Get Off Your Fat Tocuses and Fix It Already!

Ravenkana

Every time I open Runescape, I hear the Halloween music. The first few times it was great when, you know, the event was actually here. But a week later it got a wee bit tedious. Two weeks it got down right annoying. Not because I particularly LIKE the Runescape theme, but because it represents something: laziness.

Anyone playing Stealing Creation must admit that it is a pretty fun game. But equally obvious is the fact that it needs to be fixed. Skillers get no exp for their efforts while killers do. Half the tools are bugged and useless. The rewards, quite frankly, tank. The armor is too low leveled and the afore mentioned tools have more bugs than an ant farm. I assumed that they would be fixed in the week of release or the next one. But you know what is said about assume.

And finally, PvP worlds. A Pker's dream that quickly became a nightmare. With one itemers more numerous than a zerg swarm, people capable of teleporting in practically every environ, and totally random drops, sweet victory quickly became ash in their collective mouth. Kills are hard to come by in member worlds, what with one click teleports immune to teleblock, and nigh impossible in free worlds. Now, when searching for a world with a low population, the bottom five or six are ALWAYS PvP worlds. And where are the fixes? How long ago was THIS gem released? Once again, we see little action by Jagex to correct an update.

Now, before you say it, I know I couldn't do a better job. Even if I could, I would be unable to fix this as I do NOT work for Jagex. The problem is that Jagex cares FAR more for future updates than old or current ones. Other than a lick of paint, how often do older updates (excluding skills) really get fixed? Ok, they DID cancel Dancing with Monsters, and helped prevent hitchhikers from boarding the Trawler, but their current inactivity towards some rather large updates is... irksome at best.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Nice rant, I agree with almost everything here. I always tend to groan "finally, after 6 months" whenever I see some of the more obvious fixes. Just one thing... ever considered that we might have a new theme music right now? It was about time for a bit of change.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Nice rant, I agree with almost everything here. I always tend to groan "finally, after 6 months" whenever I see some of the more obvious fixes. Just one thing... ever considered that we might have a new theme music right now? It was about time for a bit of change.
Yeah but... dark and gloomy? Does this signal that the taint of Morytania will spread throughout Runescape and we shall all come under the iron heel of the Draken Dynasty?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

As already said, great rant, and I whole heartedly agree. I just noticed that they finally fixed the glitch with Torag Platebody, and that occured right after the bank update some months ago. :wall: As far as I know the other glitches with Barrows and lots of other armour pieces have yet to be fixed. I fear this quantity over quality mindset Jagex has seem to taken a liking too will lead to a drop in the games popularity.

And after hearing that most of the tools from SC don't work I think I'll pass on wasting time to get them until they're fixed. #-o

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

And after hearing that most of the tools from SC don't work I think I'll pass on wasting time to get them until they're fixed. #-o

Ditto. Plus, with the removal of all exp, I'm trying to finish DT as fast as I can so I can get some free barrage experience. And it appears that, when they get off there fat tocuses, they take their sweet time about it- all they promise for the fixes is by that they'll be here by the end of the year.

I think that Jagex has lost contact with the players, and have no idea what they want. They should at least try to find out:

'Ok, if there was some armour with these stats and these experience bonuses, would you use it?'

'If there was an item which randomly changed into different tools and gave these experience bonuses, lasted for this long, and cost this amount of time to obtain each, would you use it?'

'In the upcoming PvP worlds, which set of rules would you think would be the most enjoyable?'

'If there was this potion which boosted these skills but lowered these skills, and took this much effort to get, would you use it?'

Dilute actual item ideas with plenty of red herring ideas, and there you go. Jagex has forgotten the importance of the players.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I wish they'd just take a month where they don't release ANY new content at all, and they work on earlier things that are messed up.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I think that Jagex has lost contact with the players, and have no idea what they want. They should at least try to find out:

'Ok, if there was some armour with these stats and these experience bonuses, would you use it?'

'If there was an item which randomly changed into different tools and gave these experience bonuses, lasted for this long, and cost this amount of time to obtain each, would you use it?'

'In the upcoming PvP worlds, which set of rules would you think would be the most enjoyable?'

'If there was this potion which boosted these skills but lowered these skills, and took this much effort to get, would you use it?'

Dilute actual item ideas with plenty of red herring ideas, and there you go. Jagex has forgotten the importance of the players.

Yeah I think that would be a great idea. Somehow I doubt they'd ever do that, but they would certainly be wise to...

I can't remember where I heard this story, and I'm basically just paraphrasing, but there was a University that had a problem with students not walking on the paved walkways and cutting across the grass. So what they did was they tore out the pavement and observed where the students walked. So they paved the paths across which the students walked... and they never had a problem with students walking on the grass ever again.

If Jagex would be more open to their players about the fine details of their future updates and listen to the feedback of the people that actually play the friggin' game I don't think they'd ever have that big of a problem balancing things out. Of course the final decisions would still be theirs, but at least they would know where they stand before they ever even released something.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess they're not fixing these things because they're fixing OTHER things.
Or they're making new content. Though they DID remove the Hallows Eve music, and gave a fix to PvP worlds. And Stealing Creation should be updated in a week or two.

I wish they'd just take a month where they don't release ANY new content at all, and they work on earlier things that are messed up.

Great idea. Call it 'The Big Fix Month' or something, just to provide a theme and focus to what they are going to do. Sometimes people value small fixes as much as big updates.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Get Off Your Fat Tocuses and Fix It Already!

this is probably what your mother hears every day at lunch time

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

I agree.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one