The Corruption - A History (warning long post)

ThatCoolGuy

Well last week I decided I would redo a lot of Corruption's history, since it hasn't been edited in an awful long time. I'm going to be working on it this week, updating it over today to friday.

I figured since a lot of you here probably haven't read it, I would share it with you guys. It might also help give you a better understanding of our past, and what we've gone through as a clan :)

So without further adieu, here is Chapter One.

Chapter One

Overview of the Founders

Because of the fact that before The Corruption was started each of the founding leaders had already been involved in the clan world for a long period of time, this will give you a brief profile as to what exactly they accomplished before creating this clan.

Pure Knights: Prior to the creation of The Corruption, was formerly known as "Ultra Evil". Former Leader of the "Dark Forces" in Runescape Classic, and Founding member of the original Alliance of Darkness. A Stat Wipe (all stats reset to 1, including Hitpoints temporarily until changed) ended the use of the character Ultra Evil. Looking to move on from the past, and create a new image, Pure Knights became his character of use.

Clever Ninja: Former leader/co-leader of "The Ninjas" clan, and long time friend of Pure Knights. Was promoted to Leader after Kidn Ninja stepped down from leadership. Was another founding member of the Alliance of Darkness.

Mortamus: Former leader of "The Musketeers" and another long time friend of both Clever Ninja and Pure Knights. The Musketeers were one of the clans that supported the Alliance of Darkness (AoD) and eventually joined the alliance, helping to form one of the largest alliances of clans in Runescape.

Sekalodnal: A man with a character named after a milk company (Lando Lakes) Sekalodnal was a former supporter of The Syndicate. After some disputes within The Syndicate, Sekalodnal sided with the Alliance of Darkness. He became a good friend of all other leaders involved with Corruption, and was expected to be a key Warlord in the early days.

Note: If you have no idea what the clans mentioned in these short biographies are, it is recommended that you read the following TimmyMWD's Clan History.

Did You Know? Pure Knights was originally a shared character between Ultra Evil and Dark Edge (former Blacknights member, among other things). This was a time when the concept of a "pure" was still new. The name Pure Knights reflects that two people originally used the character.

The Formation: Chapter 1.1

Following the civil war of the once great alliance The Syndicate, their long time enemies the Alliance of Darkness also began to decline. The Syndicate had broken apart, and were now fighting amongst each other. With no one else left to fight, the AoD began to dissolve. Many of the clans involved fell apart, and a great lull in the clan community was created following the collapse of the two powerful alliances of the era.

Many members of the AoD clans either quit Runescape, or quit being involved in clans, and eventually each of the clans within the AoD closed. It was from this that a new clan would arise. The group of friends that founded this clan saw the perfect opportunity to create a clan that met all of their needs. There were no longer large scale alliances, and the clan world was devoid of a mid-level Player Killing clan. Each of the founders had lead clans in the past, and were involved with the clan community for a number of years. Their individual clans had achieved some minor successes, but the height of their power was when they were unified under the Alliance of Darkness. Mortamus and Pure Knights briefly lead a clan after the fall of the AoD, but little success was gained. After the fall of this clan, the idea was raised amongst what would become the founders that perhaps, they should unify and create a new clan. A belief amongst them was held that united, they could form a great and powerful clan. Each of them agreed, pledged their support to one another, and decided that a new clan would be formed, and thus, The Corruption was born.

Did You Know? The meeting between the founders to discuss the name of the clan was held in the forrest to the East of Varrock. The discussion lasted approximately a half hour, before Pure Knights suggested The Corruption. The founders came to a consensus that this would be the clans name, and so the site was created.

The clan was formed on roughly July 1st, 2003.

Original site URL: http://www.avidgamers.com/corruptionclan

Initial Requirements: Chapter 1.2

The requirements are very important to a clan when it is created. None of the founding members were in the upper echelon of levels, and so The Corruption was aimed at being a mid-level clan, since high levels hard to come by in the early days. The following resemble close to what the original requirements for The Corruption were:

•  
    [*:1wv8pgdv]65+ Combat

[*:1wv8pgdv]60+ Combat Pure

This allowed for Corruption to be aimed at the majority of Upper-Mid Level players at the time, where no truely strong clan existed. Clans of this time were either lower levels, much higher levels, or simply just small if they were in the range stated. This allowed for Corruption to be able to grow and develop, without too much concern from stronger clans, while having a great deal of competition.

The Horde: Chapter 1.3

The beginning of The Corruption was unique. The first war was arranged to be against a clan known as the Leviathan Horde. Their leader, Viper### had talked trash to Clever Ninja while he was training, proclaiming that his Horde could easily defeat the newly formed Corruption. Clever Ninja boldly claimed that the leadership of Corruption, not having any members at this time, could easily defeat Viper and his Leviathan Horde. Corruption had only existed for a week, and was about to see its first of many wars.

The day came for war, and Clever Ninja, Pure Knights, and Sekalodnal showed up, with Mortamus not being able to make it for personal reasons. Fearing that they had perhaps bitten off more then they could chew, Corruption went to meet the "entire Leviathan Horde" at the Wilderness Altar. The "entire" clan Viper had spoken of was simply 7 men, of these, 2 were too low of a level to even be attacked by Corruption. The Horde was crushed, with them suffering full casualties, as Sekalodnal used a lower levelled secondary character to kill their lower levels. Viper, seeing his forces crushed, asked for a rematch in a few months time. It was accepted, and so Corruption began to grow with a long term goal ahead -- an even greater destruction of the Horde.

At this time friends made during past clan experiences started to join Corruption, with a majority coming from the clan made by Mortamus and Pure Knights. This created a larger group of friends, and allowed for an experienced member base right from the get-go, which proved to be integral to the success of The Corruption.

Did You Know? That it is believed that the first member of Corruption was Heero LH.

A Common Enemy: Chapter 1.4

Like most clans, their existed a need for a common enemy. An enemy will give you something to strive for, something to compete against, and something to look forward to. The first real enemy of The Corruption was the Rune Raiders. The Rune Raiders had declared a full-out war on Corruption's first ally, the Dark Raiders. The war was fought over the use of the name "raiders" as both clans looked to prove who truly was the stronger "raider" clan. It was at this time that the Rune Raiders became the sole enemy of The Corruption. This allowed for Corruption to rally together to defeat their one enemy, not just for their own glory but to defend the honour of their allies as well. War was looming, and this just in the 3rd week of existence for The Corruption.

The Bandit Camp War: Dark Raiders+allies vs Rune Raiders+allies: Chapter 1.5

The war was to take place in the unusual location of the Bandit Camp. No war had ever truly been fought there, due to the close proximity of the Dark Warrior Castle where many PKers thrived. The agreed object of the war was to gain control over the entire Bandit camp, and at that point victory would be decided.

The combined forces of Corruption and the Dark Raiders moved north, around the back of the Dark Warrior Castle to evade being spotted by PKers, and then initiated the attack on the Bandit camp.

Expecting to see a formidable force, many were amused to see the forces of the Rune Raiders sporting Mithril armour. It was discovered after the fight that the Rune Raiders only wore Mithril to war at that time period because that was what their best Smith could produce, allowing them to fight without worry of losing items of value. Wasting little time, the Corruption and Dark Raiders quickly pushed the Rune Raiders and allies from the bandit camp. Fighting spilled south to the Dark Warrior castle, which caused for some minor crashing from unknown Pkers. A server switch was agreed upon, and both sides quickly logged out.

The fighting continued, though not for much longer. One after another the Rune Raiders were promptly sent out of the wilderness, or were killed. Victory had been achieved within roughly 20 minutes, which was short for a Runescape Classic war. Over 90% of Rune Raiders members/allies were killed, with no losses being sustained on the Corruption/Dark Raider side.

Did You Know? The infamous line "Alright, I think this [cabbage] is over" was from this battle, after Fireyknight (Rune Raiders leader) had been driven from the wilderness, and narrowly escaping death by Pure Knights.

The Horde Returns: Chapter 1.6

After being embarassed in their first outing, the Leviathan Horde stuck to their word to fight Corruption a second time. War was declared, and both sides again began preperation. Little did Viper know that the Corruption had grown much stronger. The fight again took place at the Wilderness Altar, and was again a massacre. This time 40 Corruption members showed up to combat the 10 Leviathan Horde members. The battle was short, lasting around 5 minutes before all members of the Horde were exterminated. The second victory was won, and the numbers pulled truely established Corruption as being an up and coming clan.

The Leviathan Horde however suffered greatly from this loss. Their members began to question their leader, wondering why Viper would have got his clan involved with something so much more powerful. This would eventually lead to the closure of their clan, and with that, Corruption had earned complete and total victory over the Leviathan Horde.

Did You Know? Both Pure Knights & Clever Ninja were highly involved with the RS Mob, a clan lead by Greywanderer and Kind Ninja. The RS Mob was one of the strongest clans (for its time) to ever be seen in Runescape.

Well guys, there's the first chapter. I hope you enjoy it. I went into a lot more detail then the original history, and didn't really have a lot of time to do much today. But, I figure this is a start.

Keep checking back, I'll update again tomorrow with more :)

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

Wow, nice history. Thanks for that, that was an interesting read. :thumbsup:

This is just the first part, really when we were in our infancy. It's going to be about 5x as long when its done, maybe more. I'm actually kind of scared to see how long it's going to be by the time I'm finished.

I figure that some of you might be interested in this kinda stuff, and I always think it's interesting to see how a clan can grow.

member.png

strength."

Very nice what you have so far, you've almost told it like a story, very good. Two things, removing the "s from the link tags might make them work a tad better, and http://www.avidgamers.com/corruptionclan returns a 404 page.

Sadly, I think the site is down, atleast temporarily, which could be the reason for the error. I just copied the tags and everything from our board, so they could be different. I tried to remove all the size/colour ones since our forums run differently...

And thanks, I've tried to tell it like a story. I really wanted to tell it like an epic tale, but it's too hard to do, atleast without stretching the truth and what not. So I've just did it in a narrative I guess you could say.

I'm hoping to get a lot more done tomorrow, when it starts to get real interesting \'

member.png

strength."

Would be even more interesting to compile an individual history of some of the older clans and put them all in one topic to see how each clan has developed over time.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

After I'm done this, I really may start to compile another version of the Total Clan History.

I'd love to get that completed and uploaded onto our Website, that way we could have somewhere to view an entire history (as best we could do it) of clans.

Keep your eyes peeled for that one, if I do decide to take that challenge, it's going to be in about a week or two. I'll need a boatload of help, so if you're interested let me know by PM sometime. Would mostly be collecting history, and then trying to establish which events happened in which order, and when, etc.

member.png

strength."

Kind Ninja and greywanderer! (my rs son) haha even though hes only like 2 years younger

how i miss them <3 great ex-bks

as for whats said about dark edge, he is orbital2 in BK and still alive and kicking

our bk history is here but not written in as lovely a way as that is ^:

http://www.bk-rs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=301

its way too long to read, so heres a few snippets that coincide with yours, (its nice to hear two sides of the story, BK was in the Syndicate btw:

March 20th, 2002:

The Syndicate Alliance was re-established and its first two clans were the Blacknights and the Musketeers. Other clans immediately were ready to join.

April 27th, 2002:

Ultra Evil declared war on the Syndciate and a time and date was set. Before the war began Ultra Evil called it off and it was another win for the Syndicate without actually going to war

June 2004- Bk and The Alliance now have some potential enemies: Exercitum, Corruption and X Dragon X's clan Mystic Dynasty. Together with other clans they formed the Golden Alliance, aiming to bring down The Alliance. Many spies were found in the boards of Gladz, Jagz, and only one or two were in Bk and 'The'. Most of the spies have been found and banned. The spies had reported information about Alliance Pk trips to the Golden Alliance who then crashed many of the pk trips throughout the recent weeks. The Alliance's moral was hurt but still strong. It was decided that The Alliance was not to pk as an alliance or clan for 2 weeks. It proved successful as GA fought within each other and assumed that The Alliance was weak and afraid. The recent war between Mystic Dynasty and Gladz was victorious for the Gladz, and an eye opener for GA.

ahhh its way too long and i cant pick out stuff anymore but mostly about GA vs TA

and before that AoD vs TS

and may i say corr has done well for themselves over these years

BK Warlord in 2002

BK Council in 2003

BK Leader from May 2004 to November 2005

now I am just a bum :)

<>

Kind Ninja and greywanderer! (my rs son) haha even though hes only like 2 years younger

how i miss them <3 great ex-bks

as for whats said about dark edge, he is orbital2 in BK and still alive and kicking

our bk history is here but not written in as lovely a way as that is ^:

http://www.bk-rs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=301

its way too long to read, so heres a few snippets that coincide with yours, (its nice to hear two sides of the story, BK was in the Syndicate btw:

March 20th, 2002:

The Syndicate Alliance was re-established and its first two clans were the Blacknights and the Musketeers. Other clans immediately were ready to join.

April 27th, 2002:

Ultra Evil declared war on the Syndciate and a time and date was set. Before the war began Ultra Evil called it off and it was another win for the Syndicate without actually going to war

June 2004- Bk and The Alliance now have some potential enemies: Exercitum, Corruption and X Dragon X's clan Mystic Dynasty. Together with other clans they formed the Golden Alliance, aiming to bring down The Alliance. Many spies were found in the boards of Gladz, Jagz, and only one or two were in Bk and 'The'. Most of the spies have been found and banned. The spies had reported information about Alliance Pk trips to the Golden Alliance who then crashed many of the pk trips throughout the recent weeks. The Alliance's moral was hurt but still strong. It was decided that The Alliance was not to pk as an alliance or clan for 2 weeks. It proved successful as GA fought within each other and assumed that The Alliance was weak and afraid. The recent war between Mystic Dynasty and Gladz was victorious for the Gladz, and an eye opener for GA.

ahhh its way too long and i cant pick out stuff anymore but mostly about GA vs TA

and before that AoD vs TS

and may i say corr has done well for themselves over these years

I never knew we were actually somewhat connected all along Pixie haha, if you have any interest in talking about olden times on Runescape, give me a shout. I'll give you my email via pm if you want, I don't exactly want to give it out to the public. Trying to limit the number of runescapers I have on it :P

Glad to see that you guys have dates for all this stuff too. I may actually reference them later, as I can probably compare what was going on with Corruption, as to what was going on with BK around the same time.

By the way, who was the BK leader during the Syndicate days? I forget his name.. he was a super low level, but was a great leader. Too bad such things dont exist anymore.

Good to hear Dark Edge is around. I thought I'd maybe expose a bit of my past, especially since that's something I didn't think most people knew about me. Tell him I said Hi.

And thanks, for both the compliment on the writing, and clan itself. I never imagined it would become what it is today, hard to believe I helped start it when I was in Grade 10, and about 15 years old haha.

Grey and Kind were two of the best people I've ever met on Runescape, its a shame Grey just up and vanished out of nowhere one day. Ah well, the stress of leading a top clan will do that.

I hope you guys find the little Did You Know things interesting, I've been trying to add them as a bit more backstory that I couldn't actually get into in the history. I may end up revisiting some stuff to add in more detail after I'm done, as I'd really like to explain my connection to the RS Mob, and what exactly I was doing in that clan (as I was basically helping lead it, while leading corruption too).

member.png

strength."

I only got involved in the clan world in 2004 so this is really cool to read :D

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

Oh yeah, for a reference of time.

Basically everything so far from that history is the summer of 2003

member.png

strength."

its always awsome to read other clans histories. Brings back some of your own memories. Coolguy not sure if we ever were involved together, but its awsome to see corruption still around for so long.

~Founder of the Legendary Clan ZeonicForce~

0lDw1lK.png

its always awsome to read other clans histories. Brings back some of your own memories. Coolguy not sure if we ever were involved together, but its awsome to see corruption still around for so long.

We sure were Ganesha, have a look to your left side and you will see that I'm Pure Knights :) We were involved with one another when ZF/Cor broke the alliance.

I probably still even have a kill pic of you hanging around somewhere lol, I think I got it at the war.

member.png

strength."

After I'm done this, I really may start to compile another version of the Total Clan History.

I'd love to get that completed and uploaded onto our Website, that way we could have somewhere to view an entire history (as best we could do it) of clans.

Keep your eyes peeled for that one, if I do decide to take that challenge, it's going to be in about a week or two. I'll need a boatload of help, so if you're interested let me know by PM sometime. Would mostly be collecting history, and then trying to establish which events happened in which order, and when, etc.

Rather than a history of clans, instead a history of clans from each clan's view.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

awsome, well whats corr website? lets see a pick if you find it lol, I died a lot so im sure you do got one

I think I got you twice actually, lol. Once before the war at some random Pk, then possibly at the war. I think you were maging.

Our website now is at: http://www.corruption-clan.com

Not the most pretty right now, but I want to get my hands on it, and get lots of cool stuff on there.

I'll try to dig up the picture, but I need to hook up my old computer first. If it's anywhere, it'd be on there.

member.png

strength."

i definitely recognise your name, although i am not sure if weve spoken, my first thought is i had you in an old screenshot somewhere but i haven't got all of them with me =(

and are you referring to osiris bk? the guy who founded bk? there was also alucard bk after him, they were both kinda small hehe but if you meant in age, mack was a leader at age 11, he has just gotten active again after many years and now he is 18, how time flies!

I like the little did you know things, they are cute =p

and sure i will add you on rs if you ever wanna chat, i dont use msn since it fails on my mac too much,

BK Warlord in 2002

BK Council in 2003

BK Leader from May 2004 to November 2005

now I am just a bum :)

<>

i definitely recognise your name, although i am not sure if weve spoken, my first thought is i had you in an old screenshot somewhere but i haven't got all of them with me =(

and are you referring to osiris bk? the guy who founded bk? there was also alucard bk after him, they were both kinda small hehe but if you meant in age, mack was a leader at age 11, he has just gotten active again after many years and now he is 18, how time flies!

I like the little did you know things, they are cute =p

and sure i will add you on rs if you ever wanna chat, i dont use msn since it fails on my mac too much,

Osiris Bk, that's it.

I think I might have talked to you in game once, probably when I was with Greywanderer. He used to come visit me when I was training at the Hob Gob Mine. In fact, that may have been where I talked to you, because you used to train there too I think? Then again, who didn't train there, haha

member.png

strength."

hey willy, good to see you're still around.

you should come drop by the boards, see if there's anybody you recognize there.

www.corruption-clan.com/forum

i'm not sure you'll know anybody left, but you might.

member.png

strength."

• 1 month later...