jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

ever wonder why runescape unlike msot other rrpgs allows you to use all types of combat??? because we arent supposed to be restricted to one type if you think melee is better get your melee up why must you allign yourself to range or magic the whole point is to get all stats up

According to that logic, why should Jagex ever bother fixing broken parts of the game? You're supposed to play the whole game, who cares if parts suck.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melee hits very high. Very very high... it can kill people very quickly. Dds can kill quick, and dragon claws even quicker. They aren't very accurate on other armor, but against rangers and especially mages, they're super deadly. If a meleer surprise attacks a mage, screw the combat triangle, the mage is dead.

Range hits very high too, but not as high. It hits through melee armor quite well. A ranger with a dark bow can one hit kill almost anyone from a distance if they're lucky. They can beat meleers and especially mages. Also, meleers can wear range armor for magic defence, thus wrecking the combat triangle, so the mage has a disadvantage. Simply put, melee takes half of the reason range beats mage, thus tipping the balance.

Not to mention range's special bolt abilities. Range is great against bosses because of their ability to hit 20% of the opponent's hp. Against monsters, range is great, it's cheap, strong, and you can kill certain monsters without damage.

Melee is also great for monsters, as barely any use magic, and melee armor defends against range and melee well. The biggest flaw in melee against mages is their close range only weapons. Against monsters... that's negated. Melee is best for Ppayer versus monster except on a few occasions.

Magic... It can hit up to 30 damage from a distance, and freeze the opponent for 20 seconds! Great. Against range, the ranger just keeps shooting, doing much more damage at a faster rate, and more accurately. In other words, magic has no chance to beat range, yet range can beat melee quite often.

Against melee, mage can freeze the meleer in place, so they can't even attack. Sounds good, but if they miss once, the meleer can kill the mage very very quickly with a special attack. Don't forget the fact that meleers can wear RANGER AMROR without ANY negative bonuses! Mage hasn't had an update in a long long time, and it's very expensive compared to the others, meaning, it's just not fun to use.

When fighting monsters, magic can fight some without taking damage, like range, hooray! However magic costs more, hits lower, and attacks slower. The only good part about magic against monsters is that with ancients you can hit multiple monsters. It works in pvp too, but doesn't exactly come in use often, if ever.

So, let me sum that up...

Range:

pvp: beats melee sometimes and mage always

pvm: very good but melee is better

Melee:

pvp: beats range usually and always beats magic if they get the first hit, but otherwise, magic usually wins IF the meleer doesn't use range armor, but if they do, they will probably win

pvm: probably the best, high defence against range and melee, and monsters barely use magic

Magic:

pvp: beats a stupid meleer, if they wear range armor, mages will probably lose, always loses to range

pvm: very expensive and you can only survive if you safespot, the multitarget is great, but super expensive

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

range cant max anywhere near 60 with 60 range :wall:

Psst. Rune c bow = 61 range. Dragon bolts = 61 range. Dragon bolts = hitting 60. I could go all technical on you and say you can max 150 with 46 range, but that doesn't apply to all monsters. Just throwing that out there, though. And if you get +20% on a flagholder's summon, range's max could be considered to be 180 with 46 range. What was that about melee again? You want to try a corporal beast with melee alone?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Psst. Rune c bow = 61 range. Dragon bolts = 61 range. Dragon bolts = hitting 60. I could go all technical on you and say you can max 150 with 46 range, but that doesn't apply to all monsters. Just throwing that out there, though. And if you get +20% on a flagholder's summon, range's max could be considered to be 180 with 46 range. What was that about melee again? You want to try a corporal beast with melee alone?

Dragon bolts dont hit 60 at low range, i max 55 at 99 with 1 prayer.

I'm talking about the special, which maxes 60 regardless of range level, bonus, prayer, or potions.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

if you wana play that way range can hit 440 in one go

all you have to do is hit 110 four times on a long skillcape emote (prayer) or something

no matter what way you play melee will always be more overpowered =]

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I'm talking about the special, which maxes 60 regardless of range level, bonus, prayer, or potions.

dude dragon bolts (e) dont hit 60 no matter what

range level does have somthing to do with it

at 70 range i maxed like 40 somthing with the spec lol

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

dude dragon bolts (e) dont hit 60 no matter what

range level does have somthing to do with it

at 70 range i maxed like 40 somthing with the spec lol

How much testing have you done? I'm fairly certain that the max stays the same, like ruby bolts, but I could be wrong. Even so, 60 at 99 range is about equal to melee's max at 74-74 stats. And by the way, 99 range will make 74-74melee stats look like a joke. Max hit is still a terrible way to compare skills.

DeviledEgg24.png

here are some melee maxes

whip max

omfgnoob.jpg

DDS max (4 specs)

omgoverpowered.jpg

drag mace max (4 specs)

overpowered.jpg

d long max (4 specs) OMFG is RIGHT! -.-

overpowered1.jpg

SS max (1 spec)

overpowered10.jpg

drag 2H max (1 spec)

overpowered11.jpg

AGS max (2 specs) hmmmmmmmm.... #-o

overpowered12.jpg

drag hally max (3 specs) omg...

overpowered2.jpg

GS reg hit max

overpowered3.jpg

BGS max (1 spec) thats -9 def for me lol!

overpowered4.jpg

dh max (omfg) :wall:

overpowered5.jpg

anchor max

overpowered6.jpg

feet max (wtf!)

overpowered7.jpg

obby maul max

overpowered8.jpg

black salamander max

ovwepowered7.jpg

granite maul max ( definatly nothing overpowered here! :twss: )

overpowered9.jpg

arcane_stew.png

i notice once i put up melee maxes people stop arguing with me

it seems that i win \'

I stopped arguing because you never countered my final points. Posting pictures of max hits does nothing to that. Notice the hit in your sig, higher then all but one of the hits - the one that cannot be accomplished on a player! D bow and DH both have a max of 96, making melee and range absolutely equal in that area. Except that the ranger has a FAR lower combat level, and doesn't have to be at 1 HP to do it. Not that max hits are any indication whatsoever of the power of a combat class.

DeviledEgg24.png

Melee is the strongest. The ability to hybrid is what gives them such versatility. The fact that they lose no stats (from their weapon) when switching to karils/ahrims/w.e is pretty darn strong.

I also think a lot of the new items and stuff have made dbow hitting 96 virtually impossible. If two players using their best stuff were fighting the new shields would stop a 96. On the other hand using a DDS and smite you could destroy their prayer and still have specs left to KO with....

I mean, range shouldn't beat melee but melee definitely should not be beating mage which it currently can.

And (more, I know) Jagex does favor melee in their releases. God swords, spirit shields, dclaws, and I'm sure some other staff have all come out recently (semi in GS's case but w.e) while mage and range have received fewer updates.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Melee is the strongest. The ability to hybrid is what gives them such versatility. The fact that they lose no stats (from their weapon) when switching to karils/ahrims/w.e is pretty darn strong.

I also think a lot of the new items and stuff have made dbow hitting 96 virtually impossible. If two players using their best stuff were fighting the new shields would stop a 96. On the other hand using a DDS and smite you could destroy their prayer and still have specs left to KO with....

I mean, range shouldn't beat melee but melee definitely should not be beating mage which it currently can.

And (more, I know) Jagex does favor melee in their releases. God swords, spirit shields, dclaws, and I'm sure some other staff have all come out recently (semi in GS's case but w.e) while mage and range have received fewer updates.

Mage can, and still, will easily beat melee. Range and melee are very close; dd++ is VERY inaccurate, and a regular rune crossbow with diamond bolts frequently outhits 99 attack\strength with 99 range, despite the 99 ranger being FAR lower combat.

DeviledEgg24.png

i would say from my experiences that dds are more accurate than d bow in high damagewise

How much have you tested this? I've spent at least 700 hours in PVP, over half of them with dd++. I went from 92-98 strength in fight pits with a flail, dd++, and bandos godsword. I have spent dozens of hours dark bowing, ranging, and comboing. Trying to spec 99 defence\torags\DFS with a dd++ is a 0-0 virtually ALL of the time.

DeviledEgg24.png

campare pking vid with dds to pking with d bow (lord makeup) the d bow vids almost always kill people with low armour

the dds seem to rip everyone apart -.-

arcane_stew.png

campare pking vid with dds to pking with d bow (lord makeup) the d bow vids almost always kill people with low armour

the dds seem to rip everyone apart -.-

Not in real, high level PVP. There's also plenty of vids of dark bow pjing (ice blitz + dark bow spec = KO, period). They pick and choose the best of all their specs for those vids; more people spec with a dd++, so there are more videos of it.

DeviledEgg24.png

i know how to use range and i know how to use magic, and i can easily tell you the reason im now maxing mele eis because its so much stonger than range,mage i dont care if i can hit you with a dark bow at a distance for 96 once every 1000 goes because ill die in full void 10 times before i hit that number and the simple fact is after that mighty 96 your oppoenent will have eaten to 60-80 hp with sharks before you get your next non special arrows off.

by which time he can go melee you with dds, ags and ko you in a second which is why its over powered.

Dont go saying magic is good enough with ancients just beacuse in castle wars people get owned as the food in castle wars heals like 9 a go, your pray runs out in a minute, you cant wear a cape and hat and people dont usualy pot up permanently so infact thats a terrible example. barrage is only good fo wars where you can hit multiple enemys at once other than that its fail.

Hitting soemone with a whip for 38-45 compared to rune cbolts which both do around the same damage yet the whip being twice as fast.

DDS on anything with low armor is pure win and as stated before ags is compeltely op.

The only counter is the silly miasmic barrge which yes is realy really overpowered but ive enver had anyone use it on me as spending 5m on it means you have to earn 5m profit from using the spell which is quite unlikely if your relying on range and mage to ko. Of course the miasmic barrage could be usefull if you follow it up with the over powered melee.

as soemone stated earlier melee is favored and overpowered there is no point denying it, but it only makles sense when its the favored form of combat and doesnt cost anything but the wepon cost to use. Its great business sense to improve what most of your customers use.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

i know how to use range and i know how to use magic, and i can easily tell you the reason im now maxing mele eis because its so much stonger than range,mage i dont care if i can hit you with a dark bow at a distance for 96 once every 1000 goes because ill die in full void 10 times before i hit that number and the simple fact is after that mighty 96 your oppoenent will have eaten to 60-80 hp with sharks before you get your next non special arrows off.

by which time he can go melee you with dds, ags and ko you in a second which is why its over powered.

Dark bow is for a KO, not a fighting weapon. DD++ is so horribly inaccurate that its max cannont even be mentoined. About 5 out of 100 dd++ specials land both specials on me in tank gear, and even then the average hit is only 40 (at the most, usually closer to 30 or 20). AGS isn't that accurate either; over half the time, I spec 0-0 on high level players in good armor.

Dont go saying magic is good enough with ancients just beacuse in castle wars people get owned as the food in castle wars heals like 9 a go, your pray runs out in a minute, you cant wear a cape and hat and people dont usualy pot up permanently so infact thats a terrible example. barrage is only good fo wars where you can hit multiple enemys at once other than that its fail.

Try 14 HP a go, virtually everyone uses braclet. Every high level player I know super sets before the game, a hat and cape would help mages more then anyone. Therefore, it's a bad example, as melee (should) have the upper hand.

Hitting soemone with a whip for 38-45 compared to rune cbolts which both do around the same damage yet the whip being twice as fast.

Whip is 1.5x as fast as crossbow, FAR less accurate, and even at 99 strength (at which your combat would be far higher then the rangers), the max in the best PVP equipment is only around 40. Rune crossbow maxes 55s, and is MUCH more accurate.

DDS on anything with low armor is pure win and as stated before ags is compeltely op.

Any wep is a pure win on pures. An 80+ ranger can hit faster then they can heal, and a dark bow will do very nasty things to them.

The only counter is the silly miasmic barrge which yes is realy really overpowered but ive enver had anyone use it on me as spending 5m on it means you have to earn 5m profit from using the spell which is quite unlikely if your relying on range and mage to ko. Of course the miasmic barrage could be usefull if you follow it up with the over powered melee.

I'm not sure what version of runescape you play, but in our version the staff costs around 4.5k (and dropping) for a miasmic barrage that will usually last the duration of the fight. Which won't be very long.

as soemone stated earlier melee is favored and overpowered there is no point denying it, but it only makles sense when its the favored form of combat and doesnt cost anything but the wepon cost to use. Its great business sense to improve what most of your customers use.

Many people use melee, although range is now on the rise, simply because they don't know how to use it and because magic costs more.

DeviledEgg24.png

woot 20% to 99 \'

i was manhandled by dds

its preooly because i always fight people over my lvl by around 10 or more lol ::'

arcane_stew.png

woot 20% to 99 \'

i was manhandled by dds

its preooly because i always fight people over my lvl by around 10 or more lol ::'

That explains a lot :lol:

A ranger 10+ levels above you would demolish you with 99 range. I would know; I've been 3 hit with a rune crossbow (non spec, no void) with 99 defence super setted, piety, full torags and DFS. And that's non spec. I can defeat anyone 120 or under, sometimes 130, with range. Even though I should be around level 100.

DeviledEgg24.png

Does it matter?

Really they dont.

Melee is weak in comparison to magic and range. Compare the whip, probably altogether the best weapon there is in runescape. Add a few ags or sgs specs in depending on the situation and you got it.

They're all incredibly expensive. 1.5m might not seem like much, but in the longrun for most people it is.

Magic has ancients. Gives you an extreme upper hand in clan pking. With the ability to hit extremely hard with the ice spells, 30+ on a single target. If not 30, than atleast 28. Magic can also bind people in a spot with that or other spells. Hit accurate 20-30 with a god spell charged.

Magic is also a skilled combat. Meaning it needs skill to be used. Unlike melee, pointless clicking, mage has to be used in proper situations. The best situation for melee is when you're low on hp and need to heal with an sgs spec, or say, using the KO potential of the d claws.

Ranged, is already overpowered. It was very lame in RSC and now they made it great. You can hit as high as a whip with 61 ranged and a few expensive bolts as you would with 80(+/-2) strength.

And as mentioned in the FIRST post, there are godstaves for magic.

Overall magic is the strongest. The ability to hit extremely high, bind, and on numerous opponents obviously wins. :thumbup:

I dont need a siggy no moar.