Dust Devils?

Captainkidd

I just got full void and I'm currently using it to get from 55 - 65 slayer.

My hope was to make a little money but most of all, collect charms and get all my melee combat stats to 90, though I have a couple of questions.

1. How are they for collecting charms?

2. Could I use melee void effectively at them?

3. Around how much exp per hour are they?

~ Captainkidd

1. How are they for collecting charms?

They drop decent crimson charms

2. Could I use melee void effectively at them?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You must either use slayer helm or facemask with it. W/o those helm, you'll die in like 5 seconds.

Depends... if no dragon chain, it'll be like 40-50k?

If dragon chain, it'll be like 5-6mil.

~Bomb

Depends... if no dragon chain, it'll be like 40-50k?

If dragon chain, it'll be like 5-6mil.~Bomb

lmao

I take it you miss read the question.

If only you could convert gp to exp...

1. Yes there one of the best crimson charm droppers.

2. You need a face mask or slayer helm else you'll get owned.

3. Not tried them on my new acc and last time I tried them was before summoning so I can't give you any valid figures.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Meleeing them is pointless, try ranging instead. They are very good crimson charm droppers, they drop charms about 50% of the time, and the vast majority of those dropped will be crimson.

Its faster and more efficient to melee them so how, might I ask, is that useless?

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Meleeing anything you can range just seems pointless to me. And "faster and more efficient" would depend on the person's levels, no?

You can range almost all monster in RS. Only cyclops are immune to it. I take it you mean training range from a safe spot. The OP asks about melee and you suggest ranging them as melee is useless... in your opinion. You are clearly not helping him, you are rather pushing him in your way of training based on... your definition of efficiency without facts to back you up. That is a pretty lame advice.

Going back on topic.

1- good crimson dropper, not the best one

2- as people said: no

3- depending on your stats, I average 55-60k xp meleeing them in the Chaos Tunnel when it is not too crowded with maxed out melee, pots and t-bird. But that"s with bandos, sara GS and on slayer task only.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Meleeing anything you can range just seems pointless to me. And "faster and more efficient" would depend on the person's levels, no?

You can range almost all monster in RS. Only cyclops are immune to it. I take it you mean training range from a safe spot. The OP asks about melee and you suggest ranging them as melee is useless... in your opinion. You are clearly not helping him, you are rather pushing him in your way of training based on... your definition of efficiency without facts to back you up. That is a pretty lame advice.

No, I was merely suggesting an alternate training method that he may not have thought of. Isn't that what the help and advice board is all about? Giving advice? Isn't part of giving advice suggesting things that players may not have otherwise thought of, or might not know about?

No, I was merely suggesting an alternate training method that he may not have thought of. Isn't that what the help and advice board is all about? Giving advice? Isn't part of giving advice suggesting things that players may not have otherwise thought of, or might not know about?

I agree. Except you did suggest melee was useless. That"s an opinion, but you should have given it more back-up. Saying : I"d suggest ranging them as they have easy to find safespot and low ranged def would have been perfectly helpful. In fact, I also think ranging them is great, I used to do it all the time before I got 99 ranged. Now I train my slayer with melee as it is usually faster than ranged.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Actually ranging them is more pointless because you cant use void range. Its one of the slayer tasks I still melee, and on task I get 75-80k melee exp an hour or so. though it never takes an hour to finish the task of course, usually 30-40 minutes.

off task It would likely still be a solid 60k exp an hour, they have pathetic defense

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning