jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

the thing about farcasting with anchients is your imune to freeze for 10 seconds after your released and thats is someone doesnt pj the mage while he is farcasting.

this is when you get pjed by the new overpowered d claws.

dclaws.jpg

They aren't overpowered, and they aren't all that great. With a good slash defence you have nothing to fear; I've speced 0-1 0-1 many a time. It's easy to keep an eye out for PJers; just watch for anyone running at the angle to attack you. Tactics, not blindly attacking you opponent, is what makes magic so great.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range and magic are already extremely powerful. I can frequently defeat 130+ players with my 96 range - hitting as well or better then my (almost) maxed melee stats! A single miasmic barrage will completely change the outcome of a fight, and range and magic still hold exclusive rights to multiple targets, especially mage.

D2h \'

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Range and magic are already extremely powerful. I can frequently defeat 130+ players with my 96 range - hitting as well or better then my (almost) maxed melee stats! A single miasmic barrage will completely change the outcome of a fight, and range and magic still hold exclusive rights to multiple targets, especially mage.

D2h \'

Complete waste. Terribly inaccurate, only get 1 spec, likely to deal much more damage with dd++\ags\d claws

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

the thing about farcasting with anchients is your imune to freeze for 10 seconds after your released and thats is someone doesnt pj the mage while he is farcasting.

well theres far more chance of getting pjed by some ranger with dbow then with a melee with dclaws

the meleer would have to stand next 2 you and that way u can forsee hell pj u or he will have to run to u as comp has explained... the ranger just specs u from just outside ur minimap and then ur most of the time totaly doomed. wont be first time i lose my kill or get owned before i even understand whats happening

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

well theres far more chance of getting pjed by some ranger with dbow then with a melee with dclaws

the meleer would have to stand next 2 you and that way u can forsee hell pj u or he will have to run to u as comp has explained... the ranger just specs u from just outside ur minimap and then ur most of the time totaly doomed. wont be first time i lose my kill or get owned before i even understand whats happening

D bow can't 1 hit 99 hp, and it's not outside the minimap; the farthest d bow range is well within the camera, and you have plenty of time to tele (if it's a lucky almost KO spec) or eat before he can get another shot off.

DeviledEgg24.png

but d claws specs are so close together you might not know what happened till you spawn in fally.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

but d claws specs are so close together you might not know what happened till you spawn in fally.

Not at all. You get an advanced warning, the animation, and the specials are actually 2 separate sets of hits that you can eat\tele in between, making the d claws much less of a 'surprise' weapon then other specials.

DeviledEgg24.png

D bow can't 1 hit 99 hp, and it's not outside the minimap; the farthest d bow range is well within the camera, and you have plenty of time to tele (if it's a lucky almost KO spec) or eat before he can get another shot off.

i kno i cant hit 99 but as u kno, mostly pll dont have 99 hp either... and if ur fighting some1 ur ph will more likely be around 50-60 and thats something u can hit with dbow

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

i kno i cant hit 99 but as u kno, mostly pll dont have 99 hp either... and if ur fighting some1 ur ph will more likely be around 50-60 and thats something u can hit with dbow

As we were referring to in the first post, we are discussing near maxed players; at any rate, someone your level is not going to be fighting in void, and probably won't even have 99 range.

DeviledEgg24.png

ok u got a point, my appolagies (is it spelled like this? :? )

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

with the dark bow i hit a 40 - 40 hit in clan wars ffa yesterday the dude i hit on was lvl 107 and when he got hit he yelled out "omfg hax" before he died lol.

i also hit a 59 on him with dragon bolts ftw

mostly with the dark bow i get one hit thats like 35 and the other hit is like 10 or somthing low :|

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

D2h \'

Complete waste. Terribly inaccurate, only get 1 spec, likely to deal much more damage with dd++\ags\d claws

You are right,they are terrible, A hideous weapon. Doesn't change the fact that meleers can hit multiple targets :mrgreen: .

ok u got a point, my apologies (is it spelled like this? :? )No, its spelled like that.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

D2h \'

You are right,they are terrible, A hideous weapon. Doesn't change the fact that meleers can hit multiple targets :mrgreen: .

ok u got a point, my apologies (is it spelled like this? :? )No, its spelled like that.

And the price of beans in china is up 3 cents.

Now, as I was saying, mage is the only combat style (that is worth using, happy?) that damage multiple players at once.

DeviledEgg24.png

• 2 weeks later...

1 mage could take3 meleers using no food and only spells...

range cant even take 2 dds at once...

melee can have over 410 range def and hit uber high... fairness please? -.-

arcane_stew.png

1 mage could take3 meleers using no food and only spells...

range cant even take 2 dds at once...

melee can have over 410 range def and hit uber high... fairness please? -.-

Range is crazily overpowered. A level 10x with 99 range\defence will take down any meleer near his level, regardless of their stats. A 45 defence meleer with 99 attack\strength will be hit faster then he can eat by 99 range, and his only hope of living is making it to the exit, constantly eating, before he's KOed.

DeviledEgg24.png

lol

can you tell me why it is the least trained cb stat then?

Really? Here's an idea: look up your information before making unfounded statements

magicrankgo1.jpg

rangerankzo2.jpg

That's odd. 3,000 more people have 99 range then 99 magic. Looks like your statement is busted.

Anyway, the majority of people train melee simply because it maxes out higher (a maxed meleer has a very slight advantage over a 99 ranger), and they don't know how to train range effectively; avansies\chinchompas is 160k XP\hour for free, instead of 60k XP\hour for free at yaks or experiments.

Magic requires brains and tactics, something most RS players aren't prepared for, and as such fewer realize its potential. It still is unbelievably useful; one is pretty much forced to train to 65 for all of the basic spells.

DeviledEgg24.png

hmmm

seems like i was wrong :cry:

but most people i meet have range as their lowest stat :/

arcane_stew.png

hmmm

Unfortunately, the 26,000 people in the highscores indicate otherwise :-w

DeviledEgg24.png

hmmm

I contradict that statement with the fact that the 2,000,000 (last) rank in the hi-scores is range at level 45 and mage at level 47. Dosen't prove much but... Also to go with compfreak range has 4-5 people with 200m xp and mage is topped at 122m xp.

Not really a reason to train mage after 99 though.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

hmmm

I contradict that statement with the fact that the 2,000,000 (last) rank in the hi-scores is range at level 45 and mage at level 47. Dosen't prove much but... Also to go with compfreak range has 4-5 people with 200m xp and mage is topped at 122m xp.

Already mentioned before. Mage essentially has to be leveled to 55 to access teleports and alchs, whereas there is no obligation to level range if you don't plan on using it. There's also no reason to train range after 99 :P :P

DeviledEgg24.png

hmmm

Already mentioned before. Mage essentially has to be leveled to 55 to access teleports and alchs, whereas there is no obligation to level range if you don't plan on using it. There's also no reason to train range after 99 :P :P

Aviansies at 99 range? It still nets xp so its training right?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

hmmm

Aviansies at 99 range? It still nets xp so its training right?

I've got over 17m mage XP and rising from rock lobsters, I'll have 25m+ before I'm done. Few maxed players with 99 range are going to use Avansies for money, better to boss hunt.

DeviledEgg24.png