jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

According to your calculations, (god, who spends like a month recording hits) i should of gotten pretty bad hits, but i didnt.

I WOULD have gotten bad hits, but melee is too overpowered for that. Don't forget the ags too...

Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

No, your just wrong. Who's more accurate, someone who spent (literally) months recording hits, or someone who probably borrowed a pair a couple hours and never bothered to write ANYTHING down?

Spec bar charges fully every 5 minutes. 8-)

Was talking about per spec; as it is used, it resets the 30 second timer, similar to summoning scrolls, so you end up closer to 2.8 minutes per spec.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skinny is a 12 year old kid that can't lay down facts to back up his arguments and likes to bring up arguments that have already been proven wrong :-#

EDIT: Where have I seen this before... (looks at pages 1-19) hmmmmmm.... :shock:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Skinny is a 12 year old kid that can't lay down facts to back up his arguments and likes to bring up arguments that have already been proven wrong :-#

EDIT: Where have I seen this before... (looks at pages 1-19) hmmmmmm.... :shock:

Comprehension dawns :-w

i notice once i put up melee maxes people stop arguing with me

it seems that i win \'

Need I say more :twss:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Dark bow blitz has higher potential hit than d claw blitz, and you risk significantly less.

True that.

\'

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Dark bow blitz has higher potential hit than d claw blitz, and you risk significantly less.

True that.

\'

and of course melee being overpowered as it is has the dds that can hit dual 43's (in pvp) but can spec 4 times. dds are much better than the d bow :wall:

DeviledEgg24.png

To be honest, Ice blitz + Obsidian ring + Ice barrage + DDS/D claws/Any gs spec is the deadliest combo you'll ever find. Melee overpowered indeed... :roll: (And no, it doesn't take a lot of time..infact if timed right, it would probably be 7-8 seconds. Thats enough for (maximum) 30+22+20 above+60 above ---> again, maximum hits. This just goes to show that even if you don't get the best hits, its one of the best combos. All the 3 styles are used which enhances its effectiveness. Gotta be quick though ;))

And by the way, if you're going to use a Dark Bow, get a blitz spell and a DDS special before you use 1 special of the Dark Bow. This confuses the opponent and can easily get you a kill.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

True that.

\'

and of course melee being overpowered as it is has the dds that can hit dual 43's (in pvp) but can spec 4 times. dds are much better than the d bow :wall:

so you converted me with your infinite knowledge

=P~

arcane_stew.png

Saying that Jagex favors melee is silly, because they don't.

Lets look at the matchups of the combat triangle.

Melee vs. Range: These fights are usually pretty close, and in my experience the melee does usually win. The reason is probably because the fact that rangers are forced to wear items with lower def. But according to the combat triangle the Melee should own the ranger, not win like 55% of the time. How is that fair?

Range vs. Mage: No contest really. Mage will have to put on some barrows and get some more def, causing their maging to be less accurate on the already mage def crazy range. Even with that little def, they will still get owned. This is what is supposed to happen with the combat triangle.

Mage vs. Melee: This one depends on how good the mage is. Unfortunately a majority of mages are not very good at all. They'll get owned by meleers in Karils left and right. But theoretically a good mage should be able to beat a meleer, with the use of the new Miasmic spells. I'm pretty sure these are kinda pricey, but I don't actually know how much the staff costs. I don't know much aabout combos, but I know you can combo some smoke spell with smoke or blood. Basically poisoning them while lowering their attack simultaneously.

Mage won 1 matchup

Melee kinda won so we'll give them .6

Range won 1.4

The fact is is that at similar levels range does hit higher than melee. D bow's max is 96, and Dh's max is close to that. But D bow maxes are so much more common since no sane person would try to get a hit off during pvp while at 1 hp, nor would they have many chances.

The only way that I see that Jagex does favor melee is their selection of weapons(not counting spec weapons). There are so many more choices, Dh, Verac, Whip, all four different Gs's, even d scim works fine. While Range really only has Rune c'bow, and mage short (even though it kind of sucks and could be considered partially a spec weapon). Don't get me wrong, not saying that Range doesn't get the job done with a variety of different bolts, just some variety would be nice.

And regarding whether or not dds/d claws are overpowered compared to d bow. I don't have great melee stats, but still I've only had a handful of good DDS specs ever. But then again, d bow isn't so great either. It may be better than dds, but it also can be very very inaccurate on def. I've only borrowed d claws for a couple hours so I may be wrong on this, but I did find that my hits were consistently better than I usually hit with d bow.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

The title jagex favors melee might not be jagex favoring melee in power, but maybe in updates, diversity, weapons?

Melee has godswords, needs 75 attack, what else needs over 75 in a skill aside from pvp items. Surely, nothing that a mage or ranger could use. No godbows/staffs.

O.O

So what about number of updates? Just because melee has gotten quite a few crappy updates that have been used by no one at all doesn't make up for it being drastically underpowered. The best weapon is still the same-ole same-ole whip that was release in '05.

It's like saying that theving is better money then runecrafting because it's gotten more updates. Since when has 'number of updates' eclipsed 'actual usefulness of said updates'?

DeviledEgg24.png

What do you mean "diverse"?

What's the best weapon to train with: Whip

What's the best weapon to PK with: Whip

What weapon deals the most DPM: Whip

What's the best weapon to spec with: D claws

Mage has 8+ spells used on a regular basis, range has many different bows and ammo that work for different high defence\low defence situations. Melee has... well, a regular weapon and a speccing weapon. Yay :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Mage has 8+ spells used on a regular basis, range has many different bows and ammo that work for different high defence\low defence situations. Melee has... well, a regular weapon and a speccing weapon. Yay :roll:

the godsword would probably be better to pk with because it can hit higher than a whip (45 to 60)

and the whip spec is pretty fail :lol:

arcane_stew.png

the godsword would probably be better to pk with because it can hit higher than a whip (45 to 60)

and the whip spec is pretty fail :lol:

Nope, the whip's hitting advantage makes it better. It helps to have a good backup speccing weapon, though.

-.-

I don't like you =(.

Then don't argue with me :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

my clan got into a clanwar and since im the only ranger in my clan i ended up taking a lvl 138 ancienter all to myself. ( i WON :D)!!!!!!!!

arcane_stew.png

After some 400 posts, I'm pretty sure we can all agree: Jagex favors no class over another. Does this really need to stay alive?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

After some 400 posts, I'm pretty sure we can all agree: Jagex favors no class over another. Does this really need to stay alive?

Not true. Jagex massively favors magic, and range has the upper hand too. They obviously hate melee; even this topic's creator agrees.

DeviledEgg24.png

They don't hate any class; number one Jagex is made up of employees that all have differing opinions, so using a single entity jot JaGex is redundant.

And two, because a class gets more updates doesn't mean it's more favored. If there's something broken, fix it; if there's something fun, make it. That's the main thing development teams usually look at, besides times of upheaval like now, with a new CEO and new changes.

Jagex hasn't updated fishing in a long while. Do they hate it? No.

Melee, magic and ranged are all equal- if you all have the same states, circumstances, and level. When you fight a level 136 ranger that zomgpwns you in one hit and you say ranged is cheap, that's stupid. When you fight a level 52 mager that you zomgpwn in one hit and you say is underpowered, that's stupid.

Just think- Why would the JaGex RS team do anything to upset its fanbase? Because then this happens.

wow.jpg

Glad to know my homies are looking out for me.

Not true. Jagex massively favors magic, and range has the upper hand too. They obviously hate melee; even this topic's creator agrees.

Maybe PVP-wise, but PVE and normal training, melee has the upper hand in terms of cost and xp earned. So I wouldn't say Jagex favors one class over another.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Maybe PVP-wise, but PVE and normal training, melee has the upper hand in terms of cost and xp earned. So I wouldn't say Jagex favors one class over another.

What? This was settled ages ago in this thread. Melee: Max of 49k XP per hour, with little profit (at most 100k). Mage: Max of nearly 200k XP per hour with a loss made up for by charms; 70-90k possible without a loss. Range: Max of 170k XP per hour, with no loss.

Melee is significantly slower to train then mage, and vastly slower then range. We settled this debate a dozen pages ago.

DeviledEgg24.png