85+ on slayer: worth it?

oake

I just finished my 85 slayer goal, killed a few abbys, but camping is noobish :P

Should i continue with slayer? maybe make it 90?

Don't see the point when whips are more valuable the d bows...

So what do u say then?

Oake

I'd continue with slayer since you will get abby tasks and a whip eventually. Dark bows may not be worth it but 90 slayer is an ownage level to get either way.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I think training slayer for combat is the way to go. It yields xp in all combat stats, great drops (dragon boots, whips) cash, herbs, seeds and clues. If you only train it to unlock " great drops" don't bother and go GWD and hope for a hilt.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Slayer is a big pile of rubbish for profit these days. Way back when 85 was awesome as it meant whips which were 3 mil a pop. Now your looking at 1.5mil, with the drop rate seemingly slashed.

Reason I started slayer was for cash. However it soon became obvious I was never going to get rich via it. Trouble is, slayer is still the coolest and most respected cape in the game. It also provides a very good way to train combat, and profit in the long run.

You'd be a fool to stop slayer as it is a good skill to have high and you will profit in the long term. Plus Jagex will one day release a level 95 slayer monster and you'd be one step ahead of the game then.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

As a certain compfreak would rightfully say if he were to give you advice. Train it only if you enjoy the skill and want to get higher levels in it. Making money and getting combat xp through slayer is not the most efficient way out there. Sure JaGeX might release some 95 slayer monster, but chances are it will have rubbish drops like the dark beast. Bad combat xp and slight profit. I keep on slaying still at 98 slayer for the fun of the skill.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Continue to slay only if you enjoy it. I still slay after level 99 simply because I enjoy it, and that's what you're supposed to do in a game. If you choose to slay onward, you will get combat xp, a ton of charms, and a decent sum of cash. It may not be the best of each thing, but it's a good balance.

Foooman.png

Thank You guys for the encourgement and all the good comments. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think i will go with slayer in a long term goal, because i like the variety and the cash pile that is building in my bank without noticing it ::'

tip.it community is so ftw <3:<3:

Oake

I would only recommend continuing on with slayer training if you have fun doing it. The cash adds up from the drops, not just from whips or d bows. I know it's not as profitable nowadays as compared to when whips sold for 6mil then 4 mil apiece but it's still a great way to train your melee skills as the same time.

I still slay a lot since I really like it. And the cape is one of the most respected and coolest capes in the game. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

aglipoy.png

By time im 85 slayer. Im gonna ave my Bunyip and ill be camping at abbys.

Which is pointless as you lose out on slayer XP. Whip drops are rare these days (1/500) and only worth 1.5mil. Your better off sticking with slayer the full route. Or if it is only cash you're after, GWD.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Which is pointless as you lose out on slayer XP. Whip drops are rare these days (1/500) and only worth 1.5mil. Your better off sticking with slayer the full route. Or if it is only cash you're after, GWD.

isnt gwd alot harder though? my main was mem and when i did armadyl the most profit i got (even with a nice clan) was the aviance drops of noted addy bars. I would think camping at abby demons would give more profit and their definitly easier to get to.

xturtx - range tank:

xturtx.png

isnt gwd alot harder though? my main was mem and when i did armadyl the most profit i got (even with a nice clan) was the aviance drops of noted addy bars. I would think camping at abby demons would give more profit and their definitly easier to get to.

GWD is better cash. Bandos/Zammy being favs for meleers.

However I would stick to slayer, just not for profit.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!