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I love that show yet I can't help feel bad for poor buster (even though he is only a plastic dummy)

Is myth Busters kind of like Brainiac on Sky One? They run through an endless supply of caravans. They tested whether using your mobile phone in a petrol station was risky - it's not, but don't mess with static electricity around petrol - BOOM! hehe :lol:

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Brainiac is miles better than Myth Busters.

In MB they are like "I wonder if you can make someone poo thair pants with a high pitched noise" and in Brainiac they are like "I wonder what happens when you put Caesium in a bathtub" lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

"I wonder if you can make someone poo thair pants with a high pitched noise"

Brown noise. Raw signal oscillating at the exact same frequency as the colon, causes your bowels to release themselves. They use it as a war weapon sometimes, after all - soliders with crappy pants arn't gonna be at peak physical performance

logo.jpg

Theres a dutch woman that can scream upto 123 decibells, thats a little harder than a plane taking off :P

I bet she could break windows screaming

Dunno if it has to do with decibels when breaking stuff, I think it might be the frequency of the wave.

Correct. I'm no physics master but i'm pretty sure the sound has to be played at the right note, as well as a high volume.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Theres another program on TLC called, Mostly true stories.

Myth Busters is better IMO though...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I watched the brown note ep last night, it was totally busted. Its not the sound because its lower than 10 megawatts or something which is below the human ear's capibility (we cant hear it). Its the wavelengths of the note that causes you to lose control, become nausous and disoriented.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

Theres another program on TLC called, Mostly true stories.

Myth Busters is better IMO though...

Yeah I've seen that too but I don't watch it too often, I agree that myth busters is still way better

Ooooh I love the show MythBusters! :D

I liked the one where they filled a boat with like 50k ping pong balls to make it float again... I found it funny for some reason. :? :lol: :wink: