jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

If you wear vestas and i think a black mask + zamorak potions and piety you can hit 46-46

No black mask in PVP, and it still aint 49-49 (And it's still lower then a dark bow).

But that is the max, even outside of pvp, which proves him wrong on a whole new level.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wear vestas and i think a black mask + zamorak potions and piety you can hit 46-46

No black mask in PVP, and it still aint 49-49 (And it's still lower then a dark bow).

But that is the max, even outside of pvp, which proves him wrong on a whole new level.

Castle wars brace maxes (I believe) 47-47 or 48-48. And it's PVP \'

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It isn't. Bandos > Void. Strength bonus also makes a big difference; the bigger the bonus, the better void does, because it is percentage based instead of hit based. Even on an AGS spec, it maxes 77 to Bandos' 78 and Vesta's 80, so it's not worth using.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Really now... So everyone in PVP worlds running around with a void/ags are better off with bandos?

Yup. If you had high enough attack to use an AGS, or high enough defence to wear bandos, or high enough strength to see the difference, you would have known that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Well im sooorrryy =S.

It's fine, I'm just getting tired of arguing with people that can't even DO the things we are discussing.

I was always under the impression a 10% extra bonus to damage would do better than the equivalent of a strength amulets boost in power.

Nezzy helm: +4

Dark Gloves: +12

Bandos Top: +4

Bandos Tassets: +4

I'm not sure where your getting +10, but when I do the math I get +24. Compare that to 10% of 151, the bonus without void. That being said, void is actually 15-16%; your 10% number is incorrect. Still, void has a 1 lower max of 77 vs. 78 with bnados.

DeviledEgg24.png

Well im sooorrryy =S.

It's fine, I'm just getting tired of arguing with people that can't even DO the things we are discussing.

I was always under the impression a 10% extra bonus to damage would do better than the equivalent of a strength amulets boost in power.

Nezzy helm: +4

Dark Gloves: +12

Bandos Top: +4

Bandos Tassets: +4

I'm not sure where your getting +10, but when I do the math I get +24. Compare that to 10% of 151, the bonus without void. That being said, void is actually 15-16%; your 10% number is incorrect. Still, void has a 1 lower max of 77 vs. 78 with bnados.

Neitiznot helm gives +3, Barrows gloves is correct as is Bandos chestplate, tassets give +2.

So 21 strength. Still better.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Neitiznot helm gives +3, Barrows gloves is correct as is Bandos chestplate, tassets give +2.

So 21 strength. Still better.

I would make those mistakes, I was in a hurry when I typed it up :lol:

Anyway, point stands. Bandos > Void.

DeviledEgg24.png

Since when dose dds hit 49-49? Is this true holy hell that would be stupid.

He apparently watched the video howbad posted, and failed to realize it was a glitch.

muhahahahaha! :twss:

void also gives a 10% accuracy bonus with it's bonuses that equal it to maxed str (or so close it is only 1 or 2 more damage higher using maxed str bonus) so it would be better to pj in since you have more accuracy and you can cast ice bliz in it :thumbsup:

but maxed str would still give the "max" hit, even though it would take much longer because there is no accuracy boost.

EDIT: u got 200 aviansie kills before i ran out of my starting food and had to use b2p tabs =D>

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

void also gives a 10% accuracy bonus with it's bonuses that equal it to maxed str (or so close it is only 1 or 2 more damage higher using maxed str bonus) so it would be better to pj in since you have more accuracy and you can cast ice bliz in it :thumbsup:

Void has a lower max hit (and it's 15%, by the way), lunar or normal mage is used unless your comboing (in which case ahrims is better, you'll splash far too often in void) and has roughly the same accuracy due to the +12 slash from barrows gloves. Plus it has terrible defence; you'll get specced out by d bowers. I speak from experience - have you ever tried void\bandos PJing with AGS? I got off a 76-26 the other night, missed screenshot though -.-

DeviledEgg24.png

wtf? #-o

Referring to your 'muhahah' at tricking someone with your video. It's on the same level as

. Not really useful or helping your point in a debate.

DeviledEgg24.png

wtf? #-o

Referring to your 'muhahah' at tricking someone with your video. It's on the same level as

. Not really useful or helping your point in a debate.

yea lol

comp you should go get 99 range and fight some other dude with maxed stats and do some unedited DM's to prove maxed meleers lose to maxed rangers. (if that's ok with you) :?

let's not pay attention to combat levels in these fights ;)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

yea lol

comp you should go get 99 range and fight some other dude with maxed stats and do some unedited DM's to prove maxed meleers lose to maxed rangers. (if that's ok with you) :?

let's not pay attention to combat levels in these fights ;)

Ehh, I'm 70k off, I'll level it later today. Got 94-99 almost exclusively off of PVP, with a bit of mages + avansies thrown in.

Do you really want to watch 1600 hours of unedited PVP video? That's 2 hours a day for the next 2 years of your life, in case you were wondering. Even then, how do you know I haven't simply cut out fights that I lost, or faked hits?

It really comes down to experience and reputation, I can give you names of friends if you want them to vouch for me. I made over 300 friends at fight pits alone, most of them are now gone but Soy Suace, King Dan, Mooner03 and Santia can vouch for my 7+ furys and fighting skill. Not many tip.it people have fought with me much, but SirHemen and Pingum can probably vouch for my time spent testing various armor\weapon combinations in clan war, fight pits, dueling arena, fight pits, PVP worlds, Bounty Hunter, Soul Wars, Fist of Guthix, and Stealing Creation (Great place for magic tests. Oh, and did you notice that they had to beef up melee weapons IMMENSELY (+195 stab\strength on a dagger?), and MASSIVLY nerf magic (1/4 spell effects? Really, Jagex?) - and magic is STILL by far the most combat style there).

Really, it's your level 65 magic, 95 combat, and 89 range and limited experience against my maxed stats and years of experience with every combat style and method. I've proven my point mathematically and on paper; there's nothing more to be said.

DeviledEgg24.png

[

Ehh, I'm 70k off, I'll level it later today. Got 94-99 almost exclusively off of PVP, with a bit of mages + avansies thrown in.

Do you really want to watch 1600 hours of unedited PVP video? That's 2 hours a day for the next 2 years of your life, in case you were wondering. Even then, how do you know I haven't simply cut out fights that I lost, or faked hits?

It really comes down to experience and reputation, I can give you names of friends if you want them to vouch for me. I made over 300 friends at fight pits alone, most of them are now gone but Soy Suace, King Dan, Mooner03 and Santia can vouch for my 7+ furys and fighting skill. Not many tip.it people have fought with me much, but SirHemen and Pingum can probably vouch for my time spent testing various armor\weapon combinations in clan war, fight pits, dueling arena, fight pits, PVP worlds, Bounty Hunter, Soul Wars, Fist of Guthix, and Stealing Creation (Great place for magic tests. Oh, and did you notice that they had to beef up melee weapons IMMENSELY (+195 stab\strength on a dagger?), and MASSIVLY nerf magic (1/4 spell effects? Really, Jagex?) - and magic is STILL by far the most combat style there).

Really, it's your level 65 magic, 95 combat, and 89 range and limited experience against my maxed stats and years of experience with every combat style and method. I've proven my point mathematically and on paper; there's nothing more to be said.

I'm curious how you're conducting tests. I've spaded a few games, and have seen many rants on balance. The best way, in my past experience, is to use a large sample, rather than use a single person's experience. As RS doesn't have a great tracking system, I'll refer to WoW, where statistics on nearly everything can be found via combat log extraction, videos of high end tournaments, etc. While individuals may be able to use unconventional combos to great effect, in the end, the best numbers come from looking at the overall picture. MS warrior + Resto druid making up 65% of the top 2000 teams in 2v2 arena during a few seasons tends to hold a bit more weight than that Warlock Priest duo that is number one on the most hardcore PvP server during the same time. Or the representation of Hunters at the highest levels of PvP, compared with their representation among the general player base.

My point is, it's mildly amusing to see people squabbling, and I have no real interest in taking a side, but aside from hearsay and interpretations of actions carried out by those in charge, I haven't really seen any sort of solid evidence backing various arguments, many of which are being between people of vastly different experiences and personal experiences.

Gladly. I used maxed stats against other people with maxed stats, so that eliminates the stats argument. I use the 'best' armor (barrows), as does my opponent. We both use the best weapon available, an abyssal whip with a rune defender. We both use eating tricks and the same prayers\pots, so that variable is eliminated.

By doing this, I can pick and choose which variable I wish to compare; when I tested veracs vs. whip + defender, I had both people wear the exact same outfit except for the weapon, with another test run with DH body and a 3rd with proslyte body (Defence\prayer\both). Rinse and repeat for 1,600 hours, with numbers and logs (most erased with my old laptop -.- ) plus thousands of screenshots to back up results. I get very, very, VERY standardized results - we're talking about a margin of error under 1%. Statistically speaking, my results are VERY precise and accurate, with any extraneous results being thrown out on a case-by-case basis and outside factors eliminated.

Basically, it's a lot more accurate then thousands of people fighting with various armors, weapons, prayer, and levels.

DeviledEgg24.png

gratz on 99 range :o

Got it on a 11 d boot pair trip <3:

DeviledEgg24.png

Sry i havnt posted in a while

But remember everybody, melee is OP!

Mostly because of d claws...

Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

I sense a troll...

DeviledEgg24.png

Sry i havnt posted in a while

But remember everybody, melee is OP!

Mostly because of d claws...

Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids! :shame:

I sense a troll...

lol

I agreee with you. :lol:

arcane_stew.png