Turning 18

PumpkinPete112

i guess theres also the fear of becoming an alchaholic or something i donno though i'd just rather keep it out of my life

What are schools teaching you kids? Drinking with your friends maybe twice a month isn't going to cause you to become an alcoholic. If you let yourself start drinking more and more until you need to drink daily, then you've become an alcoholic. But partying on the weekends with friends does not label you as an alcoholic.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's call self-control and will power. Get some.

im trying -.- does there have to be an arguement on every thread :roll:

and thats what I mean I just get addicted to things easily wether it be fun, taste good or what ever it may be but most of things for me don't affect my health like drinking would (yes I know if you have small ammounts at say parties its not too bad but still adds up over time)

could we please move on and just see what others have to say

212h0sy.jpg

im trying -.- does there have to be an arguement on every thread :roll:

and thats what I mean I just get addicted to things easily wether it be fun, taste good or what ever it may be but most of things for me don't affect my health like drinking would (yes I know if you have small ammounts at say parties its not too bad but still adds up over time)

could we please move on and just see what others have to say

Yes, there is often argument since it's rare that everyone should have the same opinion. If you're not up for arguments, you'd best get off the internet. On the topic of addictions though, I did a number of different drugs and I only became addicted to one of them. That happened to be tobacco (addicted to the nicotine) and I got over that addiction pretty quickly. And if you're worried about becoming addicted to alcohol try this:

-Monday night, get wasted (completely smashed)

-Tuesday, get up and go to school like normal

-Enjoy your hangover at school

-Use this as an excuse to not drink often

I love to drink but I rarely do because I've gone to school with a hangover multiple times and it keeps me from drinking too often.

Yes, there is often argument since it's rare that everyone should have the same opinion. If you're not up for arguments, you'd best get off the internet.

there doesn't HAVE to be arguements maybe everyone should just learn to accept peoples opinions and beliefs though and not just make arguements about them just saying "it's the internet" is hardly an excuse

and your way of dealing with it is interesting although I probly wouldn't go to school if I had a hang over I mean I couldn't even concentrate if having a hangover is like I imagine

212h0sy.jpg

there doesn't HAVE to be arguements maybe everyone should just learn to accept peoples opinions and beliefs though and not just make arguements about them just saying "it's the internet" is hardly an excuse

If this is what you think you need to close your internet browser and reconsider ever reopening it. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to stop arguments on the internet.

and your way of dealing with it is interesting although I probly wouldn't go to school if I had a hang over I mean I couldn't even concentrate if having a hangover is like I imagine

If you have an addictive personality and you choose not to give yourself a good reason to control your drinking, expect an addiction. You're right concentration is hard with a hangover. Throw in a headache and an upset stomach and you're set of a day of irritability and possible vomiting. It's not a fun day at all and it gives you one hell of a reason to keep your drinking under control.

and thats what I mean I just get addicted to things easily wether it be fun, taste good or what ever it may be but most of things for me don't affect my health like drinking would

If you want to drink tasty stuff even if it includes alcohol, I suggest small portions and bottles of premium quality spirits. They cost too much for you to be able to over-indulge, & taste great when mixed with other drinks.

I occassionally buy premium caribbean rum, maybe once a year, in one or two 200ml bottles. If you know how to mix it properly or sparingly drink it 'raw', it will still last a while & you'll have some left to share to friends.. Not everything has to be drinked in one go. You can drink a product over weeks, months, even years (in the case of expensive cognacs etc.)

Don't get pressured into not drinking at all when there are wonderful beers and wines to try. A little beer and/or wine won't ruin your health.

i guess your right like a few beers/wines some times or on special occasions but still it makes u act stupid when drunk and theres plenty of other drinks (besides alchahol) that taste good if not better i really don't know tho :? :-k

Just as example: my parents have a had a glass a wine everyday for the past 9 years I can remember and I have yet to see them drunk or even noticeably buzzed. Now I'm not saying you should drink (it is ultimately healthier not to drink at all, if only minimally), but I am saying that you can enjoy alcohol for the drinks and not the buzz.

Apparently if you can get the alcohol out (I'm guessing by boiling to the right temperature) then a glass of red wine a day is good for you.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

For me it's less of a question of when I'll turn 18, more when my older brother turns 19 (Drinking age in Canada is 19).

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I'm turning 18 in 26 days, i'm expecting it to be a big day. But to be honest it isn't that big of a deal here, in Belgium you can already do most things at 16 (drink, smoke, ...) At 18 you can get your perm drivers lisence and you're allowed to vote, that's it. I'm just gonna throw a lil party and get wasted.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

and thats what I mean I just get addicted to things easily wether it be fun, taste good or what ever it may be but most of things for me don't affect my health like drinking would

If you want to drink tasty stuff even if it includes alcohol, I suggest small portions and bottles of premium quality spirits. They cost too much for you to be able to over-indulge, & taste great when mixed with other drinks.

I occassionally buy premium caribbean rum, maybe once a year, in one or two 200ml bottles. If you know how to mix it properly or sparingly drink it 'raw', it will still last a while & you'll have some left to share to friends.. Not everything has to be drinked in one go. You can drink a product over weeks, months, even years (in the case of expensive cognacs etc.)

Exactly. Plus, you're not a real man unless you drink Scotch.

Apparently if you can get the alcohol out (I'm guessing by boiling to the right temperature) then a glass of red wine a day is good for you.

You don't even need to take the alcohol out, if you drink it slowly and you're not sensitive to alcohol you'll be fine.

And I believe that the boiling point is 79 deg C.

C2b6gs7.png

Im turning 18 in like 3 weeeks

Thinking of getting a keg of jack daniels and plenty of ciggaretes

Apparently my friend is ordering me a rafael gonzalez cigar ($230 \' )

That'd be nice

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

I turned 18 today! It's weird... I feel so immature for an adult. :lol:

Haha, i guess we all will at first :lol:

even though im only 16 turning 17 in March, ill feel better when im 18 because I will feel more comfertable with the law when I become sexually-active with my girlfriend (not yet, I love her too much to be an [wagon] or something and take things too far too fast. <3: )

Shes a high school senior, im a high school junior to clear anything up for anyone.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png