jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

pking vids show high hits and they don't want to show them dieing but a dm vid is just a fight to the death showing everything that happens good or bad:shock: so unedited it showed melee won :o

EDIT: who cares about your cb lvl when you can run around killing everyone and not have to worry :lol:

Because not everyone is 138? A 138 will never be able to attack a 99 range tank, so your point is irrelevant. It's like pitting a level 60 meleer against a maxed range tank, then proudly declaring range to be better.

One DM? To get a good bearing, your going to need at least 4,000 DMs. Unless you've spent a few thousand hours watching raw, unedited PVPing videos with the same equipment, armor, and stats you can't point to a youtube video and claim one combat style to be superior :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

melee weapons can spec when they want too while dragon bolts have to activate by luck and the dark bow is extremely fat and your opponet would probably eat 2-3 times before your spec came out :cry:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

melee weapons can spec when they want too while dragon bolts have to activate by luck and the dark bow is extremely fat and your opponet would probably eat 2-3 times before your spec came out :cry:

Err, what? Dark bow specs instantly, not sure what your whole 'eat 2-3 times before you can spec' nonsense is about. D fire bolts are ANOTHER method of speccing, an ADVANTAGE in addition to the regular KOing weapon - a KO so accurate and effective that most ranger PKers don't even need a dark bow.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Typically, Magic is used against Defense Pures, whereas Attack and Strength are used against eachother, and against Ranged Pures. Ranged are Used against Magic...so it sorta balances out. However, considering most people who sign up for Runescape decide "OMFMG!!!!!!!! IM GONA BE TEH BEST SORDMAN EVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", they're just trying to please the masses.

Fleekorama.png

Fleekorama.png

Fleekorama.png

Err, what? Dark bow specs instantly, not sure what your whole 'eat 2-3 times before you can spec' nonsense is about. D fire bolts are ANOTHER method of speccing, an ADVANTAGE in addition to the regular KOing weapon - a KO so accurate and effective that most ranger PKers don't even need a dark bow.

The fact that you're actually arguing rationally with this guy after 16 pages is amazing.

And all these topics are just annoying. MELEE IS OVERPOWERED DUR is annoying the heck out of me. Let me point out the Combat triangle basics:

Melee:

-Can only hit very near

-highest hit I've seen is 60-ish, by a level 138 with a whip, arguably one of the best weapons in the game

-Can penetrate defence very easily.

Range:

-Can attack from far away

-Highest I've seen hit is double 90's with a Dark Bow, instant KO

-Protection against Magic

-Can hybrid without too much of an offensive decrease.

Magic:

-Can regulaurly hit 30's to multiple targets, freezing them

-Highest I've seen is 37ish

-Ice Barrage. ANNOYING.

Back to the basic subject of this topic, the only reason there haven't been many updates for Magic and Range is because, well, there's nothing much they can update without making it too overpowered. Tell me 3 good updates they can make, reasonably, and I'll start thinking on it.

And besides, with godswords and stuff, this is pretty much the equivalent of Mage Arena spells. Barrows doesn't count because they have ranging and mage sets too, and I've seen full Karils do some nasty damage.

wow.jpg

Glad to know my homies are looking out for me.

mage short bow after or shortly before d bow spec is unbelievable 99 rangers can tank and use mage short bow and pwn me using highest def armour range is a lot more acurate than melle so your more likley to hit high with a d bow spec than a dragon dagger which always hits low normally d claws don't but there to expensive

Ieuanty.gif

ieuanty.png

drops worthy of note: karils top

slayer drops: 1 g maul 2 adamant boots

The fact that you're actually arguing rationally with this guy after 16 pages is amazing.

And all these topics are just annoying. MELEE IS OVERPOWERED DUR is annoying the heck out of me. Let me point out the Combat triangle basics:

Melee:

-Can only hit very near

-highest hit I've seen is 60-ish, by a level 138 with a whip, arguably one of the best weapons in the game

-Can penetrate defence very easily.

Range:

-Highest I've seen hit is double 90's with a Dark Bow, instant KO

-Protection against Magic

-Can hybrid without too much of an offensive decrease.

Magic:

-Can regulaurly hit 30's to multiple targets, freezing them

-Highest I've seen is 37ish

-Ice Barrage. ANNOYING.

Back to the basic subject of this topic, the only reason there haven't been many updates for Magic and Range is because, well, there's nothing much they can update without making it too overpowered. Tell me 3 good updates they can make, reasonably, and I'll start thinking on it.

And besides, with godswords and stuff, this is pretty much the equivalent of Mage Arena spells. Barrows doesn't count because they have ranging and mage sets too, and I've seen full Karils do some nasty damage.

lol go look up some melee pk vids like kasoy and sparticus possibly icegiant99

they are hitting in the 90+ range sometimes and i think kasoy hit 98 on some ranger comboing ice blitz and an ags spec in one of his vids :wall:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

We've been over this:

1) Ranger's can combo 124 damage with Blitz + Dark Bow.

2) Vids show nothing. Yes, there are high melee hits, but look at Range Tank vids. 60s with D bolts, 70 specs with Dark Bows, and these are regular hits!

3) I can hit mid 30s with Diamond bolts without a spec, and accurately on Rune Armor. Range easily competes with melee. Having problems with a GS? Add Veng and easily KO them with their own hits.

4) While in PvP, I only died to a Dhaoker because of a KO ONCE. And he was red-barred after. Range hits accurately and hard, so, with the right timing, I veng'ed and shot, taking him from some 60 hp to below 10. In one turn. Range can easily hit 30 in the next for the KO.

Stonepilot:

Whip can hit around the 40s MAX on players.

Dark Bow cannot hit double 90s. 48-48, yes.

Magic's max for 1 hit is 32, unless a castle wars.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Magiac's max is 62, period. Few people realize this and let their health get low on magic; that's their problem.

DeviledEgg24.png

As far as I'm concerned, if magic can hit often and not splash, they win.

Range is also pretty powerful, melee has got to be my least favorite class in pvp situations because of the limitations of having to stay close to my enemy.

Its not to hard to "kit" with a combination of range and mage, actually, rangers can run and attack on there own. Infact i can let off about 5 dark bow shots on a meleer while running away before they get close enough to hit, its enough to deprive there food a fair bit.

O.O

As far as I'm concerned, if magic can hit often and not splash, they win.

Range is also pretty powerful, melee has got to be my least favorite class in pvp situations because of the limitations of having to stay close to my enemy.

Its not to hard to "kit" with a combination of range and mage, actually, rangers can run and attack on there own. Infact i can let off about 5 dark bow shots on a meleer while running away before they get close enough to hit, its enough to deprive there food a fair bit.

Wow man, you must have ice barraged them like 5 times to lose off 5 dark bow shots before he got to you :lol:

[/sarcasm]

i think i will go pking in bh due to the terrible pvp drops \'

EDIT: melee can still afk train more easily than range :|

arcane_stew.png

Range trains roughly 3x faster then melee if your paying attention, and around 1.2x faster if you AFK train at spiders. Any other arguments? :|

DeviledEgg24.png

for those rangers who arn't extemely rich and can't wear verac's to pvp they get raped by alomost all melee weaps due to low slash def and most melee weaps use slash to attack :?

arcane_stew.png

Range trains roughly 3x faster then melee if your paying attention, and around 1.2x faster if you AFK train at spiders. Any other arguments? :|

Does this hold true in f2p? Lessers/mossies certainly don't feel faster than flesh crawlers/spiders, though I guess afk ranged training at spiders I haven't tried, though (no guide ever recommends it :-# )

Does this hold true in f2p? Lessers/mossies certainly don't feel faster than flesh crawlers/spiders, though I guess afk ranged training at spiders I haven't tried, though (no guide ever recommends it :-# )

F2p range > F2p melee

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

It's directed at PTP, but holds true in FTP also. Melee has two skills to train, effectively halving its XP, and putting it far below range for 'speed of training'

DeviledEgg24.png

Here compfreak look what jegix did:

poison.png

I was killing specteres which jegix gave a magic attack and I hit a total of 19 and the mage attack hit 1 so melee is 19 times more powerful. What argument do u have for that?

[hide=]Sorry im bored :wall:[/hide]

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

for those rangers who arn't extemely rich and can't wear verac's to pvp they get raped by alomost all melee weaps due to low slash def and most melee weaps use slash to attack :?

Wear Torag's helm. That'll be 400k AND you protect it. Plus get your defence up. At 71, what do you expect?

poison.png

I was killing specteres which jegix gave a magic attack and I hit a total of 19 and the mage attack hit 1 so melee is 19 times more powerful. What argument do u have for that?

JAGEX. JAva Gaming EXperts.

And stop being an obvious jerk. This is basically the same argument as posting the Video's and saying "Melee is over-powered." Do actual research, no class is favored, it is just easier to use some. Melee you click on opponenet, and you keep attacking. Wow. Lotta skill needed. Range requires some movement if you don't just sit around and let your opponent smack you around. Use the landscape to your advantage.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wear Torag's helm. That'll be 400k AND you protect it. Plus get your defence up. At 71, what do you expect?

poison.png

JAGEX. JAva Gaming EXperts.

And stop being an obvious jerk. This is basically the same argument as posting the Video's and saying "Melee is over-powered." Do actual research, no class is favored, it is just easier to use some. Melee you click on opponenet, and you keep attacking. Wow. Lotta skill needed. Range requires some movement if you don't just sit around and let your opponent smack you around. Use the landscape to your advantage.

Very smart, he was joking.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I feel that the combat triangle is fairly balanced. I am f2p so are all of these words i am about to write.

mellee is highest powered lowest speed and lowest acuracy.

mage is lowest power mid speed and highest acuracy.

range is mid powered highest speed and mid acuracy.

so the best way to kill anyone eficiently is range with rune armor on. Because it has the speed and power while keeping defence bonuses.

Mage can be extremely powerful but it takes smarts to make it good. You cannot be the best mager by spending millions like range just buyying arrows. you need to spend time in pvp to learn how to bind/ weaken your opponents. Making it the hardest to become truely skilled at.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I feel that the combat triangle is fairly balanced. I am f2p so are all of these words i am about to write.

mellee is highest powered lowest speed and lowest acuracy.

mage is lowest power mid speed and highest acuracy.

range is mid powered highest speed and mid acuracy.

so the best way to kill anyone eficiently is range with rune armor on. Because it has the speed and power while keeping defence bonuses.

Mage can be extremely powerful but it takes smarts to make it good. You cannot be the best mager by spending millions like range just buyying arrows. you need to spend time in pvp to learn how to bind/ weaken your opponents. Making it the hardest to become truely skilled at.

from when i go to f2p pvp range fails :s

i can't ever hit higher than the meleers can eat to get a ko because i can't hit very consecutively on them :cry:

arcane_stew.png