jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

look at your avatar

he is hitting 34-25 through melee protect

overpowered! #-o

He turned on the prayer after the numbers hit.

Can you explain the void melee glitch to me that doesn't work anymore?

I think I covered it in response to one of his earlier posts. My avatar is non-glitch, just a lucky hit (soon to be replaced with my 75-26 that I hit an hour ago, but missed screenshot... I'll be spending the next few days trying to redo it -.- )

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing overpowered about that :ohnoes:

Nope, glad you agree :P

Only thing that would be overpowered here is Dark Bow, comboing 128 max damage in 1 shot at the equivalent of 74-74 melee stats, right?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

to bad there are more maxed AGS specs in the world than dark bow specs. :thumbsup:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

wow it took u all the way to 2009 to figure that out. i go it when rune came out (it was purple when it first came out ahhh good times)

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

to bad there are more maxed AGS specs in the world than dark bow specs. :thumbsup:

That has precisely what to do with this?

DeviledEgg24.png

the fact you will max more with an ags than a d bow by a large margin #-o

Obviously you will. AGS has a lower max, meaning it's hit more often, a 1.5x higher combat requirement, and dark bow specials are delivered in 2 hit so as to hit higher on average.

A 75-73 player will hit less then a 99 ranger at the same combat level virtually every time. The 73 player is looking at a 50ish max (with very low accuracy); the 99 ranger maxes 96 with very good accuracy, especially against ANY maging armor.

DeviledEgg24.png

i wouldn't say d bow is extremly accurate since most meleers can dish out a 300+ range def bonus on their armour fairly easily making it hard to get above the 20-20 range with a d bow spec.

from my experiences of trying to hit players with high range def it hasn't gone very well

melee weapons seem to rip through large amounts of armour.. especially the d claws..

d bow is only good on low armour oponets (at least for me) like mages and people with rune :wall:

here is a guy who agrees with my dragon claws are overpowered theory:

[yt]Kk2A2Wc26qU[/yt]

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

D claws are stinky at 75 attack\73 strength. D bow is very nasty with 99 range (you happen to be 86) on 45 defence.

DeviledEgg24.png

looking at youtube vids and i found this :ohnoes:

op.jpg

Err, that's nice. Take a look at your avatar for an example of a weapon that hits higher then that without the 20% boost. Of course, it gets it anyway, so it pretty much wrecks it.

Why are you just posting random pictures of high hits? I've already proven both range AND mage superior, feel free to post against those. It has little or nothing to do with max

hit.

the thing is.... most other games favour melee too. its cheap and easy to use. =X

Pretty much sums this thread up ::'

Not at all. An equally leveled mage or range will take down a meleer without a problem. That would imply that Jagex doesn't favor melee, especially beings they haven't gotten a non-speccing weapon update in almost 4 years.

DeviledEgg24.png

from what i've seen melee hits through heavy armour more easily. :-k

Then you must not have seen much. Melee hits about 1 in 10 on heavy armor, mage misses about 1 in 10. A hundredfold difference. Think before you speak.

DeviledEgg24.png

Then you must not have seen much. Melee hits about 1 in 10 on heavy armor, mage misses about 1 in 10. A hundredfold difference. Think before you speak.

I ment range hits less on heavy armour than melee does. #-o

arcane_stew.png

I ment range hits less on heavy armour than melee does. #-o

I'm willing to test it out with you. 75 attack\73 strength vs 99 range, we'll see which hits better.

DeviledEgg24.png

no class is overpowered or favoured by jagex; if you are skilled with any class you can easily wipe out others of the class, and mixing them together in combos only makes you deadlier. example, mage double/triple stack combos with good range weaps or blitz+ags can easily kill anyone, just as effective use of dragon(e) bolts and magic can be used to kill almost anyone easily.

the argument of OMG [class here] IS OVERPOWERED often comes from those who arent inteligent enough to use them properly. just blindly attacking with no combo and no tactics is always gonna end up badly. learn to fight with a class properly, and you realise it is just as good as the others.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

no class is overpowered or favoured by jagex; if you are skilled with any class you can easily wipe out others of the class, and mixing them together in combos only makes you deadlier. example, mage double/triple stack combos with good range weaps or blitz+ags can easily kill anyone, just as effective use of dragon(e) bolts and magic can be used to kill almost anyone easily.

the argument of OMG [class here] IS OVERPOWERED often comes from those who arent inteligent enough to use them properly. just blindly attacking with no combo and no tactics is always gonna end up badly. learn to fight with a class properly, and you realise it is just as good as the others.

Except for melee :-#

I guess its made up for in the ability to max out 1.5x higher then range\mage, but either range OR mage will decimate melee at the same combat level :|

DeviledEgg24.png

range needs godbows or dragon crossbow to balence out the overpoweredness of dragon claws :|

(i trained summoning like you wanted and it OWNS!!! :twss:)

arcane_stew.png

range needs godbows or dragon crossbow to balence out the overpoweredness of dragon claws :|

(i trained summoning like you wanted and it OWNS!!! :twss:)

Gratz, now start training range and mage and you'll learn a few things about them too.

Melee is supposed to beat range. Currently, melee can spec twice with dragon claws and hope for a KO, which they probably won't get against rangers huge slash bonus, then spend the rest of the fight eating like crazy to make up for ranges constant, accurate hits.

DeviledEgg24.png

you mean rangers low slash defence right?

and accurate hits are bad when you opponet uses vengeance and then you blow up from a massive godsword hit. :wall:

arcane_stew.png

you mean rangers low slash defence right?

and accurate hits are bad when you opponet uses vengeance and then you blow up from a massive godsword hit. :wall:

Nope, I mean high slash defence. Rangers, due to their already-high magic and defence, have vengance far more often then meleers - and meleers infrequent, high hits work horribly against them in that regard. A 78 AGS spec veng 58 + a 60 dragonfire = 118 hit. Heck, half the meleers I see are under 58 HP when speccing, you usually wait until things look bad. Oh, and that meleers weapon costs him 65m if he runs into a clan of lunar mages, the rangers costs him.. 12k?

DeviledEgg24.png