jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three items he mentioned, godwords, dragon claws, and dragon platebodys, aren't your run of the mill low level items. Most people who own an AGS arn't worried about where their next 100k is coming from. Additionally, all max and average hits up to now have been referred to at 99 in the respective level; 78 for godswords, miamisc barrage for mage, and 48-48 d bow specs for range. Don't try and change this into a low level debate.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm not trying to, I'm just saying its pretty ignorant to ignore low levels.

And I'm saying that's nice, but this entire thread has been about high levels, so don't try to steer my argument into lower levels. There are quite a few rich lower levels, and they still have the 500k+\h avansies and green dragons.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Avansies don't beat 1m an hour, but they come reasonably close with the right techniques and stats (hint: 99 range and 88 summoning are a must). GWD does, however - look at my signature for examples. DKS is also over 1m, and merching also makes me a nice daily profit with virtually no time spent on it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Avansies don't beat 1m an hour, but they come reasonably close with the right techniques and stats (hint: 99 range and 88 summoning are a must). GWD does, however - look at my signature for examples. DKS is also over 1m, and merching also makes me a nice daily profit with virtually no time spent on it.

Dag Kings is very ownage money indeed. but hard to see the ladders to get there with a dark screen =[. MERCHING FTW, many people have goten max cash cuz of the Grand exchange, was harder to get max cash without the ge back in the day. :o

its understandable imo, melee = 3 99s whilst range + mage are 1

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Dag Kings is very ownage money indeed. but hard to see the ladders to get there with a dark screen =[. MERCHING FTW, many people have goten max cash cuz of the Grand exchange, was harder to get max cash without the ge back in the day. :o

DKs are inconsistent at best. All 6 of my trips have been dry trips, with no drops worth over 10k.

Mages are messed-over big time.

We lose a lot of runes, why does rangers get the Accumulator which saves bolts that are dirt cheap in the first place, and we get robes (Fog robes) that in the time it takes to fix them we could have just made the runes we would have lost without the robes? Or even better, bought more runes with the loads of money that you could have made by not wasting time in FoG.

Why do rangers get a quiver slot so they can carry more food in there inv, but mages have to carry loads of pricey runes that they will just lose on death.

Melee and range both get very powerful or useful weapon specials, and magic gets nothing? Now don't go and say magic is a special itself, melee has poison, range has ench gem tipped bolts, and mage has nothing. The only special a mage can do that helps is Excalibur (after a quest :|)

Level 70 range can hit 30+, 70 strength can hit 30+, but level 70 magic only hits 25 (After a hard quest)(all attacks are done without using special attack or gem bolts)

Only thing magic can so is freeze its target so you can range them :@.

Melee can KO in PvP but magic can not, nor can Range. However many say Range CAN KO all you need to do is cast Ice Barrege then D-bow spec. This is just using magic as a support skill with Range. Melee can KO on its own, AND it can double up with magic.

God spells are to weak, I suggest make a special on the god staffs that Koldian unlocks for you at 99 magic that when you do it it boosts the power of the charge spell to a new max of 45, or it will make you cast two spells instantly giving a max hit of specing a 60.

Why do the god staffs NEED a special? Because we need some benefit to using only magic in combat, I mean you if you are forced to use a melee weapon to melee, and a ranged weapon in Range, then why don't you even need a mage weapon to mage well?. All this does is encourage it to be used as a support skill, and hybrids should not benefit from magic completely. Someone who is focusing there combat on magic has very stat bonuses to those who are not. Mainly this will help take out out of the 'support' category without making those hybrids wine that they have been nerfed.

Lets look at more of why Magic is merely a support skill and does not fit into the combat triangle.

The Modern spell book is based on stat damage. Filled with curse, and other stat lowering spells. Even the so called 'god spells' are merely support magic, Claw of Guthix damages def(Not very useful to a pure mage) Saradomin Strike damages prayer, and Flames of Zammorak damages Magic(the best of the god spells). But all of this is merely setting up the foe for a PK not an actual PK (i.e. supporting the actual PK).

The Lunar spell book, is non-disputed as support magic. Lets just move on here.

The Ancient Spell book, which is the backbone of all offensive magic.

Its max hit is 32 which is absolutely pathetic compared to melees, 72 or ranges, 96. But 'no no its not about max hit' you say. Fine I can take other routes to.

The first effect is poison, and its not even the best of the poisons. this is still not a KO, and is just support to help things along.

The second effect is lowering the targets attack, this can be treated in the same way as many of the Modern spell book, spells are.

The third is health absorption, not bad I can't argue much against this.

The fourth is decreasing your targets attack rate. Now any player in there right mind would pound sharks and run after take a hit from this, which would not result in a PK most of the time (Maybe using it after you bleed some of there food would work better the using it straight off the bat?). Again this is a support spell you would switch to a better style like melee or range.

The last most used effect is binding. It has be two uses; to keep your target from running, and to keep them from attacking you. But if you splash you fail, you get KOed. People don't realize they the freezer can be froze themselves countering the whole far-casting tactic.

Magic is a very very powerful support skill, but is is absolute GARBAGE by itself.

We have prayer, and summoning now, so we have enough support skills.

Now I will say the end all statement of why magic is indisputably very underpowered: Player Versus Monster.

The combat triangle is like a movie where melee is Chuck Norris, Range is Jakie Chan, and magic is the guy they go to get tips on what the bad guy is doing.

/thread

Prism_Swords.png

We lose a lot of runes, why does rangers get the Accumulator which saves bolts that are dirt cheap in the first place, and we get robes (Fog robes) that in the time it takes to fix them we could have just made the runes we would have lost without the robes? Or even better, bought more runes with the loads of money that you could have made by not wasting time in FoG.

Magic is expensive because it massively overpowers every other type of combat.

Why do rangers get a quiver slot so they can carry more food in there inv, but mages have to carry loads of pricey runes that they will just lose on death.

See above.

Melee and range both get very powerful or useful weapon specials, and magic gets nothing? Now don't go and say magic is a special itself, melee has poison, range has ench gem tipped bolts, and mage has nothing. The only special a mage can do that helps is Excalibur (after a quest :|)

Every single magic spell has a special, and it doesn't take 5 minutes to charge :roll:

Level 70 range can hit 30+, 70 strength can hit 30+, but level 70 magic only hits 25 (After a hard quest)(all attacks are done without using special attack or gem bolts)

Leve 70 magic maxes 41, with insanely high accuracy.

And halve their attack speed. And poison them. And reduce their defence by 35%. And heal off of their HP. And freeze them. What can melee and range do without special attacks?

Melee can KO in PvP but magic can not, nor can Range. However many say Range CAN KO all you need to do is cast Ice Barrege then D-bow spec. This is just using magic as a support skill with Range. Melee can KO on its own, AND it can double up with magic.

Magic maxes 62 non special. Melee maxes 58 non special. Range maxes 48 non special without void. And magic is far, FAR more accurate then the two. Oh, and did I mention that that 62 hit with magic will freeze your opponent and halve his attack speed?

God spells are to weak, I suggest make a special on the god staffs that Koldian unlocks for you at 99 magic that when you do it it boosts the power of the charge spell to a new max of 45, or it will make you cast two spells instantly giving a max hit of specing a 60.

Given that magic already completely owns both other combat styles, that's a horrible idea.

Why do the god staffs NEED a special? Because we need some benefit to using only magic in combat, I mean you if you are forced to use a melee weapon to melee, and a ranged weapon in Range, then why don't you even need a mage weapon to mage well?. All this does is encourage it to be used as a support skill, and hybrids should not benefit from magic completely. Someone who is focusing there combat on magic has very stat bonuses to those who are not. Mainly this will help take out out of the 'support' category without making those hybrids wine that they have been nerfed.

The Modern spell book is based on stat damage. Filled with curse, and other stat lowering spells. Even the so called 'god spells' are merely support magic, Claw of Guthix damages def(Not very useful to a pure mage) Saradomin Strike damages prayer, and Flames of Zammorak damages Magic(the best of the god spells). But all of this is merely setting up the foe for a PK not an actual PK (i.e. supporting the actual PK).

Welcome to the world of Ancient Magicks, designed for PKing. I suggest you give them a try =D>

Its max hit is 32 which is absolutely pathetic compared to melees, 72 or ranges, 96. But 'no no its not about max hit' you say. Fine I can take other routes to.

Ranges max: Once every 3 minutes, requires void which takes over 10 hours to obtain and is easily lost. 46 max normally without void. Mages max: 62, once every 6 seconds, can be done with very high accuracy

Melee max with the only good weapon: 46 with an outfit worth over 50,000,000 GP

The first effect is poison, and its not even the best of the poisons. this is still not a KO, and is just support to help things along.

The second effect is lowering the targets attack, this can be treated in the same way as many of the Modern spell book, spells are.

The fourth is decreasing your targets attack rate. Now any player in there right mind would pound sharks and run after take a hit from this, which would not result in a PK most of the time (Maybe using it after you bleed some of there food would work better the using it straight off the bat?). Again this is a support spell you would switch to a better style like melee or range.

The last most used effect is binding. It has be two uses; to keep your target from running, and to keep them from attacking you. But if you splash you fail, you get KOed. People don't realize they the freezer can be froze themselves countering the whole far-casting tactic.

And what is melee or ranges alternative to all these? They are a bonus, not the only option.

Magic is a very very powerful support skill, but is is absolute GARBAGE by itself.

What on earth are you talking about? I already demonstrated, many times over, how magic completely decimates any other form of combat. Perhaps you should try before you bash.

Now I will say the end all statement of why magic is indisputably very underpowered: Player Versus Monster.

lolwat? Magic makes the fastest possible damage rate for almost any monster, though bosses divide into combat styles. Again, you get what you pay for.

The combat triangle is like a movie where melee is Chuck Norris, Range is Jakie Chan, and magic is the guy they go to get tips on what the bad guy is doing.

No, magic is the atomic bomb that nukes them and the entire world.

/thread

/end stuipd post. It might be a good idea to read replies before you make such an obviously uninformed post. Every single one of your "points" was completely debunked in the first few pages of the thread.

DeviledEgg24.png

Mages are messed-over big time.

Lets look at more of why Magic is merely a support skill and does not fit into the combat triangle.

The Lunar spell book, is non-disputed as support magic. Lets just move on here.

/thread

you got served. #-o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

you got served. #-o

What? #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Leve 70 magic maxes 41, with insanely high accuracy.

Magic maxes 62 non special.

Ranges max: Once every 3 minutes, requires void which takes over 10 hours to obtain and is easily lost. 46 max normally without void. Mages max: 62, once every 6 seconds, can be done with very high accuracy

Melee max with the only good weapon: 46 with an outfit worth over 50,000,000 GP

/end stuipd post. It might be a good idea to read replies before you make such an obviously uninformed post. Every single one of your "points" was completely debunked in the first few pages of the thread.

Okay you are either crazy, are playing some other version of Runescape, or there has been some recent update that I was unaware of.

For starters you know nothing of Void mage, because it has NO effect on magics max hit, NOTHING does (save for castle wars brace). Unless the Void you have works differently then mine and EVERYONE elses.

I quote the Tip.it Pest Control, guide "Full set with Mage helmet gives 30% more accuracy to magic spells" notice "accuracy" not damage.

And what is this spell that hits 41s at level 70?

What is this spell that hits a woping 62?

Really I would love to know!

The spells I was referencing to where

Miasmic Barrage, level 97, Exp 54+, max hit 32

and,

Iban Blast, level 50, Exp 42.5+, Max hit 25.

You did not confuse the exp with the damage did you?

No wonder your concept of magic is so askew.

Prism_Swords.png

Okay you are either crazy, are playing some other version of Runescape, or there has been some recent update that I was unaware of.

Or else you don't have a clue about anything related to PKing.

For starters you know nothing of Void mage, because it has NO effect on magics max hit, NOTHING does (save for castle wars brace). Unless the Void you have works differently then mine and EVERYONE elses.

I quote the Tip.it Pest Control, guide "Full set with Mage helmet gives 30% more accuracy to magic spells" notice "accuracy" not damage.

Gee, thanks for the info. Fortunately, I never said a word about void magic.

And what is this spell that hits 41s at level 70?

What is this spell that hits a woping 62?

Really I would love to know!

The spells I was referencing to where

Miasmic Barrage, level 97, Exp 54+, max hit 32

and,

Iban Blast, level 50, Exp 42.5+, Max hit 25.

I suggest you try reading the replies. You'll miraculously find all of your questions answered :roll:

You did not confuse the exp with the damage did you?

Damage is the little red splat, right?

No wonder your concept of magic is so askew.

What's your magic level again? How many times have you casted Miasmic barrage? I have well over 1,5000 hours PKing experience and am, to my knowledge, the most skilled and practiced mage on TIF. I've gotten more magic XP in PVP then you have in your entire rs career =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Pulls out the "experience" card again.

=(., no one can beat you.

It aint just experience, the facts are on my side. Like the fact that thus far everyone I've argued against doesn't even have the magic level to TRY what I'm talking about #-o

DeviledEgg24.png

Gee, thanks for the info. Fortunately, I never said a word about void magic.

Some people think Void boosts max hit of magic, I was wrong to assume you did.

I suggest you try reading the replies. You'll miraculously find all of your questions answered :roll:

I looked and there was no such spells named by you or anyone.

What's your magic level again?

Sarcasm, brilliant.

How many times have you casted Miasmic barrage? I have well over 1,5000 hours PKing experience and am, to my knowledge, the most skilled and practiced mage on TIF. I've gotten more magic XP in PVP then you have in your entire rs career =D>

So your saying your personal experience is greater then the compiled data of several persons? Your saying that the very Jagex game guid itseff is wrong? http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2056.

Nice Trolling btw

Prism_Swords.png

Some people think Void boosts max hit of magic, I was wrong to assume you did.

Thank you for admitting that.

I looked and there was no such spells named by you or anyone.

Then look harder.

Sarcasm, brilliant.

So your saying your personal experience is greater then the compiled data of several persons?

Could you show where you compiled your data on miasmic barrage? I'd like to see it.

Your saying that the very Jagex game guid itseff is wrong? http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2056.

That's odd, it's in complete agreement with me. Perhaps you should re read my posts more carefully.

Nice Trolling btw

Trolling? I've posted the facts in an unbiased manner; you've tried to use your opinions instead of facts, without even being able to try what your arguing about =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Also, since you seem to loath actually read the replies before responding, I suggest you read my replies at http://forum.tip.it/search.php?keywords=Re%3A+jagex+favors+melee&terms=all&author=compfreak847&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search

Go through all 160 of them, and you'll find that every single one of your arguments has been debunked in great detail by me. I don't see the point in repeating them simply because you are too lazy to read.

DeviledEgg24.png

Also, since you seem to loath actually read the replies before responding, I suggest you read my replies at http://forum.tip.it/search.php?keywords=Re%3A+jagex+favors+melee&terms=all&author=compfreak847&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search

Go through all 160 of them, and you'll find that every single one of your arguments has been debunked in great detail by me. I don't see the point in repeating them simply because you are too lazy to read.

I'll repost when I'm done reading.

Prism_Swords.png

Pulls out the "experience" card again.

=(., no one can beat you.

It aint just experience, the facts are on my side. Like the fact that thus far everyone I've argued against doesn't even have the magic level to TRY what we're arguing about #-o

DeviledEgg24.png