Sry i havnt posted in a while

But remember everybody, melee is OP!

Mostly because of d claws...

Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

I sense a troll...

lol

I agreee with you. :lol:

For once :?

Looks like this thread is dead? I believe I have successfully proven that range and magic are indeed far superior to melee; if anything, I could easily make a rant with "jagex hates meleers" and back it up with all the evidence I need :P I can has lock plz?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can saw whatever you want, but until they make a dragon crossbow melee will always win

Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

What's the max hit of melee from 10 squares away? If you want to continue ignoring logic, just answer me that question ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

what happens when they get unfrozen? don't they have like 10 seconds to wale on the mage before getting frozen again?

"wale" is a spelling fail lol

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

what happens when they get unfrozen? don't they have like 10 seconds to wale on the mage before getting frozen again?

Ok, just be honest. Have you EVER used barrage spells in PVP? Have you ever even TRIED ancients? Have you done so much as LOOK at the KB or Wiki page on them, or did you just blindly post this rant after looking at the max hits (62 for magic, 60 for range, 62 for melee, in case anyone cares)?

*sigh* I guess I'll fill you in on how the spell works. I barrage, and the meleer can't move for 20 seconds. I shower him with spells until he becomes unfrozen 1 second after my last cast. I stand on the outside edge of my spell range, and click just after I attack, so I 'jump' half a dozen squares away as he is unfrozen. I then run half a screen to the side, and cast a spell after 2 seconds 'jumping' after it in case it splashes. The meleer NEVER comes within 8 squares of me, even if I splash or fail to freeze him; he's never even within ranging distance, as I sidestep the mage distance limit.

Look, you posted this erroneous rant filled with misinformation without having even tried ANY of the methods, and without an understand of the basic concepts and techniques. I would suggest requesting a lock to avoid further embarrassment.

Sorry, but it's very annoying to argue with someone who admits they don't have the slightest clue what they are talking about.

DeviledEgg24.png

Ok, just be honest. Have you EVER used barrage spells in PVP? Have you ever even TRIED ancients? Have you done so much as LOOK at the KB or Wiki page on them, or did you just blindly post this rant after looking at the max hits (62 for magic, 60 for range, 62 for melee, in case anyone cares)?

*sigh* I guess I'll fill you in on how the spell works. I barrage, and the meleer can't move for 20 seconds. I shower him with spells until he becomes unfrozen 1 second after my last cast. I stand on the outside edge of my spell range, and click just after I attack, so I 'jump' half a dozen squares away as he is unfrozen. I then run half a screen to the side, and cast a spell after 2 seconds 'jumping' after it in case it splashes. The meleer NEVER comes within 8 squares of me, even if I splash or fail to freeze him; he's never even within ranging distance, as I sidestep the mage distance limit.

Look, you posted this erroneous rant filled with misinformation without having even tried ANY of the methods, and without an understand of the basic concepts and techniques. I would suggest requesting a lock to avoid further embarrassment.

Sorry, but it's very annoying to argue with someone who admits they don't have the slightest clue what they are talking about.

And what are you going to do? hit 10's and 20's and hope they die?

First if all, you are extremely lucky if you dont get attacked by somebody while you are farcasting, and the meleeer can put on range armour and mage is almost useless on him, and then guess what!

Dragon Claws!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids :shame:

Skinny Mage3.png

Skinny Mage3.png

First if all, you are extremely lucky if you dont get attacked by somebody while you are farcasting, and the meleeer can put on range armour and mage is almost useless on him, and then guess what!

Hence why no one PKes in crowded areas, your opponent will tele or walk to a safe spot anyway. Yes, I will hit 50s and 60s and 'hope' they die. If the meleer wants to hybrid with range armor, I will happily combo him to his nearest respawn point by hybriding with ice blitz and d claws. I take my pair whenever I go mage PKing.

y'know, if you actually bothered to read this thread, you would have seen that all of your points have been nullified by my previous responses to them when they were brought up by others.

DeviledEgg24.png

From personal experience, mage can hit through my black dragonhide pretty simply without close to maxed mage bonus.

With maxed mage bonus you should be able to hit through dragonhide without any problem at all if you are 99 mage. #-o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

From personal experience, mage can hit through my black dragonhide pretty simply without close to maxed mage bonus.

With maxed mage bonus you should be able to hit through dragonhide without any problem at all if you are 99 mage. #-o

Your not doing well in your argument against mage :-#

DeviledEgg24.png

well we should make a thread about how mage is overpowered :lol:

arcane_stew.png

As long as your original, barely readable first post stands and people continue to post in support of it, I will continue to prove them wrong.

DeviledEgg24.png

As long as your original, barely readable first post stands and people continue to post in support of it, I will continue to prove them wrong.

lol nice :thumbsup:

what is a great moneymaking skill? (besides woodcutting)

arcane_stew.png

lol nice :thumbsup:

what is a great moneymaking skill? (besides woodcutting)

Runecrafting's good, hunter is OK, but by far the best money maker is combat, specifically range; avansies and sara GWD are the two fastest luck based\non luck based money making methods in the game. Another way that Jagex hates melee, they don't even get in the top 5 ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

Hence why no one PKes in crowded areas, your opponent will tele or walk to a safe spot anyway. Yes, I will hit 50s and 60s and 'hope' they die. If the meleer wants to hybrid with range armor, I will happily combo him to his nearest respawn point by hybriding with ice blitz and d claws. I take my pair whenever I go mage PKing.

y'know, if you actually bothered to read this thread, you would have seen that all of your points have been nullified by my previous responses to them when they were brought up by others.

Well notice how everybody PK's in crowded areas because thats where are the people are #-o

The only way to hit 50's with mage is to get two spells to hit at the same time, but it takes like 6 seconds to cast 2 spells.

And if you wear range armour you dont have to worry much, they will just splash a flood.

Any by the way, its the dragon claws that are overpowered, not the ice blitz

Skinny Mage3.png

Skinny Mage3.png

Well notice how everybody PK's in crowded areas because thats where are the people are #-o

The only way to hit 50's with mage is to get two spells to hit at the same time, but it takes like 6 seconds to cast 2 spells.

And if you wear range armour you dont have to worry much, they will just splash a flood.

Not nearly everyone PKs in the cities; look at the population vs. the crowd. Training spots are popular, as is near BH and deep wildy for the brave. Clan wars area is usually packed too.

So what about that being the 'only way'? Your hitting over 60 in 1 shot, NOT using spec so you can do it constantly, with crazily high accuracy.

Range armor drops the hit rate to around 60%, far better then melee does on mage armor. Dragon claws are nowhere near overpowered, I'm going to venture a guess and say you've never owned a pair :roll:

I could loan you mine to play around with for a while, but my junk schedule's booked until next week. Send me a PM.

DeviledEgg24.png

Not nearly everyone PKs in the cities; look at the population vs. the crowd. Training spots are popular, as is near BH and deep wildy for the brave. Clan wars area is usually packed too.

So what about that being the 'only way'? Your hitting over 60 in 1 shot, NOT using spec so you can do it constantly, with crazily high accuracy.

Range armor drops the hit rate to around 60%, far better then melee does on mage armor. Dragon claws are nowhere near overpowered, I'm going to venture a guess and say you've never owned a pair :roll:

I could loan you mine to play around with for a while, but my junk schedule's booked until next week. Send me a PM.

can i try them out :D

arcane_stew.png

Sure. Rates start at 150k for 1h, 100k\h for 2-4 hours, 80k\h for 5-10 hours, 60k\h for 10-20 hours, 50k\h for 24 hours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Sure. Rates start at 150k for 1h, 100k\h for 2-4 hours, 80k\h for 5-10 hours, 60k\h for 10-20 hours, 50k\h for 24 hours.

-.-

arcane_stew.png

I actually have used dragon claws, and even though im 71 str and wasnt pottting, i hit 30-50 almost every single time.

Thats overpowered.

And if you farcast you WILL get pjed, its just jagex wants you to think mage is overpowered because it can freeze, so everybody things the mage is an uber threat, so everybody attacks him.

Yea, the chances of hitting 2 maxed damage spells are like 1/50th the chance of hitting good with dragon claws, and dragon claws like hit every second, unlike the 6 second cast time it takes to get two spells out

Skinny Mage3.png

Skinny Mage3.png

I actually have used dragon claws, and even though im 71 str and wasnt pottting, i hit 30-50 almost every single time.

Thats overpowered.

And if you farcast you WILL get pjed, its just jagex wants you to think mage is overpowered because it can freeze, so everybody things the mage is an uber threat, so everybody attacks him.

Yea, the chances of hitting 2 maxed damage spells are like 1/50th the chance of hitting good with dragon claws, and dragon claws like hit every second, unlike the 6 second cast time it takes to get two spells out

How *much* have you used them. I find it odd that I'm 99 strength, and I've spent 100+ hours testing and recording hits. I also find it odd that you are hitting 50 'every single time'. Since your only level 100, I'm assuming you don't own bandos, that you haven't completed RFD at 91 QP and that you don't have a fire cape at 70 range. So I will assume you are missing +4 strength bcp, +4 from f cape,+2 strength from tassets, and +10 strength from dark gloves. That's a grand total of -20 strength from the max of 99, so 79 strength bonus. Now, the max at 99 strength super setted with piety and +99 strength is 86; an initial hit of 43 coupled with the maximum secondary hit. Now, you are missing 20% of the strength bonus, so your max will drop 10% to 77. Your strength level drops from 117 to 71, a 40% drop. You also lose 5% from dropping down from piety to chivalry. So your losing 45% of your strength level, a loss of 22.5% from your original hit of 86. This leaves you with a grand total max of 58, assuming you hit the 4 hit series and actually hit.

Now, the 4 hit series only has a 75% chance of hitting; the other combinations will drop your max hit by approximately half. So we've got a 75% chance of hitting a max of 58, plus a 25% chance of hitting a max of 29. This leaves us with an average max hit, assuming you hit at all, of 50. Now, the average hit is simply half of your max, leaving us with an AVERAGE hit of 25, revealing your 30-50 to be an outright lie, and dropping your max far below magic's 62. That doesn't even factor in misses, which are roughly 35% against equally leveled defence, dropping your average hit to a massive 16! Oh, and that's for a speccing weapon, which you can use a grand total of once every 3 minutes :roll:

Let's see, your arguing over a weapon you don't have, about stats and equipment you don't have, versus magic spells that you can't even cast. Why are you even trying :|

DeviledEgg24.png

Spec bar charges fully every 5 minutes. 8-)

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Thats overpowered.

How *much* have you used them. I find it odd that I'm 99 strength, and I've spent 100+ hours testing and recording hits. I also find it odd that you are hitting 50 'every single time'. Since your only level 100, I'm assuming you don't own bandos, that you haven't completed RFD at 91 QP and that you don't have a fire cape at 70 range. So I will assume you are missing +4 strength bcp, +4 from f cape,+2 strength from tassets, and +10 strength from dark gloves. That's a grand total of -20 strength from the max of 99, so 79 strength bonus. Now, the max at 99 strength super setted with piety and +99 strength is 86; an initial hit of 43 coupled with the maximum secondary hit. Now, you are missing 20% of the strength bonus, so your max will drop 10% to 77. Your strength level drops from 117 to 71, a 40% drop. You also lose 5% from dropping down from piety to chivalry. So your losing 45% of your strength level, a loss of 22.5% from your original hit of 86. This leaves you with a grand total max of 58, assuming you hit the 4 hit series and actually hit.

Now, the 4 hit series only has a 75% chance of hitting; the other combinations will drop your max hit by approximately half. So we've got a 75% chance of hitting a max of 58, plus a 25% chance of hitting a max of 29. This leaves us with an average max hit, assuming you hit at all, of 50. Now, the average hit is simply half of your max, leaving us with an AVERAGE hit of 25, revealing your 30-50 to be an outright lie, and dropping your max far below magic's 62. That doesn't even factor in misses, which are roughly 35% against equally leveled defence, dropping your average hit to a massive 16! Oh, and that's for a speccing weapon, which you can use a grand total of once every 3 minutes :roll:

Let's see, your arguing over a weapon you don't have, about stats and equipment you don't have, versus magic spells that you can't even cast. Why are you even trying :|

According to your calculations, (god, who spends like a month recording hits) i should of gotten pretty bad hits, but i didnt.

I WOULD have gotten bad hits, but melee is too overpowered for that. Don't forget the ags too...

Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

Skinny Mage3.png

Skinny Mage3.png