Fullmetal Alchemst Season 3

Serpent Eye

The official website for the new Fullmetal Alchemist television anime series has launched with a short teaser video, and it has confirmed that the television series will launch in Japan in April. It also promised that new information will be provided in the January issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine (where Hiromu Arakawa's original manga is still serialized) on December 12. The same issue will also include a poster with a key visual image.

The new Fullmetal Alchemist teaser trailer ran at the end of the episode of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season that aired in Japan on Sunday. The trailer says, "New training a fullmetal artificial limb, a body of armor the brothers' journey begins. Fullmetal Alchemist: April 2009 Training. In this palm, is there hope or despair?"

The new television anime series was confirmed on the wraparound jacket band of the 20th volume of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga in August. However, a document with leaked information about animators who worked at BONES had already mentioned the possibility of "Hagane 2" ("Iron/Fullmetal 2") in July. Viz Media published the 17th volume of the manga version in North America this October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.

:twss:

Lykeomgyay!

Also, there's an official website up for the new series, found here, that offers a quick (really quick) teaser trailer - unfortunently, it's in Japanese... so...

...but still.

:twss: :twss: :twss:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Can someone explain to me why is this such a good anime?

I don't think there are words to explain its spiffiness...

Personally I think just seeing the word "spiffiness" (And a made up one at that) Will instantly turn a large number of people off FMA right away.

But to each his own I suppose ;)

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Personally I think just seeing the word "spiffiness" (And a made up one at that) Will instantly turn a large number of people off FMA right away.

But to each his own I suppose ;)

Spiffy Seasame Street avatar, by the way. :thumbup: To each his own.

Really? I must need some explanation so is this all new or based from the last movie?

Well, logic would tell us that it's based off of the movie, since the movie was just a continuation of the anime series. I honestly don't know any of the finer details yet. I guess anticipation will just make it that much sweeter.

---

But in all honesty, I don't know exactly why I think this anime is so cool. I think a majority of the viewers were first hooked on the manga series, and then started watching the anime when it came out.

The storyline of the series is really cool, I think. Now, I'm really not that into manga or anime. So I'm not sure if it compares to the complexity of some of the other storylines. But yeah... the whole idea is of alchemy is just appealing to me.

I can't explain it ~.~

I'm just obsessed..

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The term good is relative to all forms of media, and differs from person to person. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Only truly weak people let other people tell them what is good and what is bad. Well some video games are an exception to the rule, as they are broken.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The term good is relative to all forms of media, and differs from person to person. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Only truly weak people let other people tell them what is good and what is bad. Well some video games are an exception to the rule, as they are broken.

Did you just call me weak?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I think the vast majority of people would disagree with you here.

I think it's silly to let other people tell you what is good or what is bad, and to buy into it and just trust their word on it. There is nothing wrong or "weak" about having someone tell me, "Don't watch that movie/show, it's bad." I'm open to other people's opinions. I'm just not going to take their word as fact, and I'm going to try it out for myself, and see how I like it. But listening to people's suggestions about things isn't a sign of weakness...

And I didn't know there was any "rule" along those lines. But it seems kind of silly to enforce the rules for everything with the exception of a few video games. With that logic, you could apply it to everything...

"Don't let other people tell you anime is good. Anime is bad. Well, except for this one, and this one, and this one..."

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I heard it was based off the manga storyline, which begs the question of where they are going to begin with it.

The original anime followed the manga pretty well up to the Greed fight, but after that the storylines where essentially two completely different entities, maintaining only the characters and their traits from the first twenty or so episodes.

The problem lies in that you can't really start from the beginning- if you did you'd just end up repeating the first twenty episodes of the original anime, changing one or two things here and there back to the way the manga portrayed them (ex: Shou Tucker's death), but overall it'd just be a big repeat and a giant waste of time.

So the best place to start off is where the original anime and the manga diverged, at the Greed fight. But then that'd be like saying "hey, we goofed on the second half and the frikkin' movie, they were all just lies, so here's the real story!", which may not blow over well with some fans. That, on top of the fact that some of the discrepencies between the first twenty episodes and the original anime (read again: Shou Tucker's death), would have to be pointed out, and the storylines that didn't exist in the manga (ex: the other brothers elric) would have to be explained into deletion.

So how can it be done with the original manga? Or does it really just follow from the movie? I find that unlikely, considering how well they tied things off at the end of it, especially with the whole no more alchemy thing (added to the fact that Alphonse is back in armor in the trailer). So, it seems more likely that it goes off the manga. But then we get back to the problems above -_-.

I honestly don't have high hopes for this, as much as I want more FMA. Unless they're trying to do the manga justice (which the different drawing style in the trailer does not suggest), it just feels like they're just trying to make a quick buck during a creative dry season.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It has an interesting story.

Only if youve never seen any animu before. KEY pull off better storylines than this, and all they do is recycle a single one from ages ago.

"Don't let other people tell you anime is good. Anime is bad. Well, except for this one, and this one, and this one..."

Animu is bad. Dont let others tell you otherwise. Its just some are badder than others.

knkcopy.jpg

It has an interesting story.

Only if youve never seen any animu before. KEY pull off better storylines than this, and all they do is recycle a single one from ages ago.

Animu is bad. Dont let others tell you otherwise. Its just some are badder than others.

:thumbdown:

...I.... I won't bother commenting on any of what you said.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I'm not trying anything? Anime is overrated anyway

That sounds like the equivalent of saying books are overrated.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

That sounds like the equivalent of saying books are overrated.

ammm, neh. Anime isn't that great because most of the time the animation is poor, the fight scenes are slow and there's waaaay too much talking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is 1 anime episode the equivalent to 1 manga chapter?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Thats just as well then. And, yes, it is.

ammm, neh. Anime isn't that great because most of the time the animation is poor, the fight scenes are slow and there's waaaay too much talking.

This only applies to shounen crap [see]. Most other animu have half decent animation, little or no fight scenes and talking is dependant on plot. Of course, there are some which break this rule, as with most rules.

Why not watch a REAL animu like Akagi?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is 1 anime episode the equivalent to 1 manga chapter?

Depends. Some may be faster and some slower. Plus same animu are developed from games, so its hard to be equivalent.

knkcopy.jpg

Change title to

Anime good or bad? :roll:

I liked FMA. Too bad I cannot watch it anymoer my mummy wont let me.

:lol:

It had a great storyline and wasnt overrated like DBZ and put into all kid-info books everywhere etc

I love it. Best anime ever.

And Im not a fan of anime.

I dont need a siggy no moar.