jagex favors melee

howbadisbad

^Thats 2 hits. :?

They all hit at the same time, with no delay for eating. And the total damage is 120, higher then the maximum possible HP. So surving one is completely luck. From two 'weak' combat styles. That you can use at 51 combat. So yeah, a level 51 that can easily, and OFTEN, hit over 120 in a SINGLE hit. And they say melee is good at KOing.

yea because you only have 1 shot to k0 with d bow because it has only one spec and its followup attack gives the player enough time to eat 60-80 hp worth of food. while th dds can be pulled out at any time (ussually when enemy is less than half hp) and spec all 4 times with damage comparable to the d bow but you have 4 specs. -.-

saw a

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Dagger: 30 K

Dark Bow: 859 K

Seeing the look on someone's face as you're speccing them for 40's four times in a row: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

If I specced 40s four times in a row, my face would probably look weird too. Not sure what the dark bow vs. drag dagger price thing is about, I can earn that much money in less then an hour, whereas 99 range\attack\strength\defence takes around 1,400 hours.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Dragon Dagger: 30 K

Dark Bow: 859 K

Seeing the look on someone's face as you're speccing them for 40's four times in a row: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

omfg this will b in my new signature! \' :thumbsup: :twss:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

to help u stop crying about the specs of a d bow...

look at this vid and dont mind the kills or the spec but watch the moments he just shoots with his dbow and ull see he doesnt hit that bad for a terrebly underpowerd weapon...

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

it isnt best vid u can find but this way u get the point..

btw elusefelier, nice quote even if it had nothing to do with the whole tread :P

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

look at this vid and dont mind the kills or the spec but watch the moments he just shoots with his dbow and ull see he doesnt hit that bad for a terrebly underpowerd weapon...

that vid was pathetic his only hits that even hit remotly high were on 1 itemers and the rest failed like no other.

zooming in on hits like 42 is pretty pathetic since i can hit that when i pot easily. -.-

this vid proves nothing.

go look up some melee vids and se how they hit epic high with dds on people that actually have armour. :lol:

arcane_stew.png

that vid was pathetic his only hits that even hit remotly high were on 1 itemers and the rest failed like no other.

zooming in on hits like 42 is pretty pathetic since i can hit that when i pot easily. -.-

this vid proves nothing.

go look up some melee vids and se how they hit epic high with dds on people that actually have armour. :lol:

Vids, again, prove nothing. I've seen plenty of great dark bow vids too, but the ultimate in combat types is not going to be determined from videos. Melee requires far less skill, therefore the vast majority use it, and the vast majority of videos are made of it. It stands to reason that there would be more melee videos, but that is meaningless.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

today with 64 str void rune boots a glory for my only str bonuses i hit dual 23's with drag hally and it can spec 3 times

the d bow at 64 range could probably hit the same but only spec 1nce hmmmmmmm.... -.-

arcane_stew.png

today with 64 str void rune boots a glory for my only str bonuses i hit dual 23's with drag hally and it can spec 3 times

the d bow at 64 range could probably hit the same but only spec 1nce hmmmmmmm.... -.-

But the same level 64 ranger could hit 40+ with regular non spec bolts.

DeviledEgg24.png

well i think we can all agree that summoning is worthless exept for the beasts of burdon lol \'

arcane_stew.png

well i think we can all agree that summoning is worthless exept for the beasts of burdon lol \'

Let's see, so far summoning has made me (looks at bank) around 380 M from GWD. Unicorn = 3x the length of trips at sara with a 3 man, 10+ hour 4 man trips. I recently went on a 3 man with a couple of friends; they brought terrorbirds, I brought unicorn. We lasted for 55 kills, and I used 0 doses of sara brew, 0 purple sweets, and 1 dose of super restore to summon my 2nd unicorn. I could easily have lasted for 150+ kills. Combat summons are also very helpful at higher levels; my geyser titan boosts my range XP by 12k per hour, and offers significantly faster kills + tanks for me. Beasts of burden are also unbelievably helpful, and I hear that a steel titan offers a huge amount of range XP\hour.

DeviledEgg24.png

It depends on whether or not you bother to train it past level 35 or so.

Or level 9 :-w

DeviledEgg24.png

maybe i should start training summoning =o

Yes, you should. At least start before you start bashing it ;)

DeviledEgg24.png

omfg all the new weapons and armour are for melee just to name a few

-godswords

-dragon claws

-dragon platebody

why doesnt range have godbows?

why doesnt mage have godstaves?

wtf! no wonder melee is what the overwhelming majority of players use in combat.

there are 2 other skills that could use updates you know!

anyone think that they should make an armadyl crossbow, and another bandos item, relating to the type of attack they have. I just think its stupid they have melee weapons for armadyl, but you need to range it

[hide=]piemaster356.png[/hide]

[hide=]Piemaster356.png[/hide]

Piemaster356-Demonsbane37.gif

To add to the above posts about the video, you also have to remember this:

A video is a compilation of good things, so in order to get all those 40's (which were mainly on 1 itemers :roll:) he probably attacked way more then that. You wouldn't show 0 splashes (which he did, which kind of withers away my point) all the time.

Video = useless.

abr3qr2.jpg

Make the same mistake twice,

Burst of red and green covering me.

Brings the things that she loves,

I should let it fold over.

maybe i should start training summoning =o

maybe you will

Summoning is a badass skill

*summons granite crab* muahahahahahhahhaahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!! \'

OMFG IS RIGHT NOOB.

overpowered1.jpg

arcane_stew.png

Ok. The reason people use melee over range is because

1: in f2p, range is massively underpowered

2: in p2p, decent ranging weapons, gear, and arrows, cost more than a sword. Buy a dragon long and a dds for maybe 150k at most and you're set. buy a dark bow or seercull or rune crossbow and maybe 1,000 decent arrows/bolts and you're heading off to the poor-house. And eventually you'll need more arrows

3: ranged projectiles (shootables) cost significantly more to poison.

The reason people use melle over magic is because

1: MAGIC COSTS A BUTTLOAD OF CASH

2: The best hit that I know of with magic can only be a 30 with a godspell and charge. Melee can hit hits exceeding 70 damage at once.

3: Same reason as reason 2 for ranged.

4: D'hide defense = MAGIC EPIC PHAIL!!!

5: Melee cost time. Magic costs cash + Mindless clicking

Jagex doesn't favor melee, melee is just significantly easier to devlope.

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

This is almost as non-sensible and not thought through as the RS died a year ago today thread.

Magic and Range has had just as many updates as Melee did. God staves, mage arena, darkbow, god spells, and such are examples they get plenty too. in terms of armor, melee would need it more because they're close range.

Thinking is a beautiful thing.

GG.gif